User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-24-2006, 01:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default A/c in trucks

The company is called Chesbay Distributing Company. The funny thing about this whole situation is that we have one truck that has working a/c and it was given to the senior driver. Guess what he quit a month ago. But believe it or not there is plenty of time in between stops to cool down the truck. i am talking about a tandemn axle 18 wheeler tractot trailer not a single axel bay tailer with rolling doors.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

The other factor that many of the bean counters overlook is that if you don't have AC the truck will incur additional drag from having the window rolled down. Although most of the old vocational trucks were talking about here are aerodynamic bricks anyway.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:33 AM
Rookie
Default Re: A/c in trucks

Living in Arizona and driving locally, I would not drive a truck that did not have AC. I would find a new company

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaBulldogs13U
Hey guys a quick question is there a reg about having a/c in your truck...at work we were talking about it someone said if it was installed at the factory then it must work according to a reg.. I havent heard of that one. Before you guys ask the company I work for removed and disconected the a/c in all the trucks to "save on gas". That why I want to become an O/O to get away from these guys. It gets real humid in this part of Va