Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
I hear them all Maniac lol

Another question. You guys with drivers. What are you paying for workmans comp?? Since I will only have 1.5 drivers. 1 fulltime and 1 part time. Alot of insurance compaines for workmans comp dont want to touch me. and the rates im getting seem high.
Workers comp can vary widely from state to state. I would check around. You might also check to see if an occupational accident policy would be less expensive and if it would be allowed in your state. OOIDA has an occupational accident policy for about $140/month. Sometimes it is less and other times it is more than workers comp rates.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:15 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
One more question. The truck will have a temp/ transport tag when i pick it up. Then when i bobtail to get trailer that will have a temp/transport tag. Can the truck pull the trailer on a temp/transport tag?? I think i would have to really get a azzhole cop to bust my balls over it. But can the truck legally pull the trailer on a temp tag??
You should be OK as long as you are not hauling any freight.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Well made it back ok. 2,100 miles later. I did get two tickets in OK for not having decals or Ifta Stickers. I kinda thought they were wrong. But i just wanted to pay them $350.00 and get out of there. Other then that. Trip went good. Brakes need to get looked at and the clutch needs adjust or maybe replaced. But overall it seems like a good truck. Trailer was in better shape the i thought. which is always a plus. Now the real problem finding a driver.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-09-2016, 11:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Tractor is out of Paint. Next is lettering. Some more pics for ya

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 01-12-2016, 03:25 AM
Board Regular

Wow~ It's incredible to see the actual beginning of an empire!!! The truck looks AWESOME--and it IS great when something is, in fact, better when you see it than you initially thought it would be!
Admiring the courage, resolve, and pure nerve it takes to go out and MAKE your dream come true!
Wishing you a prosperous new year with your new addition to the "Dog Pound"!
Jewels
Old 01-12-2016, 11:51 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Sorry my other 2 trucks are dirty in that pic. Normally i try to keep them clean

what a load of crap...

Old 09-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Board Regular

Mackman,
At the risk of imposing on your time, i spotted a possible trend that you might be in the position to benefit from!
As the whole 'Go Green' movement picks up momentum, there are quite a few problems that are being examined. One of these is, you guessed it, solid waste. Stay with me..
I was doing some research on a totally different subject when I started seeing the same thing popping up: composting toilets. So, I took off on a tangent and researched those, some, too.
As I was reading, your beautiful new unit popped into my mind. As someone who is already familiar and functioning in a very similar business, you are in an enviable position to capitalize on a growing trend!
Here's my thinking:
*Containerized composts, maintained in a separate facility (pole barn away from home)
*Your units establish a route to pick up and remove solid wastes from the users of these composting toilets. Sort of like pumping out a septic system, which you then take back to the compost facility and add to existing containers.
*You position yourself as a resource by offering saw dust or other dry particulate sprinkle materials for use with the composting toilets (which would bring in "add on" sales, like pool suppliers do with pool maintenance kits!)
*Once the temperature in the containers drops, letting you know that all the material has been digested by the microbes, you find a way to heat it and kill off the microbes. (Sounds cruel, I know. Stay with me..)
*You can google this for yourself- what comes out of those compost bins is a SUPER-RICH HUMUS SOIL that can be used as fertilizer by flower growers, industrial nurseries, and such. Depending on how "Public Relation-y" you are, you could set your company (or your very profitable subsidiary!) up as the "Lean Green Poop Clean Company"! Ecologically minded (wealthy) customers would begin to consider you as the "go to guy" for all things compost-y and green! Which, in turn, would make you a very, very wealthy person!!!! Wealth is good!
Okay. I'll leave you alone now. It's just that I saw this and thought of how perfectly positioned you were to do a little research into this coming trend--and how, because of that positioning, you could add on to your existing business a subsidiary that could rake it in for you!!
Hope all is well for you and your'n.
Good luck with this, if you decide to pursue it. I couldn't leave it alone until I told you about it! lol
Jewels
P.S., Check out something called "Humanure" to see a lot of what I've talked about here. And check out what they're doing in Africa, Australia and India with the composting facilities and equipment to get a clearer picture of the direction we, as a country, might be heading in!

Last edited by JewelsnTools; 09-11-2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spelling.
Old 09-15-2016, 07:17 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Excellent advice Jewels........... albeit..........

Mackman is a raging HOMOSEXUAL......(so I've heard) He got married to take the pressure off. See below: