User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 06:44 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Why are companies believed over the driver?

I have been trying to get back on the road for the past 4 months. I have filled out application after application with limited response. Finally, I cornered a recruiter who turned me down over the phone. I asked her why and she proceeded to rattle off several incidents on my DAC. I then sent out an email to every company to which I applied and explained my side (re: TRUTH) of the DAC report. I received zero response. Apparently, and please correct me if I am wrong, but, the company is believed over me, WHY? Why would companies do this?
"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters - BARACK OBAMA
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Get a copy of your DAC,and correct any false statements.

Old 07-16-2007, 08:01 PM

mike3fan wrote:

Quote:
Get a copy of your DAC,and correct any false statements.
I am in the process of doing just that. However, what are the chances of these entries being reversed? What is in question is whether an event was preventable (I drove on some grass rather than roll over two illegally parked cars, and had a roll gate close on me while backing through) or as I maintain, not my fault and not preventable. Why am I not believed now?
"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters - BARACK OBAMA
Old 07-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Are you listing the incidents on your applications? If you are not then right there is 3/4 of the problem.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:50 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
I am in the process of doing just that. However, what are the chances of these entries being reversed?
Slim to none.

Quote:
What is in question is whether an event was preventable (I drove on some grass rather than roll over two illegally parked cars, and had a roll gate close on me while backing through) or as I maintain, not my fault and not preventable. Why am I not believed now?
Those sound rather minor, so I would be inclined to believe that either the company is saying something different or there is another reason you are being denied.

Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 PM

Uturn2001 wrote

Quote:
Are you listing the incidents on your applications? If you are not then right there is 3/4 of the problem.
Yes I am, AND I am following up with an email, or letter, in the event of a mail-in, that explains my side.

Twilight Flyer wrote:

Quote:
Those sound rather minor, so I would be inclined to believe that either the company is saying something different or there is another reason you are being denied.
That is what I was told by the ONE recruiter who didn't give me "we don't release that information" or "we have other candidates who are more what we are looking for"
Old 07-16-2007, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I am in the process of doing just that. However, what are the chances of these entries being reversed?

Slim to none.
Really, why? No police were called for either incident, no tickets were issued. Safety put their own spin on my DAC after I relayed the facts to them. Why are they allowed to get away with that? Why am I not believed? As far as I know, no insurance claim was ever made for the grass. The roll gate was lifted up on to the rollers by me and the yard manager.

This is killing us. For medical reasons I have not worked for 8 months and I want to get back to driving. My wife and I are about to lose everything we have worked for and all because of misinformation, why does no one believe the driver?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:32 PM
Senior Board Member

Are you listing the accidents as preventable or non preventable on your applications.

BTW: At many companies if you are moving the truck and hit or run over anything that you are not suppose to then it is a preventable accident/incident.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:37 PM

Uturn2001 wrote:

Quote:
Are you listing the accidents as preventable or non preventable on your applications.
Non-preventable and then I explain with my side
Old 07-16-2007, 09:40 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
This is killing us. For medical reasons I have not worked for 8 months and I want to get back to driving
You might have just answered your own question. I would guess that your medical issues might be serious enough that a company can't work with them. Are they back problems? Cardiac issues? Anything that would exclude you from performing the job?