User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2006, 12:10 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Golf: Wow someone who HONESTLY KNOWS THE FACTS!
That is all I am going to say! Rev is not worth my time. All he does is twist words around to read as he wanted them to read! And the other guy, gosh I can't even remember their names half the time. Maybe I am just dumb!

:lol:

Golf we are right!!!!!!!!! One day the one's who don't listen well they will find out the truth, and honestly I can say I hope it consist of a fine so they can really say wow, SHE was right!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:45 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn
Golf: Wow someone who HONESTLY KNOWS THE FACTS!
That is all I am going to say! Rev is not worth my time. All he does is twist words around to read as he wanted them to read! And the other guy, gosh I can't even remember their names half the time. Maybe I am just dumb!

:lol:

Golf we are right!!!!!!!!! One day the one's who don't listen well they will find out the truth, and honestly I can say I hope it consist of a fine so they can really say wow, SHE was right!
The FACTS are sitting right in front of you, yet you don't see them:

Quote:
Question 1: How should a change of duty status for a short period of time be shown on the driver's record of duty status?

Guidance: Short periods of time (less than 15 minutes) may be identified by drawing a line from the appropriate on-duty (not driving) or driving line to the remarks section and entering the amount of time, such as "6 minutes," and the geographic location of the duty status change.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:26 AM
Board Regular
Default Clasic

So you are saying that if you are at the shipper for two hours you are going to log that on line 4. Well lets see you log 15 min for hitting the dock and going inside. The shipper or receiver says they will let you know when you are done so you go back to the truck. 2 hours later they come out give you paperwork. Log 15 min on line 4 to get papers pull away close doors and then your off. So in all at the shipper on line 4 you have 30 mins. you are saying that would be an eyebrow raiser for DOT?

I am sorry I re-read this and I did not respond to it, I responded to Rev:

No what you said logging 30-minutes for the loading/unloading (if thats the time you ACTUALLY SPENT dealing with it) is fine, but logging OFF DUTY (LINE 1) @ a shipper/consignee is DEFINETLY an eyebrow raiser for most DOT officer. Logging in the sleeper while they load/unload you is ok (again as long as you are really in the sleeper).

DOT Just knows you are dealing with loading/unloading for @ least 15 minutes (most of the time longer, depends?) but they say (when they do a DOT audit inside the company) he/she should have @ least 15 minutes. Some officers will say more than 15 minutes.

All I can say is trust me on the above & original post. You might get by with not logging loading/unloading on line 4 every now and then, and well if you act like you had no clue, maybe you will get a warning (again though your name is now in the DOT profile for your company, so you are a prime candidate of being DOT audited if they audit the company within the 6 months). But I am sharing to hopefully prevent anyone from finding out the hard way!
Many companies just don't look @ this information on their drivers. Trust me when DOT comes into the office They look at all that AND MORE!

Again I did not mean to ignore you, and I hope you will "TALK" with me about it, if you don't understand what I am saying. I would be happy to discuss it IN A NICE WAY!
HAVE A GREAT NITE
Old 11-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Board Icon
Default Re: Clasic

Quote:
So you are saying that if you are at the shipper for two hours you are going to log that on line 4. Well lets see you log 15 min for hitting the dock and going inside. The shipper or receiver says they will let you know when you are done so you go back to the truck. 2 hours later they come out give you paperwork. Log 15 min on line 4 to get papers pull away close doors and then your off. So in all at the shipper on line 4 you have 30 mins. you are saying that would be an eyebrow raiser for DOT?
Nope - you have it all wrong.

- Hitting the dock - driving time.
- Going inside - ON DUTY (not driving). If it is less than 15 minutes, it can be flagged (per the DOT regulations)
- Waiting while someone else loads a trailer, and you are not responsible for counting or supervising - OFF DUTY or SLEEPER BERTH
- Receiving paperwork - ON DUTY (not driving). If it is less than 15 minutes, it can be flagged (per the DOT regulations)

Quote:
No what you said logging 30-minutes for the loading/unloading (if thats the time you ACTUALLY SPENT dealing with it) is fine, but logging OFF DUTY (LINE 1) @ a shipper/consignee is DEFINETLY an eyebrow raiser for most DOT officer.
"Eyebrow raiser" or not, it is not a violation of the FMCSA regulations.

Quote:
DOT Just knows you are dealing with loading/unloading for @ least 15 minutes (most of the time longer, depends?) but they say (when they do a DOT audit inside the company) he/she should have @ least 15 minutes. Some officers will say more than 15 minutes.
The FMCSA regulations say otherwise. I don't care what the DOT officer says. They can (and many times ARE) wrong.

Quote:
All I can say is trust me on the above & original post. You might get by with not logging loading/unloading on line 4 every now and then, and well if you act like you had no clue, maybe you will get a warning (again though your name is now in the DOT profile for your company, so you are a prime candidate of being DOT audited if they audit the company within the 6 months).
DOT does not audit specific drivers - they audit MOTOR CARRIERS.
Old 11-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I always raised the DOT's eyebrows but then I changed their direction and got them laughing and I was usually home free :P
Old 11-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Uturn: Backing up can be logged as line 4, because you are on private property. Which saves YOUR driving hours.

Interpretation for Part 395: Hours of Service of Drivers

Question 9: A driver drives on streets and highways during the week and jockeys CMVs in the yard (private property) on weekends. How is the yard time to be recorded?

Guidance: On-duty (driving).

Straight from the FMCSA website. Under your logic any time you leave a public road into ANY parking lot would be line 4? :roll:

Old 11-08-2006, 02:53 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
Quote:
Uturn: Backing up can be logged as line 4, because you are on private property. Which saves YOUR driving hours.

Interpretation for Part 395: Hours of Service of Drivers

Question 9: A driver drives on streets and highways during the week and jockeys CMVs in the yard (private property) on weekends. How is the yard time to be recorded?

Guidance: On-duty (driving).

Straight from the FMCSA website. Under your logic any time you leave a public road into ANY parking lot would be line 4? :roll:
I already posted this one. But you have to realize, you are wrong, because you are "copying and pasting" from the "stupid" DOT regs. "Trust" her. :wink:
Old 11-08-2006, 03:53 AM
Board Regular

The point is you girls are just trying to be difficult and to technical! I am trying to help a driver out and tell them how they can log legal! You can do what I said and I GUARANTEE YOU that DOT will not bother you, but if you log off duty at a shipper/consignee he will ask you more questions!
Hello did I not state that?

Rev & umm can't remember your name: tee hee! Get over trying to be perfect, I know what I am saying and I am sure others do to, it just only seems to be a number of 2 that have to make stupid comments and anyone else who has comments sorry, but I am just trying to help out, these 2 have drug out simple information into this big World war 2!
geeeeessssssssss how many miles are you getting by typing? I guess yo type as you drive. Maybe you will be in an accident and since it is not in the Federal DOT book that typing while driving is not a cause of an accident and you will escape free. Common sense it would be your "FAULT". So go drive your truck. I hope you are not on your 10 hour break, cause you are not following dot regs! :lol:
Old 11-08-2006, 03:57 AM
Board Icon

I am trying to help a driver out and tell them how they can log legal! Y

I don't recall ANYBODY asking for your help and button the Lip with the name calling.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:12 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
The point is you girls are just trying to be difficult and to technical!
Difficult and technical. Two things that are smart to be when dealing with DOT regulations.

Quote:
I am trying to help a driver out and tell them how they can log legal!
But you are not "legal" when you state INCORRECT information.

Quote:
Rev & umm can't remember your name: tee hee! Get over trying to be perfect, I know what I am saying and I am sure others do to, it just only seems to be a number of 2 that have to make stupid comments and anyone else who has comments sorry, but I am just trying to help out, these 2 have drug out simple information into this big World war 2!
And I will continue to do so as long as you keep posting incorrect information.

Quote:
geeeeessssssssss how many miles are you getting by typing? I guess yo type as you drive.
No, I don't. And that is something you will never understand, because you are obviously from the "run hard, not smart" mindset.

Quote:
Maybe you will be in an accident and since it is not in the Federal DOT book that typing while driving is not a cause of an accident and you will escape free. Common sense it would be your "FAULT".
Since I am parked right now, I doubt there is any chance of me getting into an accident.

Quote:
So go drive your truck.
Make me.

Quote:
I hope you are not on your 10 hour break, cause you are not following dot regs! :lol:
Please - I would LOVE to know how I am not following DOT regulations right now. :roll: