User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2009, 10:43 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I’m going to assume that you meant the fee shouldn’t be more than 1%, not .01% because that’d be 20 cents on $2k.

Thanks again for the info.
Not that it matters but that is the correct way to display in accounting.
Old 12-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
Yet more mis-information as Oregon does not have a fuel tax..... :roll:

A lot of erroneous information on this subject from individuals who do NOT have a Oregon base plated fleet and corporation..... :roll:

It is still a road use tax, no matter what you want to call it. It costs more to run Oregon than other states due to their tax. You don't pay it at the pump but you still pay the tax. In other words, you pay more tax per mile than other states due to the way Oregon calculates their taxes. You can call it a weight distance tax, road tax or fuel tax, it is still a tax. I always seem to pay more IFTA taxes at the end of the quarter when I run Oregon a lot during that quarter.

Oregon sells a lot of fuel to those who don't realize that they are actually paying more to run their trucks and a higher price for fuel than if they bought it in another state such as Washington or California. Taking the tax off at the pump makes some think that Oregon has cheaper fuel, when in reality they have much higher fuel due to the way that you pay fuel taxes. If you purchase fuel in Oregon and go to another state you will still have to pay the tax in the other state. You don't receive any fuel tax credit from Oregon because you don't pay fuel tax at the pump. I hope that clears up any confusion you had about how the tax works in Oregon, Big Diesel.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I hope that clears up any confusion you had about how the tax works in Oregon, Big Diesel.
Thanks, your business success and acumen is soooo valuable !!!

Let me pass along a tidbit of helpful advice to you Gman, In order to keep your Authority active and not involutarily revoked, you need to keep the insurance required by the FMCSA up to date and paid. By doing this would help with your credibility. Merry Christmas !!
Old 12-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Board Member

But Big D we all Know that anyone that Argues with the all Know all Pwoerful GMAN will be disgraced. IIRC from what that one guy showed that his own authrity has been revocked more than it has been in force. what 7 out of 10 years GMAN.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
Thanks, your business success and acumen is soooo valuable !!!

I am glad to be of help, Big Diesel.

Let me pass along a tidbit of helpful advice to you Gman, In order to keep your Authority active and not involutarily revoked, you need to keep the insurance required by the FMCSA up to date and paid. By doing this would help with your credibility. Merry Christmas !!
That is good to remember. I am always open to good advice. Oh, I am not worried about my credibility. When you tell the truth you don't need to worry about what you have said. By the way, since you have been so interested in my business I did a little checking of my own. Apparently, your company doesn't exist according to the FMCSA, unless of course, you have been using an alias. Merry Christmas.
Old 12-26-2009, 02:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 View Post
But Big D we all Know that anyone that Argues with the all Know all Pwoerful GMAN will be disgraced. IIRC from what that one guy showed that his own authrity has been revocked more than it has been in force. what 7 out of 10 years GMAN.

I can see you are a product of our fine public education system, ironeagle. Apparently you missed the spelling and math portions of your education. I don't have time to assist you with your math but please feel free to use our spell check. It makes it easier to understand your insults.
Old 12-26-2009, 07:07 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Omg

Has it really come to this? Has a discussion about some of the more subtle quirks of the Oregon Motor Carrier Transportation Division descended into personal attacks initiated by two of CAD’s more respected posters? Guys, you’re killing me.

My remark about GMAN being the Great and Powerful Oz was actually a bit of a compliment and not a dig at all. In my not so humble opinion, both BigD and GMAN have made valuable contributions to CAD with their combined 14k plus postings over the last years. I admit to not knowing everything about trucking, but I’m no idiot and neither is BigD nor is GMAN. Yes, GMAN sometimes has a penchant to state what may be to some of us the obvious, but I sometimes do the same to help out those who may be less informed and yet still trying to following a thread. I’ve always looked at CAD as one of the best educational trucking forums around… and long as you can wade through the inevitable BS.

GMAN… BigD… quite frankly, I know very little about either of you in “real life”, but from sitting back and reading this board over the years, I’ve been able to discern that both of you have at minimum a decent idea of what it takes to be successful in this industry. I neither know, nor do I care about who has had his authority suspended or for what reason… I’m sure it could happen to me someday if I made some oversight. I really don’t care about who may or may not actually have his or her own authority. I do care about what each poster has to contribute here. Over the years I’ve learned a lot from many members of CAD and I hope that others can say the same about me, although I generally keep my posting to a minimum. In the past, both of you have posted things that I have disagreed with; both have posted things I do agree with, and occasionally, I learn something valuable and new from each.

I’ve never been known as a butt kisser, so please don’t mistake my intentions here; but I hate to see two of CAD’s more informed and more respected members snipe at each other. That’s the sort of stuff that drives people off a board and the more participants we have, generally the better our little community will be.

Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, or Quansa or whatever to all and a happy and prosperous new year.
Old 12-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You are correct, Musicman. I usually don't respond to personal attacks. It does show a lack of maturity and does tend to drive members away. I apologize for responding. I usually don't respond to personal attacks. I should have done the same thing this time.
Old 12-26-2009, 08:00 PM
Senior Board Member

hmmm....

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 12-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Has it really come to this? Has a discussion about some of the more subtle quirks of the Oregon Motor Carrier Transportation Division descended into personal attacks initiated by two of CAD’s more respected posters?

Respected by who? You mean two of CAD's biggest clowns?

My remark about GMAN being the Great and Powerful Oz was actually a bit of a compliment and not a dig at all. In my not so humble opinion, both BigD and GMAN have made valuable contributions to CAD with their combined 14k plus postings over the last years.

All 14K + postings proves to me is that neither of these guys have lives. I don't see how you can post here as often as they do & still have time to get any trucking done, I'm convinced they are both frauds. At least we knew Steve Booth was a real (hobby) trucker, He posted the pictures to prove it.

GMAN… BigD… quite frankly, I know very little about either of you in “real life”, but from sitting back and reading this board over the years, I’ve been able to discern that both of you have at minimum a decent idea of what it takes to be successful in this industry. ROFLMAO

I’ve never been known as a butt kisser, so please don’t mistake my intentions here; but I hate to see two of CAD’s more informed and more respected members snipe at each other. That’s the sort of stuff that drives people off a board and the more participants we have, generally the better our little community will be.

What drives me away from a board is sanctimonious idiots, which now that Vassago is gone, leaves us with these two (and a couple of others)
abc123

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"