User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2008, 01:26 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I all heard was about how great this Rigmaster is and I have heat,AC and power anytime I want it.Now within a year? you have added a rooftop AC and then are gonna add the product that you tried to tell us wouldn't keep a truck warm no matter what Rev and I said?

Seems to me a Diesel genset with the Rooftop and Espar would run about 6k-7k,and do exactly what you have,and you have how much into it? less the boat anchor of a Rigmaster.

Old 07-30-2008, 01:59 PM
Board Regular

How much of an odor do the espar diesel heaters produce?
Old 07-30-2008, 02:49 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by charged
How much of an odor do the espar diesel heaters produce?
Inside the truck? Nothing. Outside the truck? Smells like exhaust (because it is). The exhaust pipe for these things is only about 3/4", and are usually routed under the sleeper to the back. Since they are only burning 0.02 (that's two one-hundredths) of a gallon per hour, there isn't all that much exhaust to deal with.
Old 07-30-2008, 11:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
All I heard was about how great this Rigmaster is and I have heat,AC and power anytime I want it.Now within a year? you have added a rooftop AC and then are gonna add the product that you tried to tell us wouldn't keep a truck warm no matter what Rev and I said?

Seems to me a Diesel genset with the Rooftop and Espar would run about 6k-7k,and do exactly what you have,and you have how much into it? less the boat anchor of a Rigmaster.

Old 07-31-2008, 08:31 AM
Senior Board Member

I think maybe Doghouse can appreciate what I've done and all the options at my disposal.

My truck is fully automatic now with the Rigmaster monitoring battery condition, temp and starting and stopping when needed. I run a lot of stuff off the inverter and having the Rigmaster monitor the batteries and charge as needed is a real nice feature.

When the temp is just a little warm at the end of the day I use only the Rigmaster and set the auto feature so it keeps me cool when I go to sleep and shuts off when it's not needed anymore.

If it's the winter time I would rather run a nice quiet Espar using only a teaspoon of fuel instead of the Rigmaster running on and off using .2 gallons per hour. The Rigmaster will come on automatically if it sees that the Espar has drained the batteries too much and will shut off when they are charged.

If it's really cold I can run both the Rigmaster and Espar if needed.

If it's really hot I can run the Rigmaster and Carrier at the same time.

If it's sort of hot I can run just the generator on the Rigmaster and just the roof top unit. This uses much less fuel then running the AC compressor on the Rigmaster.

I feel I have the best of both worlds with all the options at my disposal to make the best decision with regards to comfort and fuel savings.
Old 07-31-2008, 08:49 AM

Steve........Why not add a seperate fuel tank for the Rigmaster and Espar...That way you could use "off road - no tax" fuel and save even more??????????? Just a thought...
Old 07-31-2008, 09:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usedup
Steve........Why not add a seperate fuel tank for the Rigmaster and Espar...That way you could use "off road - no tax" fuel and save even more??????????? Just a thought...
That's a thought since I always pull the same trailer I could put it on there. I'm guessing a 50 gallon tank would do the job but that would put about 300 pounds more on my drive axles which I'm not sure I could spare at times.

I saw a sign for off road diesel and it was $.50 cents per gallon cheaper. Filling a 50 gallon tank would be a $25.00 savings. Running the unit at lets say 2000 hours per year off the external tank would save $200 per year. I think it would more than a few years to pay for itself and the added weight just may not be worth it but good idea!
Old 07-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: APU question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Charged: If your dad doesn't want that Rigmaster, give me the info on it, and I'll buy the thing.
It was listed on craigslist, but sold today I think.

http://nashville.craigslist.org/bar/764991011.html

My dad just waited too long to make a move on it. It was only 20 minutes from my house. I doubt that a deal like it will come along anytime soon. :shrug: