User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

We use a few United Van Lines agents in the NJ area to handle things like that when we have to go into imposible areas. On Friday I have to set my show tour items off for what we call "auxillary service" because the hall I'm going to isn't tractor trailer accessible. If you need a few places/names, PM me for that. Kitche cabinets aren't a problem at all.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Senior Board Member

if you are in a refer delivering food your all good. anything else SOL. not sure about van lines though.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:08 AM

When parked, pull your mirrors in! Damn garbage trucks are gonna come thru, regardless of what is sticking out! Everyone has to drive Manhatten at least once, who knows, you might like it?

Ontario, Canada
Old 07-31-2009, 03:24 PM

I just made a delivery to 45th and broadway.

Check out the pics at:

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/o...fo-help-2.html
Old 08-11-2009, 01:17 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrissel View Post
I just made a delivery to 45th and broadway.

Check out the pics at:

http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/o...fo-help-2.html
Boy you got it going on, i tell you what...

Believe it or nor, i have had loads paying about 3$ per mile out of Chicago to go all in and I just didnt have balls for it. I have ran STATEN ISLAND residential area ONCE. I delivered some junk to a house that was owned by a friend of a friend.....***** my pants 3 times just about....
Old 08-11-2009, 02:18 AM
Board Regular

Not picking on anyone here (in particular), point of information; Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island & Manhattan - are all BOROUGHS - the 5 of which comprise NEW YORK CITY. It's ALL NYC.

And most of us shudder at the thought of running it...

I'd run most of the areas in Queens that I grew up in - and most of Long Island - but Brooklyn, The Bronx and Manhattan - fughetaboutit...

Rick
Old 08-11-2009, 10:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobytob View Post
...his tail crushed a car that was sitting on the corner in front of the building I was delivering too.... Across the street on the corner, saw the whole thing. When she came over, all she could do was laugh. She said he knows he can't park there.
This is not unusual. In NYC (NOT the rest of NY State, as I have learned the hard way), if a car is parked in a "No Parking" zone and you crush it, the cops don't care. In fact, they may go write a parking ticket to the illegally parked and crushed car. I have a few stories similar to the above, except I intentionally hit the cars. They were parked on a corner and I not only needed to, but had no choice but to make a turn at the same corner.

First time it happened, I called the cops and told them I needed the car towed because I couldn't make my turn. Their response was that unless I hit the car, they couldn't come out and tow it. When I asked for clarification, the response was, "You're not from around here, are you? Didn't you hear what I just said? If you don't hit it we can’t tow it?!?" and then I got hung up on. So I go run over a Porsche and then call the cops again to report that I hit the car. Eventually a cop shows up and wants to know why in the hell I’m impeding traffic. I try to explain what the deal is, and the cop starts writing a ticket and says, “This guy’s having one hell of a bad day. Not only is his car redecorated, but now he’s getting a parking ticket… you’re holding up traffic… get outta here.”

That was the last time I worried about illegally parked cars in NYC. I DO want to stress that this does NOT apply to the rest of NY, or “Upstate” as they call it.

Speaking of NYC, has anybody noticed that the bastards raised all the freaking bridge tolls? Just got outta there a few days ago… GW is now $40, Whitestone is $30, and the Verrazano is $60 freaking dollars. I don’t know what Goethals is up to. Spent $179 getting in and back out to PA. Gotta love NYC.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:16 AM
Senior Board Member

how much does it pay? read the link that avguy posted, it will tell you that 3rd and 4th ave's are local routes. i did street view, and 3rd and butler is w i d e and an industrial area to boot, so i don't understand his hesitation, especially if it pays a premium.

does he tailgate it, and they take it in? or does he have to inside deliver it? that would be the deciding factor for me.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:22 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

I am in NYC with my wife right now taking care of some buisiness, i cross GW twice a day going north to pick her up and in my car a pay 8 dollars to cross it. Drove into the city last night via lincoln tunnel and it 8 dollars as well. I thought that the price might seem little high for a 4 wheeler but i didnt know that they have actualy raised it...Last time I crossed it with my truck i payed 30$ on GWB....THat was high but now its 40...MAN..