User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2008, 08:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower
If you think he's been doing a great job, I want the name of your drug connection. You're obviously smoking better stuff than I can find.

Unless you think having the economy and the environment both destroyed, while watching the greatest concentration of wealth in the hands of the upper class in 80 years, and seeing real jobs for the middle class move offshore at an unprecedented rate while speculators grow wealthier and the rest of us will spend decades paying the several trillion dollar bill for a completely unneccessary war is all good.

In that case we are in wonderful shape.

Just keep buying all the Chinese made $&!+ at Wal Mart and don't worry about your right of habeas corpus.

Ignorance is bliss.
I just had to quote you for the record since I was agreeing with you and you flamed me...and even called me ignorant in the process.

I've seen Bush for what he is since very early in his first term. I've been called every name under the sun by all manner of flag wavers as they struggle to support the worst president in the history of the United States. My favourite is "How dare you not support our troops"...because you've been brainwashed into thinking that lack of support for bush is lack of support for the troops.

I find it funny how all the Bush Bashers like you are crawling out of the wood work now that he's almost out of office.

Lou Dobbs even approached the threshold of anger a couple of evenings ago on his TV show. You're all so brainwashed to speak out against the presidency it's laughable. And this from folks who tout their "freedom" at every opportunity.

I find it ironic that people put an oil man in the white house and then complain when oil prices go up.

I stood in disbelief when I watched the leaders of the free world re-elect Hitler's spawn.

Yeah. I'm the ignorant one.

:roll:
Old 03-08-2008, 09:31 PM

Rank, I thought the same thing when I read what you wrote - going back, I caught the intent, but it just didn't come across real well at first. Just one of the perils of the internets. :lol:
Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rank
I find it funny how all the Bush Bashers like you are crawling out of the wood work now that he's almost out of office.

I find it ironic that people put an oil man in the white house and then complain when oil prices go up.
I've been here all along,but not much support for my views on this board so it's gets kinda pointless.

If anyone thinks that our current President won't become the richest former President in history they are sadly mistaken,he will be put on many stockholders boards and given some ungodly fee for speaking engagements(kinda ironic).

Old 03-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rank

I find it ironic(Aint't it though !!) that people put an oil man in the white house and then complain when oil prices go up.
I've been here all along,but not much support for my views on this board so it's gets kinda pointless.

If anyone thinks that our current President won't become the richest former President in history they are sadly mistaken,he will be put on many stockholders boards and given some ungodly fee for speaking engagements(kinda ironic).
Republicans like to berate ole" Billy boy...who makes quite the little sum doing his "Speeches". Georgie boy is gonna kick Billy's ass, $$$,$$$,$$$wise, once he is out of office.

And we will still be left holding the bag...but Republicans are just not seeing the bag(They get to hold some of it too...at least those Repub's whom are not in the super-rich catagory)...it is pretty transparent material.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Here is someone with his head in the clouds.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080308/...jD6gwn4j2yBhIF

STANFORD, California (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson on Friday reiterated his view that a strong dollar was in the U.S. interest and the greenback's value would ultimately reflect strong economic fundamentals.

"The strong dollar is in the nation's interest. Our economy like any other has got its ups and downs," Paulson told an economic policy conference at Stanford University. "The long term fundamentals are strong. And I'm confident they'll be reflected in currency market."

The dollar has declined in value as the U.S. economy has weakened under the strain of a housing crisis and financial market turmoil. Federal Reserve interest rate cuts have also reduced the dollar's value against major currencies including the euro and Britain's pound.

(Reporting by David Lawder, editing by Todd Eastham)
Old 03-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Rookie

Paulson is completely beholden to Goldman Sachs , his former employer.
These people have major investments in the developing world and couldn't give two sh$ts about american people.

Last year the average salary at Goldman Sachs in New York was over $600,000. That's average. Imagine what Paulson's buddies are making.

The middle class is disappearing and a whole bunch of people who like it that way.

Bush is just a simpleton pawn in the rich man's game
Old 03-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitron
Bush is just a simpleton
You could have just left it like that.

Old 03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
"The strong dollar is in the nation's interest. Our economy like any other has got its ups and downs," Paulson told an economic policy conference at Stanford University. "The long term fundamentals are strong. And I'm confident they'll be reflected in currency market."
Good find Orangetxguy. I would have to ask him why then has the dollar been falling since 2002? If that's their interest, they've had six years to work on strengthening the dollar and.............it's steadily declined. Nice work.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Board Regular

Rank-

My profound apologies for the flame job. I regretted about 45 seconds after I submitted it- Thats when I saw it was you I was responding to.

You are one of the 3 or 4 best posters on here & you did not deserve that.

Again, my apologies.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member

fuggedaboutit. I over reacted with my retort anyway. It's just.....I dislike that guy more than Gman dislikes cheap freight.