User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Gman, I agree with you 100%. No way will I load that thing for a $1pm. It not happening. Not this truck. My dispatcher knows that if I can't make a good profit off it, dont even call me. It a tuff way of doing business, but I not going to go broke while the company makes a killing off of me service.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy View Post
I know the game inside and out.
$1.25 per mile on a dry van? That's ridiculous! Why you guys even bother with equipment like that? I'll tell you what's wrong with the picture: you buy cheap equipment that everybody has (dry van trailer), and then you start looking for a client who'd like to use your undervalued/under-appreciated transport services. Instead of asking, "How much shall I charge?", I'd look what type of freight pays BEST, and then get equipment to move that expensive freight. Then instead of asking, you'll be SAYING to shippers, "The rate for the truck is ..." without explaining anything.

The same Landstar load board that SteelHorse complains about has a ton of freight paying over 3 bucks per mile. But you must have at least a flatbed, better stepdeck, and better still a RGN trailer.

C O R R E C T

Step 1: Find the type of freight that pays the top dollar
Step 2: Get equipment to haul this type of freight

W R O N G

Step 1. Get the cheapest trailer you can find
Step 2. Look for freight to fill the trailer (same type millions of trucking companies have!)
Old 11-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RostyC View Post
Welcome Back Geo! :thumbsup:
Thanks Rosty!! I check in now and then to catch up. Still live n kickn out here on the Left (and becoming ever more left....sigh) Coast