User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 12:12 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 9400i vs T600

Looking at a couple trucks, one a 2005 Intl 9400i 450hp isx 10spd mid 3s in miles priced at $39,000. The other a 2006 T600 c15 13 spd 414000 miles, priced @ 56,000. Just wondering what anyone's opinion or experience with either. I spent 8yrs working for a company that used the Intl product. Found that truck @ Charlotte Intl UTC. It seemed that their prices were less than any competing dealer. The salesman said they were going to price the trucks lower because they aren't moving them. Of course credit is also tightening up so it will that much more difficult to move them. My business partner owns a 2005 T600 that he paid around 48,000 for with a little over 500,000 miles on it. It is okay, but it seems as though the parts at the dealer are much more expensive for the KW then other brands, maybe, maybe not.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:41 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Personally, I think both trucks are over priced for today's market. Either truck should work well for you. I have had good service out of both models. Actually, I have a 9400 rather than a 9400i. But I do also have a T600. Both are good trucks. I would look around for a better deal. I usually come out better at International for dealer parts. KW is usually higher on most parts. By the way, you can often buy parts for one truck brand at another truck dealer. Some parts are proprietary, but many are not.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Senior Board Member

From a fuel mileage standpoint and MY personal preference.....I like the ISX engine better. We got alot better MPG and overall service out of our ISX.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: 9400i vs T600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumman
Looking at a couple trucks, one a 2005 Intl 9400i 450hp isx 10spd mid 3s in miles priced at $39,000. The other a 2006 T600 c15 13 spd 414000 miles, priced @ 56,000. Just wondering what anyone's opinion or experience with either. I spent 8yrs working for a company that used the Intl product. Found that truck @ Charlotte Intl UTC. It seemed that their prices were less than any competing dealer. The salesman said they were going to price the trucks lower because they aren't moving them. Of course credit is also tightening up so it will that much more difficult to move them. My business partner owns a 2005 T600 that he paid around 48,000 for with a little over 500,000 miles on it. It is okay, but it seems as though the parts at the dealer are much more expensive for the KW then other brands, maybe, maybe not.
I own a 2004 International 9400 with 300,000 miles and a 475 hp Cat C15. When I decided to sell it this summer, I couldn't find any buyers So, I've made up my mind to keep the truck and just make it better (just bought a roof deflector). What I'm trying to say is this: there's nothing wrong with International trucks but because many people don't like them, it's easy to find a great deal. If you go with an International, you'll save money.

Watch my YouTube videos
Old 09-25-2008, 09:33 PM

Go with KW, they hold their value better and are not as cheaply made on the inside.

A Inter-trashional is a poor man's Freightshaker.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You can get more bang for your money with International. They have more room in the sleeper (pro sleeper) and are better laid out than the KW. Fuel mileage will likely be a little better with the KW, but you will also pay a hefty premium for the KW name.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:25 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
and are better laid out than the KW, but you will also pay a hefty premium for the KW name.
in your opinion of course,and that premium you pay will also be there for you when you go to get rid of it.

Old 09-26-2008, 03:23 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't think the resale is that much better on any truck these days. I like the T600 but I don't think they are worth the prices I have been seeing lately. It may be worth more than the International but you will also pay more for it initially. Most of the T600's I have looked at lately are selling from about $45-54,000. I can buy a comparably equipped International 9400i for around $25-35,000. Essentially, I could buy 2 Internationals for the price of one of the T600's and have double the income for the same money. I think both have their advantages and disadvantages. For instance, the bunk seems to be a little wider in my T600 than the 9400. I think you just need to look at both and decide which one you prefer.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:46 AM

I JUST (as in today) purchased a 2005 9400i w/C15 and 383K miles... the truck is mint with brand new virgin tires all around, 10alum wheels, autoshift (1st one, we will see if I like it) and I picked it up for $29K cash and carry. I had is scanned at the local CAT dealer and it's lifetime MPG is 7.1 on a twin-turbo kitty? That beats the heel out of the 5.2 I was getting in the FLD and 4.5 in the Pete... this truck will make it's own payment for me, so I am very happy. As far as resale, I usually drive them till they wont go no more and cost for repair is more than its worth and I just sell them cheap to a local farmer or such. I like it so far, but I will see how long that lasts.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:55 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Congratulations on your purchase, rgordon. I hope you have as good service out of yours as I have out of mine. I have over 900,000 miles and still trucking. I have had to spend a little money along the way, but it is still cheaper than making payments. It is still strong.