Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Double R:

Do you work for LJ?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Lj Kenedey a flatbed company out of Western Pa while they are not union they do have a union type pension and union type benifits and the pay is pretty good,and I know they have a very low turnover rate and dont just hire anybody with a pulse like most otr companys do.They are very selective on hiring there new drivers.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:16 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2explain18
Double R:

Do you work for LJ?
NOPE. Have thought about it, might apply on day, they are about 30 mins from me. I work for a foodservice company.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 06-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Board Regular

WHAAAAAAAT?
LJ Kennedy? $10 tarp pay? $10/hr detention AFTER 3 hours?
40CPM? Hardly what I call good pay.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:17 AM
Senior Board Member

o.k. if i'm working for a union co.. i love it.. if i'm on the outside looking in i dont like it. they over the years got real cocky with the big 3 automotive industry. if they were otr drivers.. when it went thru a slow period they would still want the pay for the miles, even if they ran no miles. slow? dont care, pay or we'll strike. i just dont like the.. i'm union now & you cannot fire me. attitude. by the way my twin is a union official in the chicago teamsters outfit. we always discuss qiute a bit. so no union bashing here, but have any one of you notice the difference in when you go to a shpp/rec, that is union & non union & the way & speed you are treated ?
Old 06-28-2007, 08:31 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
have any one of you notice the difference in when you go to a shpp/rec, that is union & non union & the way & speed you are treated ?
Yup, when I walk into a warehouse that is union, I see $$$$ since I am paid for every hour that I am there. When I walk into a non-union warehouse, I know that I will be out quick.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 06-28-2007, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
It's something you are for or against. I have had a good experience with the Teamsters at Roadway. They do a lot to protect us drivers. They make sure we are paid well, they make sure we all get equal work (reason why I was layed off) senior drivers can force a layoff to make sure they get work. Thats something that doesnt benefit me right now but once I move up it will be to my benefit.
So you can't wait to screw over some guy trying to feed his family?I love the right to work state..I can fire some clown for not doing their job and don't have to pay someone $23.00 hr to sweep the floors..Unions were
great when 8 and 10yr.olds were working 14hr days in sweatshops but I think they are breaking the back of Americans...IMHO
Old 06-29-2007, 03:33 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by larz0142
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben45750
It's something you are for or against. I have had a good experience with the Teamsters at Roadway. They do a lot to protect us drivers. They make sure we are paid well, they make sure we all get equal work (reason why I was layed off) senior drivers can force a layoff to make sure they get work. Thats something that doesnt benefit me right now but once I move up it will be to my benefit.
So you can't wait to screw over some guy trying to feed his family?I love the right to work state..I can fire some clown for not doing their job and don't have to pay someone $23.00 hr to sweep the floors..Unions were
great when 8 and 10yr.olds were working 14hr days in sweatshops but I think they are breaking the back of Americans...IMHO
have to agree with you larz. the other problem with unions is they put emphasis on how long you have been their not how well you do your job. you have some lazy piece of crap that makes $30/hr and does nothing all day but because he has been around for 20 years you cant give the job to someone who will actually do it. when all you union people go on strike or end up forcing a company to close do your union reps come around and help pay your bills with all the money they have stolen from you! nope!
Old 07-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larz0142
The concept of unions is needed now as well, but unions just release the companies liability to screw the worker even more, and unions ride on the worker too so its not a very good system.

If companies did not get more from unions, including excuses for their business incompetance, they would not be there: don't kid yourself. Ups drivers are professional athletes and can barely catch their wind usually from demands evolved from company/teamsters.

Our two party political system will not allow a fair system, and a union cannot battle company resources in knoweledge and expertise. Union officials are stressed out and appreciate company's solutions and kickbacks. Then they usually get the heck out of office as quick as their term is up, unless the company sees their personal power and may sweeten the deal to keep them longer. Then drop them like a ton of bricks when it chooses or they quit singing the company song.

BUT it should be a mutually beneficial arrangement! So when unions can invest in engineers, it would not be hard to squash bogus company half-baked adversarial relationship decisions. Rooting out management incompetence is at the root of all evil, and the hardest thing to change.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13
Lj Kenedey a flatbed company out of Western Pa while they are not union they do have a union type pension and union type benifits and the pay is pretty good,and I know they have a very low turnover rate and dont just hire anybody with a pulse like most otr companys do.They are very selective on hiring there new drivers.

Actually most of LJK's drivers are teamsters. They have about 40 drivers that they call system drivers who are non union and run thier longer hauls . I am one of them. Both the system drivers and union drivers make very good money. You are right about thier picky hiring process. They hire about 1 in 60 of the mass apps they get from websites like this. They hire around 1 in 15 who apply specifically to LJK. Last I heard the turnover was 32% this year.

To the poster pointing out the $10 tarp pay. Yeah thats low but do you know of any other company that gives you $25 cash everynight the driver sleeps in his cab? I'll take the $10 tarp pay in exchange for that. I have to tarp about 1 load every other week. It's nice have $100-$125 cash on your comdata card every monday morning.