User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2006, 05:57 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturn2001
The closest thing in the "regs" comes from the Interpretation for Part 395: Hours of Service of Drivers which is found HERE

Quote:
Question 2: What conditions must be met for a CMV driver to record meal and other routine stops made during a tour of duty as off-duty time?

Guidance: 1. The driver must have been relieved of all duty and responsibility for the care and custody of the vehicle, its accessories, and any cargo or passengers it may be carrying.

2. The duration of the driver's relief from duty must be a finite period of time which is of sufficient duration to ensure that the accumulated fatigue resulting from operating a CMV will be significantly reduced.

3. If the driver has been relieved from duty, as noted in (1) above, the duration of the relief from duty must have been made known to the driver prior to the driver's departure in written instructions from the employer. There are no record retention requirements for these instructions on board a vehicle or at a motor carrier's principal place of business.

4. During the stop, and for the duration of the stop, the driver must be at liberty to pursue activities of his/her own choosing and to leave the premises where the vehicle is situated.
Highlighting Number 3:

Quote:
3. If the driver has been relieved from duty, as noted in (1) above, the duration of the relief from duty must have been made known to the driver prior to the driver's departure in written instructions from the employer. There are no record retention requirements for these instructions on board a vehicle or at a motor carrier's principal place of business.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:16 AM
Board Regular

Yoopr: Rev did ask for it, he seemed to doubt (once again") that it could be possible a driver could be arrested for falsifying his logs! I would refer you to the message, but I really don't want to read through all the crap. Feel free to look for it in my messages. And he started picking when I sent the split break message (I belive my first post) and if you look below my message on down, someone did ask about split breaking! I just posted it so everyone could see it and the one who asked could see it as well. So that is all, I am around regardless of what Rev or anyone says! I can hang, cause if I couldn't I sure wouldn't have dealt with it for 18 years! I have dealt with many drivers as you guys and guess what, they eventually come back and appoligize for arguing with me and sometimes that is because they got fined or wrote up. Sometimes they just argue because they are mad at something else and I just blow the arguing off, as they are having a BAD DAY! So I see Rev has many bad days, he likes to argue, he really made me feel welcome! :lol:
Old 11-08-2006, 01:34 AM
Board Icon

FALSIFYING LOGS IS NOT A CRIMINAL OFFENSE.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Board Regular

READ this part again "the duration of the relief from duty must have been made known to the driver prior to the driver's departure in WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE EMPLOYER! (I re typed that in BOLD letters so you could make sure you could see it!

2 people have now told you that the company has to give you a card to allow you to log off duty while in transit with a load, so why can't you BELIEVE IT!

AND YES FALSIFYING LOGS IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE, if you cause DEATH! and if you injure someone and you was found to be falsifying your logs (which would prove you are over your hours of service) you would be held ACCOUNTABLE! Now would you go to prison for the injury "probably not" Now get in an accident and kill someone and they "FIND OUT" you are falsifying your logs and umm lets see you go to prison! Call the attorney that advertises "have you been in an accident with a truck driver "please call" and ask him if I am over my hours or falsifying my logs and I get in an accident and someone gets killed, what will happen to me. Let me know the answer, I would do it, but I ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER! And you would not believe the ANSWER!
Old 11-08-2006, 02:03 AM
Board Icon

There are no record retention requirements for these instructions on board a vehicle or at a motor carrier's principal place of business.

Quote:
READ this part again "the duration of the relief from duty must have been made known to the driver prior to the driver's departure in WRITTEN INSTRUCTIONS FROM THE EMPLOYER! (I re typed that in BOLD letters so you could make sure you could see it!
READ THIS PART AGAIN - I'll make it real big for you:

There are no record retention requirements for these instructions on board a vehicle or at a motor carrier's principal place of business.

Quote:
2 people have now told you that the company has to give you a card to allow you to log off duty while in transit with a load, so why can't you BELIEVE IT!
What 2 people? You and who else?

Quote:
AND YES FALSIFYING LOGS IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE, if you cause DEATH!
Back this up with some sort of legal proof.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:08 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

These threads make my head hurt
Have fun
Old 11-08-2006, 02:17 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
These threads make my head hurt
Have fun
actually i find quite interesting :lol:
Old 11-08-2006, 02:19 AM
Board Regular

Street I bet you do find them interesting. Gosh they make my head hurt! At least you say something that makes me SMILE!

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT
Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 AM
Board Regular

no expert here so if yall must..................continue on :lol:
Old 11-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Board Regular

Street: I like you! Just keep it simple! You are an instigator though (s/p) I am sure REV will let me know about my spelling error! :lol: