LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird_1252 View Post
dalor what is your credit rating?
firebird, please give me a call at ; 414-421-8900 , extension 14 , Dave.

Thank you
Old 10-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Senior Board Member

enough said. thanks.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Rookie

There are over 16,000 brokers, Before deregualtion there were only 60 brokers that could broker regulated freight,,Check out the brokers credit,,I generally do not deal with brokers that have not been in business for at least 2 years, CH Robinson is probabily the cheapest broker. Almost all the big carriers have a broker department, To be successfull you should not put all your eggs in one basket,,spread out your risk,too many truck owners have gone out of business because they deal with one broker , When I started over 30 years ago I would not haul more freight from a broker once they owed me $5K or more, You might be able to stay in business if a broker went out of business and only owed you $5K or less,,if a broker owed you more and did not pay most of the time failure to pay would put you out of business, If good broker reaches the $5K credit limit you set and wants you to haul more freight tell him you want to be paid for money that is owed, REMEMBER WHEN YOU HAUL FREIGHT FOR A BROKER OR SHIPPER YOU ARE GIVING THEM CREDIT UNTILL YOU GET PAID, ,If a broker does not pay on time as agreed stop working with them. Look at it this way,you are loaning them your money to haul their freight!! Get it all in writing every time all the time and if there is a change after you contract the load get the broker to send you a revised rate confirmation before you go any further, do not take their word, good business practices means a good signed agreement, Best you learn a lot about contracts and contract law, each time you book a load and sign a load contract confirmation you are signing a binding contact. A contract is also only as good as the lawyer you can afford to enforce the agreement. There is a Federal Law that says that any party to a freight broker contract can ask the broker to show you all the paperwork for the brokered load. In other words the shipper or the truck can ask to see what the broker paid the carrier or the carrier can see what the shipper paid the broker. DO NOT HAUL DOUBLE BROKERED FREIGHT. There are good and bad on both sides,,Be a good carrier and only accept freight from a good broker.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Rookie

That's not enough said, unless you're just trying to start something negative. Why hide on the board instead of calling to discuss this?

No, we're not a top 100 corporate trucking company, we're one of the smaller logistics companies that still does a great job at competitive rates.

You're not implying anything about us, just making yourself look like a troll.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:03 PM
Rookie

Thank you for the post Pahrump, I'll do some checking on this. I see there are some services that can help determine and report this information. We've been in biz more than 2 years
Old 10-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Rookie

I am not saying never work with a new broker,,I am saying check them out,,I did say there are good and bad on both sides,,I know many brokers that will not do business with new start up carriers,,If you have been in trucking for a a while you know that there are many brokers even big ones that are NO GOOD! I have found that it is better to be safe than sorry!

My post was to give good sound business advise.

BTW I am not a troll,,been in business for 30 years, in 30 years I have only been taken for about $25K,,I usually $250-350,000 a year with one truck!! And most brokers I deal with pay in 5 days or less with no quick pay fees. You see I am one of the best and I generally only work with the best!!

Last edited by Pahrump; 10-16-2012 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:15 PM
Rookie

Pahrump, I really appreciate your posts! It was firebirds sny remark that I see as trollish.

I'm new to the industry, Dalor is not, just to clarify.

SAFER Web - Company Snapshot MC# = 147312 (you can see by the MC # we're not newbs as a company)
Old 10-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalor Logistics View Post
That's not enough said, unless you're just trying to start something negative. Why hide on the board instead of calling to discuss this?

No, we're not a top 100 corporate trucking company, we're one of the smaller logistics companies that still does a great job at competitive rates.

You're not implying anything about us, just making yourself look like a troll.
how am i being a troll? i base who i use as a broker off their credit rating. i do not think one person here would disagree with me here. maybe if you said we have a 95% credit rating you would have not only me but maybe another 30 people off this site joining. again, must be just me.. a idiot o/o or carrier whatever you call it.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:43 AM
Rookie

Quote:
enough said. thanks.
I see that as a sny remark. You could have been helpful or a wise guy at this point.

If you were truly interested, you would have just called.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
enough said. thanks.
This is one of those times when I actually agree with what a broker does! You asked what his credit rating was (You could have spent the dimes to run it based on his company name and posted it yourself if it were nasty), and he replied by giving you...and anyone else who chooses to call, his direct extension and his first name.

And that Pahrump.......Well....except for that big long paragraph....His advise is spot on! Unless you have done enough business with a broker long enough to have a good understanding of the financial foundation of that broker's company.....limiting your exposure is best. The same holds true with direct bill shippers.