User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
I'm not sure Mackman understands the need for a transfer truck.

12 miles up a single track, switchback logging road. Try backing up for 12 miles. Quickly.
Delivering 20 yards of asphalt into a location where your tri-axle trailer could not do so. Think someone's new 10 foot wide driveway from the street to their house. No room for off tracking of a trailer.

Anywhere a 10 wheel dump truck can go, you can take a transfer and deliver twice as much material.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitshifter
Mackman was referring to a triaxle straight dump truck.
Then I stand corrected, although California does not allow more than a 3 axle power vehicle. So, tri axles are not an option there.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Rookie

I appreciate all of the feedback, but its one of those things where I can say I atleast tried it. Some folk don't even get that far from the fear of failing. If it works - it works, if it don't - it don't. I would still have a 10 wheeler to run around 8).

Mackman - I know all about triaxles, I driven one for the last 4 years, before that I've driven a roll-off truck for few years. Have you ever seen the riverside rolloff company out of jersey pulling a pup behind their roll-off's? What about the martin limestone trucks pulling a pup? Theres even a guy with a septic truck out in elverson that pull a tanker pup. It may not be the "norm" around here, but I don't like being "normal" at times. AND I ain't buying no mack!

Splitshifter - I heard what floored said, but If I went by what one person said in their experience, I would be like a hermit crab and never do anything.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:00 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherman
Mackman - I know all about triaxles, I driven one for the last 4 years, before that I've driven a roll-off truck for few years. Have you ever seen the riverside rolloff company out of jersey pulling a pup behind their roll-off's? What about the martin limestone trucks pulling a pup? Theres even a guy with a septic truck out in elverson that pull a tanker pup. It may not be the "norm" around here, but I don't like being "normal" at times. AND I ain't buying no mack!
Hey give it a try. Let me know how it turns out. By the way martin limes stone they are not normal dump trucks you see. Thats what they have ALOT of tri axles and dump trailers for. I live kinda close to elverson and drove a septic truck for 3 years and never seen a septic set-up like that. I have seen the riverside roll-off before on 322 in jersey. It makes me think.

Who do you drive for?

When it comes to dump trucks there is only 1 and thats a MACK.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 08-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Rookie

I drive for ICM(myers). I know the martin trucks and pup aren't dumps, I was just trying to make a point. That truck in elverson could also be for pool water, but I think I saw septic on the side. All I was trying to do was start the thinking process. Like I said in an earlier post, if I can get long hauls out of PA,DE, and especially MD where dump trailers would have issues, it should work!

Anyway, here's a friend of mines hook lift truck with a pup, and just for the record he's against the idea of me getting a transfer dump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman
Quote:
Hey give it a try. Let me know how it turns out. By the way martin limes stone they are not normal dump trucks you see. Thats what they have ALOT of tri axles and dump trailers for. I live kinda close to elverson and drove a septic truck for 3 years and never seen a septic set-up like that. I have seen the riverside roll-off before on 322 in jersey. It makes me think.

Who do you drive for?

When it comes to dump trucks there is only 1 and thats a MACK.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:22 PM
Senior Board Member

How is myers to work for??? I live about 25mins away from thier quarry off of rt.29. I hread good and bad. Over the winter i was running with them WD dump trucks i know they pull alot for myers. I know the name of that quarry off of 29 but cant think of it. *edit* the name just came to me. Devalt.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 08-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Anyway, here's a friend of mines hook lift truck with a pup, and just for the record he's against the idea of me getting a transfer dump.
Why is he against??

Old 08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Senior Board Member

That is one Bad A$$ hooklift!
Old 08-13-2008, 12:17 AM
Rookie

Quote:
How is meyers to work for??? I live about 25mins away from thier quarry off of rt.29. I hread good and bad. Over the winter i was running with them WD dump trucks i know they pull alot for meyers. I know the name of that quarry off of 29 but cant think of it. *edit* the name just came to me. Devalt.
They are very very very very very safety conscious about everything, if you can deal with that then you should be okay. The pay and bennies are good, we get about 52-56hrs a week. Its a good company to work for, they just get out of hand with all of their rules. I don't go to devault that much, I'm based out of paradise, we do alot work inf md and de.

Quote:
Why is he against??
He said he was going to do it a few years ago decided against it. He said certain customers could be inconvenienced when it comes to loading the boxes. The mechanics around here aren't experienced on working on this type of equipment. He also mentioned a few more things, but I forget what he said.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Senior Board Member

what does myers pay?? OT after 40??
Could i get a dump trailer job right away or is there a wating list for that type of job. Dont myers haul their own bulk cement and hot tar??

If you are out of paradise then i know you know the WD trucks. Them WD drivers drive like crazy.

Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Rookie

I think they start at around $16 or so - you would have to call, OT after 40. You would have to get in line for a dump trailer position, thats what I want to run(while I'm working there) but they don't have much dump trailer work going on. They actually had 3 tractors/trailers at paradise and moved 2 of them to the elk mills quarry and they don't work everyday. Not sure how the tar and bulk cement is doing.

I won't go there with WD! :shock: lol