User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2008, 03:01 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Gman,
Yea, I was there at that truck stop and was talking to you up stairs about running under ones own authority, you gave me a contact you used for load factoring, then some drivers from canada came up and an started talking the usual trucker B.S. at which time I left.
Here is the reason it clicked with me and you got to thinking you might be the GMAN from this forum. You where saying that you once worked for L.S. and now ran your own authority, you told me you felt they took too much Rev for only collecting the F/B, "which is true"

Anyway, I never said thanks for all the info you have provided. Also before I got into trucking , this formum and your comments have helped me, in fact your comments to my questions put me onto L.S. in the first place back several years ago.

Your are one of the only clear voices on this forum or any other for that mater.
As you might know, It is hard to get true help information about trucking. Seems to me like alot of guys who reply on the formum or others think its fun to give usless replys or try to discourage one in thier reply. And the ones that really have no first hand knowledge are the ones I hate, or , I knew a guy, who knows a guy who's friend saw a guy that did that kind of reply.

Well thanks Gman.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You are welcome, Chip. I am glad that I was able to be of help to you. I don't see why some people feel the need to give erroneous information to people. I remember those Canadians coming into the drivers lounge. What did you wind up doing? Did you get your authority? Are you still with Landstar?
Old 08-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Board Regular

I have a 03 W 900L KW, C-15 Cat Motor, 13 Speed, 390 rears and avg 5.2 mpg. Got new tread 1 month ago and mpg dropped to 4.9, but is coming back up slowly.

I haul logs for a living and love my W900L. Mine is a Daycab, my avitar is my truck.
Old 08-16-2008, 04:01 AM
Rookie

6 to 6.5 mpg running between Seattle & Charlotte....of course running bit faster than most of you as well. :wink: