User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

AHHHHHHH!!!!!! NO MORE OF THE MADNESS. DAWN HAS DIVIDED US ALL!!!!!!!! :shock: :lol:

Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Board Regular

Umm I think I posted I was done arguing, and it is funny THEY keep posting stuff and I just keep getting e-mails, I ignored about 20 of them! And when I post the facts someone only has to say "give it up".

So no matter what I do or say you guys just want to say something rude! :lol:

So if you want tell the others ones to stop making comments every hour and then I won't respond! I did not ask them any questions and I did not post anything mean, wrong in the beginning. They continuously tried to fight!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:00 AM
Board Icon

Well put, kc0iv.

I think the worst part about our good friend Dawn is that she came here thinking we needed to be "taught" about the regulations, and she was the one to do it. Talk about a condescending attitude!

I only learned about the regulations because I took the time to read the DOT Bible from cover to cover after getting a bunk citation from a mis-informed DOT officer(I like boring reading). I then started digging into the FMCSA website, and found all the interpretations, and started really learning the system.

Now it is to the point that I can find the answer to almost any regulation I can think of in a few short minutes. Does that make me an expert? No. I just know how to use the system.

I don't think Dawn even knew the system EXISTED, and if she did, she made her opinion of it perfectly clear from the start. And yet she was an expert in her own mind.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:04 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Umm I think I posted I was done arguing, and it is funny THEY keep posting stuff and I just keep getting e-mails, I ignored about 20 of them! And when I post the facts someone only has to say "give it up".
Once again, you are making things up Dawn. Your email address is not available to any of the members of this website. If you received ANY emails (which I doubt), they were from the administrators of this website.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

maybe she? Meant a PM
Old 11-09-2006, 01:12 AM
Board Regular

-1. May a driver be on duty for more than 14 consecutive hours?

Yes. A driver may remain on duty for more than 14 hours; however, the driver of a property-carrying CMV cannot drive after the 14th hour after coming on duty. Also, the additional on-duty time will be counted toward the 60/70-hour on-duty limit.

"Yeah and, I said this pretty much to the exact thing!" So you posted this because?
You can be on line 4 all you want past your 14 hour!

One good exception where the 14 hour can be extended is the Adverse driving conditions which Dawn's does not cover. She said 14 hours and you are done. Which in most cases would be true. However if a driver has used the Adverse driving conditions exception and she doesn't understand this exception but only goes with her simple rule she would declare that driver in violation.

However if a driver has used the Adverse driving conditions exception and she doesn't understand this exception but only goes with her simple rule she would declare that driver in violation.

Again sorry to say that you are "wrong" DOT only allows you to drive 2 hours past the 11 hour, they specificly say you can not drive past your 14 hour! The only way to drive past your 14 hour is to have an 8 or more hours in the "SLEEPER".

And if you want facts "since you know the book" go find it! You will "trust me"

I agree there is a exception to the rule. If one understands this exception applies to local driving. One who starts and end at the same location.

Local drivers follow 12 hour day rule " I don't believe I posted anything about LOCAL drivers, but I can! I do know those rules to!

There is also an exception to the 14 hour rule which involves OILFIELD OPERATIONS. Where a driver does not have to log on-duty not driving. They may extent the 14 hour rule by the amount of time waiting.

Was not discussing "Oil field" Dont know ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

Even then one has to trace the complete path to fully explain a given rule.

Yeap I agree, and I have done that so instead of telling a driver to refer to the DOT book "that I have read" and much more material other than the book offered through many DOT resources. So like I said I say it like it is instead of copying and pasting the regulations.
-1. May a driver be on duty for more than 14 consecutive hours?

Yes. A driver may remain on duty for more than 14 hours; however, the driver of a property-carrying CMV cannot drive after the 14th hour after coming on duty. Also, the additional on-duty time will be counted toward the 60/70-hour on-duty limit.

"Yeah and, I said this pretty much to the exact thing!" So you posted this because?

One good exception where the 14 hour can be extended is the Adverse driving conditions which Dawn's does not cover. She said 14 hours and you are done. Which in most cases would be true. However if a driver has used the Adverse driving conditions exception and she doesn't understand this exception but only goes with her simple rule she would declare that driver in violation.

However if a driver has used the Adverse driving conditions exception and she doesn't understand this exception but only goes with her simple rule she would declare that driver in violation.

Again sorry to say that you are "wrong" DOT only allows you to drive 2 hours past the 11 hour, they specificly say you can not drive past your 14 hour! The only way to drive past your 14 hour is to have an 8 or more hours in the "SLEEPER".

And if you want facts "since you know the book" go find it! You will "trust me"

I agree there is a exception to the rule. If one understands this exception applies to local driving. One who starts and end at the same location.

Local drivers follow 12 hour day rule " I don't believe I posted anything about LOCAL drivers, but I can! I do know those rules to!

There is also an exception to the 14 hour rule which involves OILFIELD OPERATIONS. Where a driver does not have to log on-duty not driving. They may extent the 14 hour rule by the amount of time waiting.

Was not discussing "Oil field" Dont know ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

Even then one has to trace the complete path to fully explain a given rule.

Yeap I agree, and I have done that so instead of refering to the DOT book "that I have read" and much more material other than the book offered through many DOT resources. So like I said I say it like it is instead

Again you need to re-read the "updated Federal DOT" book! Or you could just call them!

Again you giving false information!
And why do you guys keep responding, I said I would not talk to you, but you guys keep posting stuff! Would you give it a rest" I sure am trying! Hard when someone keeps giving "False information"
Old 11-09-2006, 01:14 AM
Board Icon

give it a rest
Old 11-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Or should I say her answer was incomplete

Which is what I SAID in the first place! :lol:

All the exceptions you noted, are exactly what I meant, although I was referring to the S/B exceptions and the split logging, which DOES apply to OTR. But, you help make my point.

By quoting that ONE section from the FAQ's, without all the exceptions and clarifications found in the REGS, she was addressing the situation of driving past the 14 hour mark in a "black and white" fashion that would mislead some into thinking this was ALL they were allowed to do.

As for the definition you quoted... :lol: :lol: :lol: I was joking with the Rev. I didn't really think that link would HAVE definitions of phrases. Anyway.... where's that picture of the guy beating the horse?

The regs ARE "black and white" or cut and dried. But unless you include all pertinent paragraphs (which sometimes requires going to another section,) and maybe even using the "guidance" (which I check ALL the time, REV!) they CAN be ambiguous, confusing and misleading.

I don't have any problem understanding them... but some might. :wink:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
maybe she? Meant a PM
I find that most people who claim to receive countless PM's about any particular subject are either:

1. Liars, or
2. Schizo's

Perhaps you remember a little Sheep dancer, who claimed that his PM box was overflowing with drivers looking to sign on with JB Hunt? Yet they were likely all PM's from his MULTS.
Old 11-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Senior Board Member

Dawn------------ GO AWAY!!! You said you were leaving. NOBODY here asked you for your help or opinion. Why you found upon yourself to randomly post Rules and Regs is beyond me. But offer your opinion when asked. "Trust me" on this. :roll: