Old 12-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Born and RaiZed

Quote:
Just say your dog ate your logbook!
Then enjoy your 10 hours of off-duty time: :wink:

Quote:
§395.13 Drivers declared out of service.

(a) Authority to declare drivers Out of Service. Every special agent of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (as defined in Appendix B to this subchapter) is authorized to declare a driver out of service and to notify the motor carrier of that declaration, upon finding at the time and place of examination that the driver has violated the out of service criteria as set forth in paragraph (b) of this section.

(b) Out of Service criteria. (1) No driver shall drive after being on duty in excess of the maximum periods permitted by this part.

(b)(2) No driver required to maintain a record of duty status under §395.8 or §395.15 of this part shall fail to have a record of duty status current on the day of examination and for the prior 7 consecutive days.

(b)(3) Exception. A driver failing only to have possession of a record of duty status current on the day of examination and the prior day, but has completed records of duty status up to that time (previous 6 days), will be given the opportunity to make the duty status record current.
Be safe.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: Dot hours of service confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Rev: I am not trying to start a war here ok! Many drivers have mistaken how to log when doing multiple stops in one town.
The part about doing multiple stops is not true. You must log all time spent behind the wheel as driving time and all time spent on-duty as line 4.
The FMCSA regs state differently when it is related to multiple short stops. If I were a driver delivering beer, for example, and I had 10 stops in a 2 mile radius, then I could log the entire thing as ON DUTY (not driving), and just note the 10 stops in the remarks section, per the FMCSA interpretation.

Quote:
What DOT states is you can avoid drawing the lines as you do it and combine the time in groups. To do this say you work a total of 4 hours doing local work (normally OTR driver) you spent a total of 2 hours loading/unloading and 2 hours total driving (all different stops) then you must log 2 hours on-duty (first) then 2 hours driving (last) then continue on as logging as normal (if you are not out of hours by this time).
This is not true for multiple short stops in the same city.

Quote:
Before you ask: Please read the sentence in between the smiley faces.
And please read the sentence that is in RED:

Quote:
Question 6: How should multiple short stops in a town or city be recorded on a record of duty status?

Guidance: All stops made in any one city, town, village or municipality may be computed as one. In such cases the sum of all stops should be shown on a continuous line as on-duty (not driving). The aggregate driving time between such stops should be entered on the record of duty status immediately following the on-duty (not driving) entry. The name of the city, town, village, or municipality, followed by the State abbreviation where all the stops took place, must appear in the "remarks" section of the record of duty status.
Old 12-31-2006, 04:21 AM
Board Icon

Dang... can't wait to get into THIS one! But... too tired tonight! Just ran about 40 hours and logged 22 of them! :lol:

Good thing I'm not on the road! :lol:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-31-2006, 06:01 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Rev: I am not trying to start a war here ok! Many drivers have mistaken how to log when doing multiple stops in one town.
The part about doing multiple stops is not true. You must log all time spent behind the wheel as driving time and all time spent on-duty as line 4.
The FMCSA regs state differently when it is related to multiple short stops. If I were a driver delivering beer, for example, and I had 10 stops in a 2 mile radius, then I could log the entire thing as ON DUTY (not driving), and just note the 10 stops in the remarks section, per the FMCSA interpretation.

Quote:
What DOT states is you can avoid drawing the lines as you do it and combine the time in groups. To do this say you work a total of 4 hours doing local work (normally OTR driver) you spent a total of 2 hours loading/unloading and 2 hours total driving (all different stops) then you must log 2 hours on-duty (first) then 2 hours driving (last) then continue on as logging as normal (if you are not out of hours by this time).
This is not true for multiple short stops in the same city.

Quote:
Before you ask: Please read the sentence in between the smiley faces.
And please read the sentence that is in RED:

Quote:
Question 6: How should multiple short stops in a town or city be recorded on a record of duty status?

Guidance: All stops made in any one city, town, village or municipality may be computed as one. In such cases the sum of all stops should be shown on a continuous line as on-duty (not driving). The aggregate driving time between such stops should be entered on the record of duty status immediately following the on-duty (not driving) entry. The name of the city, town, village, or municipality, followed by the State abbreviation where all the stops took place, must appear in the "remarks" section of the record of duty status.
YEah I read the stuff in the Red, but what you need to do is read the whole paragraph that I again stated before and as long as you want to argue it, then you shall maybe one day see! This covers all arguments above!

Guidance: All stops made in any one city, town, village or municipality may be computed as one. In such cases the sum of all stops should be shown on a continuous line as on-duty (not driving) (Dawns words here, So any time spent loading/unloading whatever on duty time means you would count this time as line 4). The aggregate driving (HELLO ALL DRIVING TIME!) time between such stops should be entered on the record of duty status immediately following the on-duty (not driving) ( Dawns words, read closely there REV & Golf)Again the driving time should follow the line 4 time) entry. The name of the city, town, village, or municipality, followed by the State abbreviation where all the stops took place, must appear in the "remarks" section of the record of duty status. (Dawns words)If you don't know to put the City & State then you need to go back to log training for sure

Read the Green Rev! I think you totally skip over a few little details yourself in some cases, anyone who wants to believe he is correct I really don't care as long as you don't work for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! Do I need to copy and paste it A-G-A-I-N????????????
Old 12-31-2006, 02:05 PM
Rookie

Dawn and Rev. I believe both of you are on the same page here. Dawn, if you READ between the smileys you'll see that what Rev. is quoting is what you are saying but in different wording.

And A happy New Year to all
Old 01-02-2007, 02:06 PM
Board Icon

Once again, Dawn, you show your incompetence.

Quote:
YEah I read the stuff in the Red, but what you need to do is read the whole paragraph that I again stated before and as long as you want to argue it, then you shall maybe one day see! This covers all arguments above!
So you want me to read the WHOLE paragraph, so you highlight ONE WORD?

Quote:
Read the Green Rev!
I did. It said driving. Your point?

Quote:
I think you totally skip over a few little details yourself in some cases, anyone who wants to believe he is correct I really don't care as long as you don't work for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't aware that you own a trucking company, or that you are an employer. Care to share your EIN with everyone? I know I have one - do you?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:15 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Once again, Dawn, you show your incompetence.

Quote:
So you want me to read the WHOLE paragraph, so you highlight ONE WORD?

Quote:
Read the Green Rev!
I did. It said driving. Your point?

Quote:
I think you totally skip over a few little details yourself in some cases, anyone who wants to believe he is correct I really don't care as long as you don't work for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wasn't aware that you own a trucking company, or that you are an employer. Care to share your EIN with everyone? I know I have one - do you?
1) Yes you needed to read the whole paragraph, but the green was stating you must log line 3 (driving) to account for the driving time. Then it states you must log the on-duty time first and the driving should follow.

YOU stated earlier in a post that you can log line 4 for all time spent delivering in the city. THIS IS NOT TRUE UNLESS you are a local driver.

2) No but the owner of the company pretty much consider's we are family and I consider my drivers as mine (yeap, I do that makes it personal and welcoming, sorry you don't see it that way)

If I did own a company I would not give you any numbers! Once again you show you are a very unfriendly person! :lol:
Old 01-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Board Regular
Default On duty

And I am not posting any debates on this post. I will only reply if something positive or helpful. So reply if you want but I won't respond just to entertain people in the wrong way! :lol:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Old 01-03-2007, 12:31 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: On duty

Quote:
And I am not posting any debates on this post. I will only reply if something positive or helpful. So reply if you want but I won't respond just to entertain people in the wrong way! :lol:
Too late.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:47 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: On duty

Quote:

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Well that didn't last long, did it?