User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2011, 02:23 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Like I said, I'm not here to debate healthcare reform. I'm just looking to see how O/O's are covering themselves.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Google for health insurance. Blue Cross gave me the best rates when I recently checked on rates. You can expect a high deductible in order to make it affordable. Check to see if you can find an independent insurance agent so that they can shop rates and coverage for you. I believe that OODIA still sells health insurance. Depending on your age, you may only need a major medical policy.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:31 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Google for health insurance. Blue Cross gave me the best rates when I recently checked on rates. You can expect a high deductible in order to make it affordable. Check to see if you can find an independent insurance agent so that they can shop rates and coverage for you. I believe that OODIA still sells health insurance. Depending on your age, you may only need a major medical policy.
There is a website called ehealthinsurance.com that makes it pretty quick and easy to compare plans.
Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
It is my understanding that the new health insurance bill eliminated the health savings accounts. Who knows what will happen when the dust settles. The bill was ruled unconstitutional by 2 state supreme courts, yet Obama is moving full throttle ahead as if nothing has changed.
There is no elimination of HSA's in ObamaCare. There is a few restrictions on some of the overcounter expenses that were allowed previously. True, Obama and company would like to eliminate HSA's, but that would have been just adding fuel to the fire that already is occuring with ObamaCare.