User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 03:51 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copperhead View Post
I got the truck last August and had already hit low 8's early on. Until cold weather set in and the winter fuel stuff, I was consistently in the high 7 / low 8 average territory. And that was with less than 50,000 miles on the engine. When it warms up again, then should be able to hit 8 consistently. I never had the muffler under the body with side stacks. My stacks with mufflers run up the back of the sleeper. I took off the OEM mufflers before the truck went to work and replaced them with Walker Megaflows. Just me, but I HATE side stacks.

100% agree!!

I really wish they had a Coronado in stock with the rear stacks, they dont carry those. We could have ordered our glider that way but was like a 12 week lead time. I have only seen maybe 3 Coronado with the rear stacks, but loved it. I also think there is a slight MPG gain from rear.....less aerodynamic drag. Those side stacks have got to be grabbing wind. Hopefully our next one we can order and wait.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigJls1 View Post
100% agree!!

I really wish they had a Coronado in stock with the rear stacks, they dont carry those. We could have ordered our glider that way but was like a 12 week lead time. I have only seen maybe 3 Coronado with the rear stacks, but loved it. I also think there is a slight MPG gain from rear.....less aerodynamic drag. Those side stacks have got to be grabbing wind. Hopefully our next one we can order and wait.
Understand the lead time. I wasn't about to take a truck "off the shelf". I custom ordered mine from Freightliner made the way I wanted it, no fleet spec's in this truck. Custom signature interior, more gauges than the space shuttle (well not quite), every cabinet available with woodgrain trimmed doors (including wrap around sleeper airline cabinets), built in fridge, built in Webasto, installed in the battery box weatherproof inverter/charger, full lockers on both drive axles, 18 speed with 2.64 rears, hooked behind a Detroit S60 12.7 500 hp with ported/coated exhaust manifold, non waste gate turbo with a blanket, on and on. I started the order in February, the truck finally got a build in late July, and I took delivery the second week of August. I have been so fed up over the years with what OEM's and dealers seem to think I want or need in a truck, I finally went the order route. Even had the entire underside custom painted to look better than basic black and to increase the corrosion resistance. That was only a $285 cost from the factory.

Last edited by Copperhead; 01-12-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
At 62 in 16th I am at 1400. At 1500, I am running 66 in 16th. That is primarily the range I run with this. I wouldn't grab the next gear till I hit above 70. EGT's stay in the 600-700F range on normal running. Rarely get above 800F even on hard pulls. They have never touched 900F even when I got down to 1250 on a lug down. In this cold stuff, my mpg's have dropped a little. High 6's pulling heavy. When warm weather gets back, then should get those high 7's to low 8's I got late last summer. I run quite a few hilly, two lanes that most folks do not. They have some interesting grades with 20-25 mph corners at the bottom. I have gotten an itch a few times and ran in the 70-75 mph range. Took a little hit on mpg, but still got high 6's. Fun thing is when someone tries to play "speed up" games with you when you go to pass. One guy tried it one day, till we got above 75 and then I shifted into 17th. He gave it up at that point. Unlike the driver you spoke with, this truck has never been in the top gear since the day I bought it.
with those diff ratios and the speed u get ,it couldnt of been fully loaded since you got it either
Old 01-12-2013, 11:43 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Understand the lead time. I wasn't about to take a truck "off the shelf". I custom ordered mine from Freightliner made the way I wanted it, no fleet spec's in this truck. Custom signature interior, more gauges than the space shuttle (well not quite), every cabinet available with woodgrain trimmed doors (including wrap around sleeper airline cabinets), built in fridge, built in Webasto, installed in the battery box weatherproof inverter/charger, full lockers on both drive axles, 18 speed with 2.64 rears, hooked behind a Detroit S60 12.7 500 hp with ported/coated exhaust manifold, non waste gate turbo with a blanket, on and on. I started the order in February, the truck finally got a build in late July, and I took delivery the second week of August. I have been so fed up over the years with what OEM's and dealers seem to think I want or need in a truck, I finally went the order route. Even had the entire underside custom painted to look better than basic black and to increase the corrosion resistance. That was only a $285 cost from the factory.
Have you ever posted any pics of your new truck? I've been looking and can't find any, but it sounds very interesting, especially the interior.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:24 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchno1 View Post
with those diff ratios and the speed u get ,it couldnt of been fully loaded since you got it either
Not sure of your comment. Please elaborate. I know that it is fully loaded. Not sure of your definition.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Sorry, have to do this in multiple posts. Only will let me attach 5 pictures per post.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1197[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1198[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1200[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1201[/ATTACH]
Old 01-13-2013, 01:44 AM
Senior Board Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1202[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1203[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1204[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1205[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1206[/ATTACH]
Old 01-13-2013, 01:45 AM
Senior Board Member

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1209[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1208[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]1207[/ATTACH]
Old 01-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Senior Board Member

now thats a damn good looking columbia! just something about a columbia with dual exhaust..
Old 01-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
now thats a damn good looking columbia! just something about a columbia with dual exhaust..
Thank you. Yeah, it just cried out for dual exhaust.