User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2008, 01:37 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Possible Load

Ok, I finally have a possible load , well I can get the load but not confirmed yet. First I will update what is going on. I sent Copart their
agreement ( packet) last week . On Monday morn I was told after finally getting thru to them that the agreement was the wrong one ( they sent it to me about a month ago). They said they would overnight a new one . I waited for two days and no packet. I called them and they said the mailed it regular mail , not overnight like they had said. I finally got it today. I filled it out
and called to makesure the fax onfo was correct. I was told that packet was not being used and they would have to send another packet . Well I
just about lost it but kept my composure . Three packets and all were
wrong . So the lady understanding my frustration volunteered to fax it .
Well heck why not I said . So I get it and fill it out and try several times to fax it but it will not go thru. So I figure I will go down there and hand deliver it. In the mean time I had talked to a broker that said she would gwet me loads for 10% . I had sent her my info a couple of days ago and had no response. I got her on the phone and told her I concerned that she has not called me back . She went on about some family emergency
and assured me she would get something going and would call back in one hour . Sure enough an hour later she called with a few loads that would end up in Evansville. This is three loads pieced together starting in Lawrenceburg KY going to Maryland , down to Virginia and back to Evansville and totaled 1419 miles for $2351.00 . there would ofcoarse be
some deadhead miles mostly from here to Lawrenceburg . One load had three small cars and a suburban . I told her that might not work because of the size . She said she could drop one or the other and make it work.
She will let me know for sure tomorrow. Anyway I will take some sort of load tha pays decent just to get the ball rolling probably Monday morn.
I have not decided weather I will try any more with Copart. I understand they are a good company to deal with but I have been put off so many times .
Old 02-02-2008, 02:04 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Sometimes it can take a while to get things set up, especially starting out. Once you gain a name for yourself, it should make things run more smoothly. If you are interested in working with Copart, it may be good to stay on top of them. It does seem as though they are dragging their feet.
Old 02-02-2008, 12:26 PM
Board Regular

Thanks GMAN , your right , I will still try to work with Copart , just got a bit discouraged. I have held my anger back a few time with them already. Just about every phone call there has resulted in some mis information or delays , But still , no need for me to take it personal
because after this is a business and a chance for good paying loads cant be over looked .
Old 02-02-2008, 06:21 PM

What is copart?
Old 02-02-2008, 09:21 PM
Board Regular

Copart is a top secret organization "Classified Operations procurement
of arsenal recon taskforce." They handle some tricky stuff. I could tell you more but I would have to kill myself ! Just kiddin , Copart is an auction company that handles salvage autos . They have over 100 facilities around the world . I admit I do not recall ever hearing of them until a couple of months ago . Darin :twisted:
Old 02-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Board Regular

1419 miles for $2351.00 .

Darin,did you try to negotiate this rate? It comes out to around 1.50 or so a mile if you were to include some deadhead and not the extra stops. Looks a little cheap if it doesnt include fuel surcharge but still a good way to start out. Always try to negotiate as much as you can even if you are satisfied with the original rate. You never really know how badly brokers need a truck until you ask them. IF they don't need a truck they will usually sound cocky and only give you an extra 50.00-100.00. :lol: IF they really need a truck they will pay up to a 1,000 and more at times,so always ask for a higher rate. If they say no and you are still satisfied with the original rate than you have lost nothing by asking.
Old 02-03-2008, 12:33 AM
Board Regular

Thanks for the advise. I know I gotta get tougher but I was so dang happy to get started I jumped on it. Also it is a series of loads that end up within 50 miles of home which seemed appealing. My operating cost
are a bit lower that a tractor trailer so maybe this aint so bad if it even happens. She did call this am to say she confirmed the load and is suppose to send me some agreement papers . I did tell her I would be out till mid afternoon but it is 7:18 pm here and no papers yet . So anyway
I will either get this load or go to Copart monday and hand deliver my packet and see what happens . Also I am going to get hooked up with carsarrive maybe as soon as monday , they have lots of loads that pay around 50 ct per mile per car which would be 2.00 per mile loaded with 4 cars . Finally if all else fails I will go to will go to some of the more local auctions and try to drum up business. I expect to start slow but need to be hauling asap. BTW, she did say this load was a little less paying than
what she usually finds but she was trying to find something in a hurry because she was out of touch for a couple of days as I noted in another post. Thanks again for the advise , I do listen to folks like yourself
and really appreciate the good advise. I have already turned down some loads that were so low it aint funny .
Old 02-03-2008, 01:58 AM
Board Regular

I was so dang happy to get started I jumped on it

I know what you mean. :lol: I have been down that road myself. Good Luck. You seem to have a good chance of succeeding.
Old 02-03-2008, 02:26 AM
Board Regular

Thanks DD60 . You know I have been on several forums , Auto painting,
Home repair, Religion ( which had some of the rudest people I've ever encountered) but the folks on this forum have by far been the most helpful and knowledable I've ever seen. If nothing else I have gained a whole new respect for professional truck drivers.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:25 AM

I looked at the Carsarrive website as well, it seems that there are opportunities there. I've had my Authoriy since 95 off and on I'm reupping in June 08 and definately will utilize Carsarrive for fillers.

Keep up with the card thing, I would also investigate moving cars for the snowbirds, there's a lot of folks that don't drive between their summer and winter homes that look for relatively quick service that the full size carriers have a problem covering.