User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
The mysterious lack of credit data I mentioned is for your carrier (BENEATH HIS WINGS LLC, MC-719238) and broker (BHW LOGISTICS INC, MC-735274). BENEATH HIS WINGS LLC filed its MCS-150 with a date of 06/13/2011 showing 18 trucks. It is hard to imagine how in a six month period a carrier with 8 owned and 10 term leased trucks wouldn’t generate a credit report with either Ansonia or RTS. Even fuel cards report credit info, which is how my company has a file with Ansonia with two accounts showing… both Fleet One and TCH, as do all other fuel cards I’m aware of, report monthly to the credit bureaus. It’s hard to imagine running 18 trucks without having fuel cards, but it would be possible. There are a lot of wannabe’s and pretenders in our industry. When I see something that is a red flag, I feel compelled to comment. When I see a company billing itself as an industry leader (per the BHW website) after being in business for less than a year, it troubles me. I’m big on honesty and small on deception. I know creative writing is to be expected, but really, “one of the leading freight transportation providers in the Southeast”? Really? The name of the company “Beneath His Wings” connotes Christian values, and then the opening sentence of BHW’s website is a bold-faced lie. I guess it takes different strokes to float each person’s boat, but I couldn’t sleep at night if I wrote that line. I will admit that the lies notwithstanding, the websites are very well written, and I applaud the skill of the author.

For me all this is academic because it’s not something I’d be interested in. I’m in no need of a dispatcher and I’m making much more than your example of 2k – 2,500 miles a week and $3,500 gross. I supposed for some your example might appeal to them. Eight to twelve percent of my gross sounds extravagantly high for a dispatching service, but I have seen other dispatching services quote similar fees. IMO anybody willing to give up 12% of his gross to a dispatcher needs his head examined. Of course I’m sure you will find plenty of takers. The factoring companies seem to do quite a brisk business and they charge around 36% APR (3% per 30 day period WITH recourse). I guess the best way to sum up my opinion of all this is to end with a paraphrase of the timeless quote by Thomas Tusser… one of P.T. Barnum’s favorites, I might add (just food for thought, since Barnum would’ve loved factoring and dispatch services)… “A fool and his money are soon parted.”
The example i gave is specifc for the Power Only stuff only. We have other carreirs that are running @ 4000 miles a week and some that do local work and are running @ 2000 miles a week. it depends on what the carrier wants.
You have to remeber, as a Dispatching service, we do what the carrier wants and work within the specs they set up. in your case, i assume your running better then 3500 miels a week and you already have a set shipper you are working with. that is great but few get that lucky. for them we are an OPTION, where we can set them up on good lanes, for good money doing what they want and where they won't be losing $300-$500 a load to a broker or sitting trying to find the next load, or having to call to make appointments. They are able to just worry about driving and getting to the next point.
No this is not for everyone, for some it can mean the difference between losing their truck or keeping it and having money in thier pocket, for others it might mean a way to grow their company without hiring personal in the office and spending more money there. For others it just doesn't work.
and if you have 5 or more trucks the rates are 2% less. So when you figure out what your losing to a broker, or what your paying for 1 office person, it just might work for you or it might not.
Old 02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftracker View Post
If I would provide you the trailer ? will you pay more?
For the PO stuff, we can't use your trailer, you have to pull theirs.

However i have other stuff avail that i can work with you on and set you up on a good lane where you want to run. whether you have a van, reefer or a flat,
Let me know what you have and where you would like to run and i can see what i can do.
or better yet email me directly and i can give you more details then i can type out here.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:03 PM
Senior Board Member

If you do this crane van deal, be very careful of what is "promised" and get everything in a rate confirmation. They will run you to the east coast for $2.25 pm or more then they cant find you a backhaul. So dispatch "promises" to pay you $500 - $700 to go back to Bolingbrook or Woodridge IL to get another load of elevators. They never pay the "promised" amount and you have no rate confirmation to prove it. Do that 2-3 times in a month and you will be hurting financially. These loads are not "no touch". You can make money doing this work, but you need to find your own loads back to Bolingbrook or other cities where they have specialized shippers needing these trailers. I worked for Worthington and their main competition hauling elevators. Get it in writing, dont move the truck based on "promises".
Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT View Post
If you do this crane van deal, be very careful of what is "promised" and get everything in a rate confirmation. They will run you to the east coast for $2.25 pm or more then they cant find you a backhaul. So dispatch "promises" to pay you $500 - $700 to go back to Bolingbrook or Woodridge IL to get another load of elevators. They never pay the "promised" amount and you have no rate confirmation to prove it. Do that 2-3 times in a month and you will be hurting financially. These loads are not "no touch". You can make money doing this work, but you need to find your own loads back to Bolingbrook or other cities where they have specialized shippers needing these trailers. I worked for Worthington and their main competition hauling elevators. Get it in writing, dont move the truck based on "promises".
I'm sorry that you did this and got screwed. This is NOT HOW WE WORK.
I GUARANTEE you will not get screwed, you will not have to Deadhead back, You will not ever move without a confirmation.
Because of who we are and how we work we have a lot more connections available to us for backhauls. We are not limited to just what the company can find. We have many options, so your truck will never have to run back empty, unless youwant to.
We will find you a backhaul every time. We will make sure that for every load you do you WILL have a confirm to bill from.
We work with Worthington, not for them. Therefor we have a LOT more options for you and we will get you loads.
If you want more info on how to do this right, email me, and i will be ahppy to send you info on who we are and how we work.
We not onlyhave this lane available, but several others. we have lanes for Reefers, Vans, Flats and Power Only.
we work for you , and we make sure you make money. We don't get paid unless you make money.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Senior Board Member

If you are interested in doing this type of work without another finger in the pie, let me know and I will introduce you to Chris and Dave directly. For the record, I didnt get screwed but I saw many that did. I have no bad feelings towards the Worthington Co. Its just business and I just warned you of 1 of the pitfalls. Also crane vans arent easy to backhaul due to some constraints.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT View Post
If you are interested in doing this type of work without another finger in the pie, let me know and I will introduce you to Chris and Dave directly. For the record, I didnt get screwed but I saw many that did. I have no bad feelings towards the Worthington Co. Its just business and I just warned you of 1 of the pitfalls. Also crane vans arent easy to backhaul due to some constraints.
We are not brokers. Yes we charge a fee for our services, but also a lot of our loads are direct from shippers, not brokers, so you are getting a better rate.
Look all i am saying is if you were to go with us, you would not have that pitfall to worry about. would not happen.
and we keep an eye out on the laods you get so you are making money ever week.
We only make money if you are. we don't take our fee off the top.
So it is in our best interest for several reasons, to make sure you are making money each and every week and not getting screwed every.

I also disagree with you on not being that easy to backhaul. i have heard of no real issues yet backhauling them.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:06 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman666 View Post
We are not brokers. Yes we charge a fee for our services, but also a lot of our loads are direct from shippers, not brokers, so you are getting a better rate.
Look all i am saying is if you were to go with us, you would not have that pitfall to worry about. would not happen.
and we keep an eye out on the laods you get so you are making money ever week.
We only make money if you are. we don't take our fee off the top.
So it is in our best interest for several reasons, to make sure you are making money each and every week and not getting screwed every.

I also disagree with you on not being that easy to backhaul. i have heard of no real issues yet backhauling them.
Wheelman, I had a fleet of crane trailers and I can tell that you are new to this. You will have issues backhauling them. I have backhauled them all over the US and Canada. Also you better keep up with what Worthton owes you for recruiting or you will get screwed on your commission also. You've been warned.
Old 01-18-2014, 05:43 PM
Rookie