User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2008, 03:47 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Bummer, mine from KW is 4/300,000 :lol: But I second the thought on extended warranties...well worth the money.
Old 04-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_worries
Bummer, mine from KW is 4/300,000 :lol: But I second the thought on extended warranties...well worth the money.
My Cummins warranty is 5/500,000, so I'm not too terribly concerned. All in all, the truck has held up quite nicely so far (knock on wood). It just seems like when something goes wrong, it is something big. I'm not sure which was worse - the exaust manifold that took a dump on me, or the mechanical fuel pump that snapped a spindle. Probably the fuel pump, as that required a tow. I'm still irritated at Cummins for claiming that was caused by wear and tear, even though nobody could remember seeing another truck have that happen, let alone one with only 160K on the odometer.....
Old 04-16-2008, 11:59 PM
Board Regular

Rev,

If you think it's been long enough to receive your updated hm endorsement, you might want to pull your dmv on line to check the date of issue. Of course they charge a few bucks but it might help. Hopefully it's not lost in the mail somewhere. or mailed in a plain jane brown envelope and looks like junk mail.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

My Cummins has been pretty good; an EGR valve and a turbo actuator are about the only warranty items I've had. But that KW extended has paid for itself a few times over :roll:

I'm still fuming about the fan hub that let go. Sure it was covered, but guess who got stuck with the $2000+ tow bill :x

I'll never understand the guys who are about to plop down $100,000+ on equipment then balk at the idea of a couple thousand to extend the warranty.
Old 04-17-2008, 03:02 AM

Quote:

I'm still fuming about the fan hub that let go. Sure it was covered, but guess who got stuck with the $2000+ tow bill :x
If the truck was under warranty then the tow should be covered, I'd press the issue if it isn't to late.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:37 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbski
Rev,

If you think it's been long enough to receive your updated hm endorsement, you might want to pull your dmv on line to check the date of issue. Of course they charge a few bucks but it might help. Hopefully it's not lost in the mail somewhere. or mailed in a plain jane brown envelope and looks like junk mail.
After checking the mail today, I can officially say I am not a terrorist. My CDL has finally showed up. 8)

Quote:
My Cummins has been pretty good; an EGR valve and a turbo actuator are about the only warranty items I've had. But that KW extended has paid for itself a few times over
I've had my EGR replaced too. Both my PACCAR and Cummins warranties have already paid for themselves, and I am very happy with them.

Quote:
I'll never understand the guys who are about to plop down $100,000+ on equipment then balk at the idea of a couple thousand to extend the warranty.
You know, the funny thing is that when I purchased the truck, the dealer was trying to talk me out of buying all the extended warranties. He said that I was warrantying the truck to death. Little did he know that I would not only use up all the time on the warranties (instead of the mileage), but I also would recoup everything I paid for them and then some.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Rookie
Default loads out of baton rouge

hey rev nice thread i have been keeping up with ya since ya started this thread.... just neverposted... hard to beleave people cut ya down like they do.. one of these guys is on other forums and he does the same thing on them... the same guy even got booted and blocked from one certain forum.... was kinda funny. shows there mantality..... but anyways keep on posting.....
what are the rates like out of baton rouge/new orleans area going north east or midwest.... van side of the business... i have been interested in ls for a while and here both good and bad on them....but i will make my own judgement.
what type of rig are ya running i might have missed it in the post.....

take care redd
Old 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: loads out of baton rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddonkey
hey rev nice thread i have been keeping up with ya since ya started this thread.... just neverposted... hard to beleave people cut ya down like they do.. one of these guys is on other forums and he does the same thing on them... the same guy even got booted and blocked from one certain forum.... was kinda funny. shows there mantality..... but anyways keep on posting.....
It's their right to do so. It doesn't really bother me all that much.:wink:

Quote:
what are the rates like out of baton rouge/new orleans area going north east or midwest.... van side of the business... i have been interested in ls for a while and here both good and bad on them....but i will make my own judgement.
I'll take a look tomorrow morning. It will give you a better idea than looking right now.

Quote:
what type of rig are ya running i might have missed it in the post.....

take care redd
2004 379 Pete, 565 Cummins, 18 spd, 3.55 rears hooked to a van trailer.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
If the truck was under warranty then the tow should be covered, I'd press the issue if it isn't to late.
Only covered up to a certain point on certain components and not usually on a component that's warrantied by that manufacturer. Don't remember the details (it was over a year ago), but it wasn't covered. A bumper-to-bumper warranty is never exactly that :roll: :lol:
Old 07-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Board Icon

Well, I haven't updated this in a while, and I just happened to be working on my June paperwork, so I thought I'd give an update. Since May was a complete bust (due to me taking the month off to get body work done), I came back in June full force.

Total GROSS revenue (pre-percentage): $28536.47
Total FSC: $4480.47
Net revenue (post percentage): $18548.71
Total miles: 9718
Total fuel: $8550.80

Gross per mile (post percentage, pre fuel): $2.37
Net per mile (after fuel): $1.49

My fuel costs are still a bit high at $0.88 per mile. Hopefully once I get a generator on the truck that will drop. Every load I ran this past month except for three were for the same agent. I hauled 22 loads, three of which were in an LTL, so I did 20 trips. The best paying trip was the LTL trip, which paid me $4092.29 on 1198 miles. I'm running about 8% deadhead / OOR miles, which isn't too shabby.

I need to get my own trailer. I gave up $2282.91 in revenue this month pulling the Landstar trailer (73% vs. 65%). That is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned.