User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

There is advertising on Craigslist in lots of states. They are crane vans. The Worthington seems to be the backer of this.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman666 View Post
No, we are a dispatching service, that works for the carrier. so you would have to sign on with us.

If you send me your email address I can forward more info
Double dip? once for you and once for the carrier?
Old 02-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Yes, a dispatching service, JM-POWERED LOGISTICS, LLC, (incorporated last month, I might add) that wants 8% - 12% of your gross to look at a load board and find you a load (per their advertisement in a neighboring post on CAD http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/o...tml#post508279 ).

They are also linked (same woman is a corporate officer for both) to a carrier, Beneath His Wings, LLC (USDOT 2054195 / MC 719238) that according to their website is a “division” of the broker, BHW Logistics (MC#735274). I’m confused by all of this because the broker filed for federal authority last year, the carrier filed for authority 9/30/2010 with 18 trucks and there is no credit data with either RTS or Ansonia. I only have one truck and I have two credit items that show up on my Ansonia report (both fuel cards). The only way you can tell that any business has been conducted at all is the carrier’s Driver OOS rate of 50%. According to their website, BHW Logistics is “Positioning ourselves as one of the leading freight transportation providers in the Southeast.” Anybody remember that “turbotransport” guy? Same shameless self-over-promtion.

Now these folks might be completely legit, but having seen too many posers in this industry over the years, I’d exercise a whole lot of caution about any company before I go and hitch my wagon to them.
Well you are some what correct, and some what way off.
Yes we incorporated in January as part of the restructing we just did, prior to that it was a simple DBA. Because of the growth it was incorporated. A common pratice.
The other post is also mine.
as far as the 8-10%, yes that is our fee, unless you have more than 5 trucks, then its 2% less.

HOWEVER - you are not paying for me to look at load boards. Unlike a lot of the other dispatching services out there Most of our carriers are getting loads straight from the shipper. in fact 80-90% of our loads are from a shipper, not from a broker, thats becasue we have contacts.

and think about it, as an Owner Op, how much time do you spend looking at the boards yourself, how many phone calls do you make to get a load, and what about faxing, that is costing you too. Or if you a small fleet and have someone in the office, what are you paying them every week, $400-$500 a week? PLUS Workers Comp, Disability, Medical, Sick/Vacation time, Electricity to run thie office, computers, paper, pens, Etc, so what does that add up to in a week?
We can even do a plan as low as 5% for certain circumstances. So when you add it all up, is it really that much to pay? to alreadyhave your next laod booked and setup for you before you even drop your current load?

There is an assocation to the other company and we will be able to offer lease on for those with out authority, but we can still run things through JMP. Is that confusing? It alows us to offer 1 more thing for you, the driver, the owner operator to help you make money. that is what it is all about, right?

Sicne JMP does not bill the shippers or handle any money, You bill the shipper directly, Credit is not needed. We only bill the carrier for the work we do. Its the shippers, or in some cases the broker, that the load is gotten from that needs the credit. So why would we show up on a report?

Before you condem us, perhaps you should do a little more homework on us. Unlike the other 100's of Dispatch Sevices out there, we do our best to keep our carriers off the boards and keep moving. We have limits and minimum rates that we will deal with. We only take on carriers with good rateing, so not everyone can hire us. we have lots of contacts out there because of our backgrounds and years in the industry. Myself I have over 25 years in trucking, from a driver to an owner and everyting in between.
And our agreement is "at will" so you can cancle whenever yo want, use us when ever you want. take 1 load a month or 5 loads a week, it totally up to you. And there is no set up fee.

Now if you would like to get more info and chat, I would be happy to. You can send me you email addy or if you prefer to stay public then post here.
I have nothing to hide and i will be happy to answer any questions.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:39 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
Double dip? once for you and once for the carrier?
I think i answered this in my other post - #13. if not feel free to ask
Old 02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon View Post
There is advertising on Craigslist in lots of states. They are crane vans. The Worthington seems to be the backer of this.
Your are correct. there are several postings and The Worthing Co is the backer. we are dealing directly with them as our contact
Old 02-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon View Post
You have to have your own authority?
In a couple of weeks we will be able to offer you a lease on option through our sister company.
I don't have a date yet since it was just announced Friday, but should be @ 2weeks.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Senior Board Member

That's sounds reasonable, and at least worth to check it out. Could you post an example of a typical work week, from either IL, or PA?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by solo379 View Post
That's sounds reasonable, and at least worth to check it out. Could you post an example of a typical work week, from either IL, or PA?
Well it changes based on the which customer wants what delivered where.
But i will try to give you an idea.

Monday - come into the yard from where ever you delivered. Load up and go - to Albany NY, Deliver Wednesday first thing. Reload in Newburgh NY headed to Youngstown OH, Del on Thursday and reload to Chicago. Del Fri and reload for Richmond VA to del Monday.

Another week might be like - Monday Chicago to Pittsburg to Del Tue and reload back to Chicago for Wednesday. Reload for Raleigh NC to Del Fri - Reload to get back to Chicago for Mon.

I can tell you this. The averages so far are 2000-2500 miles a week. Average pay $3500 week to the truck. Some guys are making as high as $4500, not typical but doable if you move.
Its not for eveyone. Some love it and some hate it. the only up front cost to you is the install of the extra pigtail to power the trailer.
We are also working with some shippers to setup backhauls that would be better then what you could find on any board.

does that help?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman666 View Post
Well you are some what correct, and some what way off.
Yes we incorporated in January as part of the restructing we just did, prior to that it was a simple DBA. Because of the growth it was incorporated. A common pratice.
The other post is also mine.
as far as the 8-10%, yes that is our fee, unless you have more than 5 trucks, then its 2% less.
The mysterious lack of credit data I mentioned is for your carrier (BENEATH HIS WINGS LLC, MC-719238) and broker (BHW LOGISTICS INC, MC-735274). BENEATH HIS WINGS LLC filed its MCS-150 with a date of 06/13/2011 showing 18 trucks. It is hard to imagine how in a six month period a carrier with 8 owned and 10 term leased trucks wouldn’t generate a credit report with either Ansonia or RTS. Even fuel cards report credit info, which is how my company has a file with Ansonia with two accounts showing… both Fleet One and TCH, as do all other fuel cards I’m aware of, report monthly to the credit bureaus. It’s hard to imagine running 18 trucks without having fuel cards, but it would be possible. There are a lot of wannabe’s and pretenders in our industry. When I see something that is a red flag, I feel compelled to comment. When I see a company billing itself as an industry leader (per the BHW website) after being in business for less than a year, it troubles me. I’m big on honesty and small on deception. I know creative writing is to be expected, but really, “one of the leading freight transportation providers in the Southeast”? Really? The name of the company “Beneath His Wings” connotes Christian values, and then the opening sentence of BHW’s website is a bold-faced lie. I guess it takes different strokes to float each person’s boat, but I couldn’t sleep at night if I wrote that line. I will admit that the lies notwithstanding, the websites are very well written, and I applaud the skill of the author.

For me all this is academic because it’s not something I’d be interested in. I’m in no need of a dispatcher and I’m making much more than your example of 2k – 2,500 miles a week and $3,500 gross. I supposed for some your example might appeal to them. Eight to twelve percent of my gross sounds extravagantly high for a dispatching service, but I have seen other dispatching services quote similar fees. IMO anybody willing to give up 12% of his gross to a dispatcher needs his head examined. Of course I’m sure you will find plenty of takers. The factoring companies seem to do quite a brisk business and they charge around 36% APR (3% per 30 day period WITH recourse). I guess the best way to sum up my opinion of all this is to end with a paraphrase of the timeless quote by Thomas Tusser… one of P.T. Barnum’s favorites, I might add (just food for thought, since Barnum would’ve loved factoring and dispatch services)… “A fool and his money are soon parted.”
Old 02-07-2012, 05:04 AM
Rookie

If I would provide you the trailer ? will you pay more?