User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2008, 03:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

You can get a good buy on a used van right now. I have seen some as cheap as $3,500. :shock: Since you are with Landstar, there is an agent in Michigan who rents with an option to buy to BCO's. Or at least he used to when I was with them. If you are interested I will see if I can find his name. I don't remember what he charged the BCO. If you want to buy new, you should find what you are looking for at a good price. Dealers can't hardly give away trailers right now.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey Rev,

Looks like June was good to you 8)

I am wondering why you separate out your net per mile rate after fuel ($1.49)? What do you use that figure for? Certainly the key number is the gross per mile rate (after %) as that is what you pull ALL your costs from. Just wonderin...
Old 07-02-2008, 04:06 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
You can get a good buy on a used van right now. I have seen some as cheap as $3,500. :shock: Since you are with Landstar, there is an agent in Michigan who rents with an option to buy to BCO's. Or at least he used to when I was with them. If you are interested I will see if I can find his name. I don't remember what he charged the BCO. If you want to buy new, you should find what you are looking for at a good price. Dealers can't hardly give away trailers right now.
I know who you are referring to, and it is basically a lease purchase on a trailer. The rate runs anywhere from $159 a week to $199 a week. When all is said and done, you end up paying double what the trailer is worth. :shock:

I've got my eyes on a few trailers. I can get a 3-4 year old trailer for around $10K. Prices on used trailers are fantastic right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geomon
Hey Rev,

Looks like June was good to you 8)

I am wondering why you separate out your net per mile rate after fuel ($1.49)? What do you use that figure for? Certainly the key number is the gross per mile rate (after %) as that is what you pull ALL your costs from. Just wonderin...
I don't normally break out the rate per mile after fuel. I just did so here to calculate what my fuel was costing me per mile.

This is the best month I've had ever, including when I was doing HHG. The best month I had in HHG was just under $23K, and my expenses were a lot higher (with labor). The nice thing about this is that I should be able to duplicate it in future months, or come damn close to duplicating it.

I'm heading home for a few days, then I'll be right back out here running the same routes.
Old 07-04-2008, 06:26 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

as I am only sitting at 177,000 miles right now. It would be nice to be able to keep that warranty until I hit 300,000 miles (it was a 3 year, 300,000 mile warranty).

Rev., am puzzled.?

Why do you have all them problems with that truck if it only has 170K on it?

Coolant leaks you've said?

I have a Columbia with 230K and my AC just went out, no other issues(knock on wood)

But Pete..?
Old 07-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh
as I am only sitting at 177,000 miles right now. It would be nice to be able to keep that warranty until I hit 300,000 miles (it was a 3 year, 300,000 mile warranty).

Rev., am puzzled.?

I have a Columbia with 230K and my AC just went out, no other issues(knock on wood)

But Pete..?
All the coolant leaks I had were due to clamps coming loose. Not an uncommon occurrence. All in all, I have had very few problems with the truck. The only major items were an EGR valve (which is a given on that particular engine), an exhaust manifold (which was more of the gasket than the manifold), one alternator (which given the fact that I regularly drain my batteries down to nothing isn't unusual), and the power steering issues (which I am still not convinced wasn't related to the deer accident, as they all started shortly thereafter). Beyond that, there have just been little things, such as the loose coolant clamps. None of the issues that I've had with the truck have put me out of commission for any extended period of time. I think the worst one was 48 hours, and that was more because they had to order the part.
Old 07-06-2008, 08:31 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh

Rev., am puzzled.?

But Pete..?
All the coolant leaks I had were due to clamps coming loose. Not an uncommon occurrence. All in all, I have had very few problems with the truck. The only major items were an EGR valve (which is a given on that particular engine), an exhaust manifold (which was more of the gasket than the manifold), one alternator (which given the fact that I regularly drain my batteries down to nothing isn't unusual), and the power steering issues (which I am still not convinced wasn't related to the deer accident, as they all started shortly thereafter). Beyond that, there have just been little things, such as the loose coolant clamps. None of the issues that I've had with the truck have put me out of commission for any extended period of time. I think the worst one was 48 hours, and that was more because they had to order the part.
As long as it aint nothing major, its all good.

Good luck.