User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
It's a Canadian carrier. I'm not sure OOIDA would be that interested. Plus my former employer still owes me 3 grand (security deposit). I'll wait till I get it - then I can start some noise like going to prweb.com and sending out a free press release "Canadian trucker fired for making too much money" I still think "blogging" was just an excuse. One of their best paying customers prefers to load their stuff on roll-tight/conestoga stepdecks, and MacKinnon has only roll-tight flatbeds. I was the only roll-tight step. That high-roller shipper was probably asking them why they sent me over only once a month; so once MacKinnon got rid of me, they had something to tell that shipper: "Use our flatbeds! We have no steps any more." They were going broke with me around, since they could only keep 23% of whatever the $3/mi the load paid. But when they put that load on a company truck, the poor bastard will go 1,500 miles for 40 Cnd cents per mile, and MacKinnon would laugh their head off all the way to the bank.
remember, there watching this site. shhhhhhh!:smokin:
Old 08-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Senior Board Member

Seems to me you assume alot. The carrier is taking all the good loads, they want all the high paying freight for their own trucks, they are not treating their drivers fair, they charge too much for storage, blah blah blah. You were warned once before for posting rate and shipper info on your blog from the same company that later fired you for continuing to do so (even if in a more vague way). Seems to me they were within their right.

One thing I have found out about dispatchers and load planners, more often than not they are about moving the freight with the least amount of trouble and with the least amount of effort on their part, if your in the area you get the load. They don't sit around and see how they can screw you the most.

Old 08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
Senior Board Member

"You were warned once before for posting rate and shipper info..."

Ahhhh...yeah, that could be a problem.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries View Post
"You were warned once before for posting rate and shipper info..."

Ahhhh...yeah, that could be a problem.
They never told me anything about my blog. The one time I was called in they asked me to stop shooting YouTube movies with a HANDHELD CAMERA while trucking. I complied immediately. And I don't "assume too much". I worked at the place for over 3 years. I know what the %$#@ I'm talking about.

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 08-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer View Post
They never told me anything about my blog. The one time I was called in they asked me to stop shooting YouTube movies with a HANDHELD CAMERA while trucking. I complied immediately. And I don't "assume too much". I worked at the place for over 3 years. I know what the %$#@ I'm talking about.
That isn't the way I remember you telling it, but whatever. I would disagree with the assuming part.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:58 PM
Senior Board Member

From your blog Nov. 17,2009

Quote:
So, the new Rule #1 is no more road trip videos (sorry, YouTube). Rule #2 is not to talk about the company freight in too much detail or reveal the names of our customers as this might put my employer relationship with shippers into jeopardy. So, guys ... don't ask me what I'm hauling or "where are you right now?" I'm going to run a semi-secret trucking operation from now on

I signed a paper at the end of the meeting, so now I have to take a break and regroup and see what else I can write about in my limited free time besides trucking and freight and shippers There should be something else, right? When you work from 7 am to 7 pm, it can be hard to see at first what it is but I"m sure I'll be able to find new topics in no time.
Yep, they sure seem justified to me.

Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 AM
Senior Board Member

I deleted my blog today from blogger.com. You never know what a guy like mike3fan could find in the archives But I still think blogging shouldn't be a reason to fire someone who's had an almost perfect safety record. A Jim Park called me today to talk about this ... I asked him not to use any names, but he's going to talk about "dangers of blogging" in his next radio show on XM.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:38 AM

Damn it man, I that you took it down. your blog was one of my daily reads. Hopefully you get on with a carrieier that doesnt mind you discussing your own personal finances and travel stories. Even with Mackinnon and their strange ways you always seemed to portray them in a pretty positive light. The whole situation sucks and now i have one less thing to read.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Senior Board Member

I just went to look and it was down. I was hoping it was a technical error. I read it daily too. Hopefully, your new company will let you have one even if it's very plain.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Senior Board Member

I heard Jim Park talking about you on Dave Nemo with Truckin' Tim. Dave was off today.