LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2008, 01:42 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandilon
Quote:
The funny thing about this type of freight is that the rates ALWAYS go up when they need to move it.
...and what excactly did U expect? --4 the laws (of supply & demand) to bend '4 some?'

What would U do in a brokers shoes in this situation when they have ALL these 'going hungry' truckers PRAYING at his/her feet 2 get that particular load?

Quote:
Sad,isn't it? You would think these idiots would offer a fair rate to carriers that provided them with a good service in other areas and not take advantage of them when they get in a bad area. I have the same philosophy with the ridiculous 1.00pm or less freight.
Would U do it 4 a broker IF it was 'the other way around?' These dudes are far from idiots!

Quote:
Last month a broker that had a cheap load out of TX wouldn't budge on his rate but was practically begging me to take a load when I was in KS. When I told him my rate he about fell out of his chair.
...so the tables are turned. What's so unique/abnormal about that?

God Bless
Just another foolish post from the Tower of Babble. Mandy, you appear to be more interested in paraphrasing the professionals who actually perform the research than contributing anything positive to a thread. But we can all play along with your egocentric riddles if that's they way you want to post here.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:47 AM
Senior Board Member

no_worries asked what you do. we're all ears.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Mid-Georgia truckers doing something NOW!

http://www.fox24.com/newsvideo.asp?p...489&video=4125
Old 03-22-2008, 03:01 AM
Senior Board Member

When I asked for enlightenment, I though it would be more than common sense I've seen posted here the last 3 and 1/2 years.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Senior Board Member

I guess I should retract my last post, diesel fuel dropped 2 cents yesterday. :roll:
Old 03-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Senior Board Member

.....it is SO obvious that anyone that NEEDS 2 ask should get in line with the ones being phased out BY REALITY.

That's funny, I'm a 1 truck operation and I've been taking 2300-2700 ttt on 5-600 miles for the last 4 weeks.

....driving a 4.5 mpg hoods versus 7 - 7.5 mpg 'modified' aeros. If U failed math you'll fail this one!

If only that were true. I get 5.75mpg out f my T600 lately. I didn't fail math, I got me an eju-ma-kashion with an engineering degree. Soon I'll have my own website and make all the $$$

....driving at WARP speed. If U failed physics U'll (hey is there such a thing as shorthand 4 the typed word?) drive like an *****.

I agree with you there, but I'll still do 75mph across Wyoming. As far as physics, see above.

....taking a brokers FIRST quote. If you haven't read ANY book on negotiation UR running 4 fuel $!

Never have read a book on negotiation. Never dealt with a boker, either There are some places to go to lease on and do well. There are a few examples of this with members here.

....squandering 'in the good times' without a thought in UR mind about the inevitable DIPS/unexpected.

MMMMk.

...hey, lets others add to 'Z' list. .I'm not (or have the time) throwing all my experiences and RESEARCH *HERE.*

If this is the tip of the iceberg of your wisdom, I'm not impressed. I just want to know about your theory on the 5-10% of carriers going under.
- and OBVIOUSLY the professionals R't going '2 hand it 2 U in a silver platter!' -The best ones R 'secrets of the trade' U ain't gonna git these ones without 'paying the price.'

[/quote]