User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Did you notice the reporter said "Co-Ops". As in 'cooperative'. Thought that was funny.
I have nothing against scales. Until everyone starts to run legal and follow the law, they are a necessary evil. Imagine what your dispatcher would ask you to haul if we didn't have scales!!! I drove for a guy who thought that as long as it would fit in the truck, you're good to go! Until he got a $12,000.00 overweight fine!!! (No exaggeration here, really, $12K!) It was 3 fines in one ticket; Aggravated gross overweight, over the tire ratings and over on every axle. What I don't like, is the 4-wheelers don't have to stop. We're being discriminated against. Lots of 4-wheelers are unsafe and illegal. A girl in a Volvo ran into me at a stop light a few years back. When I got out she said her brakes didn't work, and her hand slipped off the emergency brake! When I asked her for information, she drove off. I had no damage, and figured she'd get hers the next time she couldn't stop, so I just left..... When I am overweight, my dispatcher usually says something like: "there's no scales between here and there, you'll be OK". Yeah, like 'no scales' makes it magically legal.
http://eastcoasthoppers.com/