Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Shame I don't want to go to New Jersey, Ontario, or New York. :lol:
Come on I'll meet you in NJ,I'll be there Thur. 8)

Old 03-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
Truck revenue or gross?
Gross, and not sure what the FSC is on them because I didn't call on any of them.
Old 03-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Senior Board Member

I pick up and drop off in Brentwood alot? Easy stuff, take the money and run. It's not so bad here. Don't fuel up here though, it's up to 4.39 a gallon :shock:
Old 03-13-2008, 03:56 AM
Board Icon

So I just finished delivering another military load. I've come to my revenue cutoff for the week, and here's how things look:

3/5/08 - 3/12/08

Total revenue: $6620.07
Total miles: 3422
Total fuel cost: $2735.62
Tolls: $400(approx. - I didn't feel like adding them all up)

All in all, it was a pretty good week, but I can't imagine I will be able to handle those kind of miles week in and week out. I should be able to consistently run 2 round trips per week @ about $2400 per round trip, approx 1200 - 1300 miles total per round trip.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Default Re: From hauling desks to Landstar's authority Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I figured I might as well start one of these things, since they are so popular here.

Sitting in XXXXXXXXXXX right now. Just delivered a 4400 lb shipment. Total miles: 1002 (including deadhead). Total days involved: 1 1/2. Total revenue: $2009.70. Fuel costs: $742.20.

Now I'm burning up 10 hours in the sleeper waiting for a reload at the same place I just unloaded at, heading to either XXXXXXXXX or XXXXXXXXX. Then I'll probably get another reload heading right back here, where I will repeat ad nauseum.

I was running short runs out of XXXXXXXXXXXX last week. Average trip was about 200 miles (including 50% deadhead miles), and they paid me around $450 on average. I did 6 of them last week, and 2 this week. Product supply issues have put that on hold for a little bit, but they were pretty easy runs, and they were close to home.

The learning curve here lasted about 2 weeks while I learned how to use the Landstarve system. There's a lot of crap on the board that nobody in their right mind (and Steve Booth) would haul. Still, I've managed about $11,000 in the 3 1/2 weeks I've been here, and most of that has been in the past 2 weeks. Running straight off the load board is a recipe for disaster, but if you get in good with a few agents, you'll have more work than you know what to do with.

There. I just provided more real information in a single post than Steve has in 4 threads. I eagerly await the claims of BS.
My I didn't realize how jealious you were of Steve Booth !!! This really shows the childish attitude in you and why you are allways leased to some-one instead of being out on your own because you don't have the mental ability to do that ??? Your wrapped up in this routine of trying to prove your better than him ??? ROTFLMAO !!!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Board Icon
Default Re: From hauling desks to Landstar's authority Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ca_la
This really shows the childish attitude in you
I wasn't aware that Booth had a patent on posting information about his work. :roll:

I'll expect you to chastise every other person who posts such information. Buh bye.

Quote:
and why you are allways leased to some-one instead of being out on your own because you don't have the mental ability to do that ???
It doesn't require "mental ability" to get your own authority. In fact, getting your own authority is easier to do than getting leased on to Landstar.

Besides, what is so great about having your own authority? Seems to me that it just adds extra hassels that I don't have to deal with being leased on to Landstar. I never have to worry about getting paid, my trailer costs me $0, my permits are taken care of with no effort on my part, my IFTA taxes are filed for me, plus I have the added benefit of discounts on everything from fuel and tires to automobiles and software. And from what I've seen, I'm not earning any less than someone running their own authority pulling general freight. :roll:

I suppose GMAN doesn't have any mental ability either, since he was leased to LS. How about rank? Any mental ability there? :roll:
Old 03-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Board Regular

How can something (getting ones own authority) be easier than leasing on with Landstarve while having more "hassels"?

This is another shining example of the same logic that tells you which way to slide your 5th wheel.

Brilliant!

ROFLMAO!

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 03-13-2008, 05:07 PM
Board Regular

Seems to me that it just adds extra hassels that I don't have to deal with being leased on to Landstar. I never have to worry about getting paid, my trailer costs me $0, my permits are taken care of with no effort on my part, my IFTA taxes are filed for me, plus I have the added benefit of discounts on everything from fuel and tires to automobiles and software. And from what I've seen, I'm not earning any less than someone running their own authority pulling general freight.

You are paying a lot more in interest to LS for the stuff you claim that is free,such as IFTA and trailer costs. You can still have those so-called discounts with your authority if you take advantage of some of the programs that is offered to small trucking companies. Your permits taken care of?LOL. LS overcharges for their permits by almost double. IF you get it yourself and pay cash outright in a state other than IL. the cost is around 1300-1500.00. IFTA filing is a piece of cake to do. If you do your homework on a broker before hauling for them you will not have to worry about being paid. You even have the option to factor them at a 2-5% discount if you want your money right away. The 35% LS takes for supposedly taking care of these is mucho interest.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower
How can something (getting ones own authority) be easier than leasing on with Landstarve while having more "hassels"?

This is another shining example of the same logic that tells you which way to slide your 5th wheel.

Brilliant!

ROFLMAO!
Wow - you file a paper, pay a fee, and suddenly you have your own authority. So friggin hard. :roll: