User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mndriver View Post
dude I was struggling to get 6.1 with my S60 up until last month.

CAC,Turbo boots, exh man, exh man gasket X2, overhead, 3 axle and 5 axle alignment later, I find my biggest culprit was in the end was a bad baro sensor.

Now I average 7.1-7.2
I can def deal with that. I just wish a Detroit can pull like a cat. I plan on switching lanes soon. Pretty much all flat ground. I've had incredible luck with my cat. If I can get a solid 6.5 I'd be happy. I'd prob gear it with 3.55s low pro 24.5 and a 13 speed.

Haha your making me think about a Detroit now.
Old 07-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Board Regular

Since I had my Detroit tuned, most cats that pass me are either empty or going down hill.

Its really a matter of learning how to drive the engine and making sure it's all dialed in together for a driveline for what you haul.

Detroit's will most always out do a cat for mileage though.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Yep, the green one and the purple one are gliders, everything farmed out, Weigle does nothing on his own, over $140 in each truck, they are finishing a blue one now, and still have one un built at the yard

The Detroits can be juiced up just like Cat, mileage WILL suffer, they are great engines, ALWAYS going and easy million, million.5 with out an overhaul.

I am familiar with the guy in Dover Ohio, name escapes me at the minute, also does some quality work, BUT doesent have financing, which Fitz has...........can be a big thing to some
Old 07-05-2014, 12:13 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Yep, the green one and the purple one are gliders, everything farmed out, Weigle does nothing on his own, over $140 in each truck, they are finishing a blue one now, and still have one un built at the yard

The Detroits can be juiced up just like Cat, mileage WILL suffer, they are great engines, ALWAYS going and easy million, million.5 with out an overhaul.

I am familiar with the guy in Dover Ohio, name escapes me at the minute, also does some quality work, BUT doesent have financing, which Fitz has...........can be a big thing to some
hover. thats who it is. went in there a while back just to check it out and my dad actually bought a spoiler off him. what i didn't like is that he insists on letting his trucks go with with 625hp the marine cam/injectors and special turbo. in my eyes (and i could be wrong) its not good for the longevity. however, his work is incredible. his shop has to be one of the cleanest places i've ever been. i hope soon enough to get out of the hell hole so maybe a cat is a bad choice?

as far as getting a tune.. its a very bad idea for me. lol i don't have the self-control. once i start with the turbo.. next will be a bigger one.. the injectors.. then bigger and bigger and bigger..

by the way maniac my dad saw you the other day in ct. he was trying to get you on the radio... then realized his 20+ year old radio finally bought the farm. he says hello and he'll run into you up that way when he's up there.
Old 07-09-2014, 06:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Yep, his radio needs some work.........LOL

I was probably talking on the phone..........plus I wouldn't expect to see him of all people up there.....
Old 07-10-2014, 03:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Lol he was up there quite a bit over the winter and spring. I finally went to bobs and got him a nice power tuned cobra and told him to let go of the past lol. I would have ran into you this morning but my trailer decided to have another brake fire yesterday.