User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneebone View Post
Frankly, I don't buy into the BS garbage of Turbo 3000, Lucas Oil, etc, etc, sounds like another snakeoil scam, but to each their own.
I like the Turbo 3000D, and it made an improvement on 2 of my tractors

LUCAS OIL IS AWESOME!!! Not only is it in my trucks but we also run it in the 2 cars we race and it helps greatly with viscosity break-down. My oil pressure holds up longer on 1 change than with-out.... but to each their own.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212 View Post
Bad choice IMHO..... I have had the same set of M726EL 22.5LP tires on my truck for over 500,000 miles and not a single problem, and they are still at 5/32 on the tread. For the cost of NOT having to buy new tires for 4 years, i say they are WELL WORTH THE MONEY!!!!

Let me guess, your going to put all steer tires on your truck then like he suggests?

Have fun in the winter, or even 1/4" of wet pavement.... I think saftley is worth the .1mpg at best!

As for the 3000D, I have it on all 3 of my tractors and it made a .5mpg difference on 2 of them over the corse of 2 years now, the Pete didnt show any difference but with 700 ponies under the hood, not much will, so i just pull the high$$$$ freight to make up for it
I appreciate your comments about the Turbo 3000. I'm not a fan of the company, but I am a fan of what works. Kevin isn't a scoundrel like that. I guess the proof be in performance. I really do believe I'm idling a little smoother and my first fill up after having it installed beat my average- I'll keep checking.

Have you tried steers on the drives? I'd be looking for something more like .5mpg increase. Run those numbers through the program and then tell me they wouldn't be worth it. But, like I said, I didn't want to pay the changeover cost so I'm taking my Bridgestones at least through the winter.

You're not going to like my post on that other thread.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Senior Board Member

I was given one of these, so I figured I had nothing to lose by putting it on my '03 C15. I noticed absolutely no change whatsoever in fuel economy or power or smoothing out of the engine. I did talk to Andy, the owner of Turbo 3000D for about an hour on the phone. Either he truly believes in his product or he is one hell of a con man. He seemed to be a really nice guy, but either way, I saw no improvement in any way with this product, and I'm glad I had no money invested in it.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
I appreciate your comments about the Turbo 3000. I'm not a fan of the company, but I am a fan of what works. Kevin isn't a scoundrel like that. I guess the proof be in performance. I really do believe I'm idling a little smoother and my first fill up after having it installed beat my average- I'll keep checking.

Have you tried steers on the drives? I'd be looking for something more like .5mpg increase. Run those numbers through the program and then tell me they wouldn't be worth it. But, like I said, I didn't want to pay the changeover cost so I'm taking my Bridgestones at least through the winter.

You're not going to like my post on that other thread.
I just dont see the point in putting saftey aside for 1/2mpg..... good luck trying to get up Loveland Pass or down any midwest road in december.....

Here's a thought, maybe get an extra set of rims as well? Mount some steers on them and run them in the summer, and the lugs in the winter?

Honestly, with steers in the drive position, i dont see how you will even be able to drive thru a muddy lot, let alone the rain, but best of luck to ya..... I have had steers on the drives and could not get the rig backed out of my paved driveway with 2 inches of snow on it!!!

I hope you the best, and I dont take ANY posts to heart. It's just a forum and your expressing your views and opinions, which are like assholes, everyone has one..... I just seem to meet alot of them and they are truckers LOL!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I was given one of these, so I figured I had nothing to lose by putting it on my '03 C15. I noticed absolutely no change whatsoever in fuel economy or power or smoothing out of the engine. I did talk to Andy, the owner of Turbo 3000D for about an hour on the phone. Either he truly believes in his product or he is one hell of a con man. He seemed to be a really nice guy, but either way, I saw no improvement in any way with this product, and I'm glad I had no money invested in it.
Excellent contribution, Musicman. I just want the truth, no matter where it leaves me. If I end up having them take it off...if I misjudged Kevin...oh, I've made much bigger mistakes in my life.

There is one more possibility, too. Theoretically at least, it could do something for one truck or one type of engine and not another. Kevin said they were looking at a DD15 or whatever it was and they saw it wouldn't work on that engine. I'm sure they claim it works on your Cat, but what I'm not sure is that some O/Os aren't seeing actual improvement.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrange View Post
Excellent contribution, Musicman. I just want the truth, no matter where it leaves me. If I end up having them take it off...if I misjudged Kevin...oh, I've made much bigger mistakes in my life.

There is one more possibility, too. Theoretically at least, it could do something for one truck or one type of engine and not another. Kevin said they were looking at a DD15 or whatever it was and they saw it wouldn't work on that engine. I'm sure they claim it works on your Cat, but what I'm not sure is that some O/Os aren't seeing actual improvement.
You also have to remember that MPG is based 60% on the driver of the truck........ I average about 7.1mpg in a 700HP C15 Kitty.... I just know how to drive it, unless it's a OD load, then you can count on .5-1.5mpg at best :cry:
Old 11-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212 View Post
I like the Turbo 3000D, and it made an improvement on 2 of my tractors
If it did what it claimed, then you would see an improvement on every vehicle it is installed on.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
If it did what it claimed, then you would see an improvement on every vehicle it is installed on.
Meaning what? Meaning they are claiming a 100% success rate or meaning that it couldn't fail if 'the theory' is correct?

If it is hit and miss, having one of the trucks on which it misses would be a drag. But, if it works on others, that's money. If it improves some trucks somewhat there is still a lot of legitimacy to it. I realize that's a big 'if'.
Old 11-02-2008, 12:38 AM
Board Regular
Exclamation

Lowrange...if you seriously are going to mount steer tires on your drives during the winter, please honor the following request.

I am in CFI truck #20370. PLEASE stay the HELL away from ME!!!!!!

Thanks!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB985 View Post
Lowrange...if you seriously are going to mount steer tires on your drives during the winter, please honor the following request.

I am in CFI truck #20370. PLEASE stay the HELL away from ME!!!!!!

Thanks!
What did you say? Are you the one who has been at this for a whole year? Did you have the impression that that particular bolt of lightening struck me first? :moon: