User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Congratulations on your purchase, rgordon. I hope you have as good service out of yours as I have out of mine. I have over 900,000 miles and still trucking. I have had to spend a little money along the way, but it is still cheaper than making payments. It is still strong.
Yes, I pulled oversized wind-generator blades all summer from Houston to NW Indiana. I made enough to pay off my pete (in avatar) and buy this truck which I am looking to lease onto a van company till April, when I can start pulling blades again..... the good MPG makes it all worth while!!
Old 10-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgordon212
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Congratulations on your purchase, rgordon. I hope you have as good service out of yours as I have out of mine. I have over 900,000 miles and still trucking. I have had to spend a little money along the way, but it is still cheaper than making payments. It is still strong.
Yes, I pulled oversized wind-generator blades all summer from Houston to NW Indiana. I made enough to pay off my pete (in avatar) and buy this truck which I am looking to lease onto a van company till April, when I can start pulling blades again..... the good MPG makes it all worth while!!
So which truck gets the good mpg's...the pete or the new one?

Let's talk wind turbine blades....are they power only moves?
Old 10-01-2008, 04:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enobeenob
Go with KW, they hold their value better and are not as cheaply made on the inside.

A Inter-trashional is a poor man's Freightshaker.
If you buy a truck only for the so-called "resale" value, then you will get screwed in the long run. Buying a truck is finding the best value for the money and best return on investment. Resale value is relative at best, what will the market be like when you resell? Will there even be any buyers? How long do you plan on running the truck? (best ROI is if you run the truck well beyond 1 million miles)

International being a "poor man's Freightliner"? Have you ever driven many Internationals? I used Internationals in over 6 years of driving year round in Alaska. The Freightliners didn't even come close to endurance and quality in that environment. I will put up my 2006 Internationnal 9400i against all but the best spec'd out Freightliners. I have been in a lot of Freightliners over the years from FLD, Century, and Columbias. No contest. My 9400 wins hands down. Quieter, smoother riding, easier to work on, etc. I have gotten some of the best fuel mileage numbers out of Internationals. I know that there are many factors involved, but none the less, the numbers are there. I am presently averaging approx 7.2 mpg out of my 9400i, ISX, 13 spd, 3.42 rears.

But... I like that so many view the Internationals in a negative light. It makes the costs stay down so that I can continue to buy a good quality truck at a relatively good price and get the best return on investment. So, lets here it everyone! Internationals suck rocks and are trash trucks meant for O/O wannabes! Who would want a 13 letter manure spreader?
Old 10-04-2008, 05:58 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
in your opinion of course,and that premium you pay will also be there for you when you go to get rid of it.

Paccar has tried to sell that idea for many years, and to a great success. I don't have a problem with KW. I like them. The problem I have with them is that they are over priced. I have looked at original purchase price and resale and you do get more on the selling end, but you pay a hefty price when you buy it in the beginning. I just don't think the resale price warrants what you have to pay initially. Some people don't seem to mind paying the higher price. I am sure Paccar loves you for that. I am just not much caught up in specific brands. I have my preferences, but I look more toward value. I see more value in something such as International where you can get into the brand for less money than KW and have more room. I am talking about the T600. The sleepers are pretty much identical with the T600 and W900. The prosleeper is much better laid out than the aerodyne. It has much more usable space.