User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2008, 11:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I believe the Flying J in Cour d' lene, Idaho is a franchise and accepts Comdata as do several in Washington and a couple of other areas. It has been a while since I have run much in those areas, but I seem to recall that they did accept the Comdata cards. As far as I know none of the corporate stores accept Comdata.

As far as ownership by the Arabs, someone noted it on one of the forums and had a link to the article. I can't seem to find it now, so I don't know if it is true or not. Perhaps someone knows one way or another.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
As far as ownership by the Arabs, someone noted it on one of the forums and had a link to the article. I can't seem to find it now, so I don't know if it is true or not. Perhaps someone knows one way or another.
GMAN, I’m agreeing with you in that I heard the same thing, I think it may have been in 2002; but I cannot remember exactly how I heard it or where I read it. I do know that I can usually find out just about anything on-line, and after spending a little time searching the ‘net I have come up with pretty much nada. I’ve found where J Adams is shown as a large stockholder and president. A 2007 article in Forbes lists J Phillip Adams as CEO and Scott D Clayson as CFO. In a more recent 2008 Forbes article Robert L Inkley is listed as CFO. Coachmen Industries’ website shows William P. Johnson, who is their chairman of the board as also being chairman of the board and CEO of Flying J. It goes on and on like this on other websites. You come up with all kinds of names for board positions over the last few years. None of them have Middle Eastern sounding names and most of them look like old white guys to me. Of course with a private company like Flying J, you never know who is in bed with whom, financially speaking that is. Some Saudi company could’ve plowed a pile of money into the company and it could be very hard to find out about it.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I did read where Conoco owns a big chunk of Flying J. I think they have some joint ventures with the c-stores and fuel. Unless privately held companies want to make their investors public it is difficult to find out who exactly own them. The title of the individuals matters little because they may not have any ownership in the company.
Old 12-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I did read where Conoco owns a big chunk of Flying J. I think they have some joint ventures with the c-stores and fuel. Unless privately held companies want to make their investors public it is difficult to find out who exactly own them. The title of the individuals matters little because they may not have any ownership in the company.
Here is a link from the ConocoPhillips website, United States - Marketing

This is on that page,

Quote:
Retail Marketing
ConocoPhillips owns and operates approximately 330 retail outlets under the Phillips 66®, Conoco® and 76® brands. The company-operated retail outlets are focused in 10 states, mainly in the Mid-Continent, Rocky Mountains and West Coast regions. Retail fuel volumes for 2007 were approximately 15 MMBBL.

Additionally, CFJ Properties, the company’s 50/50 joint venture with Flying J, owns and operates 110 truck travel plazas that carry Conoco®, Flying J or both brands.

In December 2006, ConocoPhillips announced its intention to divest its U.S. company-owned and company-operated retail outlets and its U.S. company-owned and dealer-operated retail outlets to new or existing wholesale marketers. ConocoPhillips sold 54 sites during 2007, and 766 company- and dealer-operated sites were classified as held for sale at Dec. 31, 2007. ConocoPhillips expects to complete disposition of most of its U.S. retail assets in 2008.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:23 AM

MultiService is accepted at Flying Js.
Old 12-30-2008, 03:57 PM
Senior Board Member

I saw The Flyin' Hooks troubles coming. Word has it that Rosie O'Donald, Martha Stewart, Kristie Allie, and "Mimi" from the old "Drew Carey Show", started hitting their lunch Buffet on a regular basis !!

Last edited by Useless; 12-30-2008 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless View Post
I saw The Flyin' Hooks troubles coming. Word has it that Rosie O'Donald, Martha Stewart, Kristie Allie, and "Mimi" from the old "Drew Carey Show", started hitting their lunch Buffet on a regular basis !!

You forgot Sally Struthers
Old 01-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I believe the Flying J in Cour d' lene, Idaho is a franchise and accepts Comdata as do several in Washington and a couple of other areas. It has been a while since I have run much in those areas, but I seem to recall that they did accept the Comdata cards. As far as I know none of the corporate stores accept Comdata.

Yes they do, they are a frachise of flying j i think, you'll notice they say boardwalk flying j on the signs
Old 01-02-2009, 10:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDiesel View Post
Broadway..... also in Spokane, WA and Post Falls, ID not CDA.
As are all the J's in western Montana, Broadway's.