User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks Chief . I got my agreement from the dispatch service I mentioned and am in the process of signing it. The service will cost me 10% of my gross but all I have to do is pick up and deliver . I assume with Carsarrive I would have to log on or call and check for loads then
get a fax from them , sign , get ins to fax the company a form showing them as insured, fax back before I get the load . I can see this as a problem unless I have fax in truck. One way I could handle it would have my wife accept faxes at home if I am out on the road. She could do all the necessary work I suppose. One other thing , I was thinking of signing
up on several load boards but read somewhere that most loads come from just a few sources so I guess If I were to get on several boards
I would probably see pretty much the same loads posted . Anyway just learning as I go and am sure to make some mistakes. Carsarrive does have a good deal, 10.00 per car or 49.95 per month .
I have thought about the snowbird thing. I lived in Boone NC for 10 years and there were plenty of folks that had summer homes in the mountians from FLA. I have a few connections there so I might get hooked up there. I bought a 4 car rollback with intentions of hauling
salvage cars for Copart and could still haul for dealers but I can see
that the more I can haul , the better off I am. As you know Ins is a bugger to get for a newbie. With a tractor and trailer I would be limited
to 500 miles that is why I got the rollback . Funny thing they have no problem with a bumper pull, or wheel lift. Anyway I am planing to get
a larger rig just as soon as Ins permits . I see loads coming out of Fla ,
Mich , and other places that are paying pretty good . These are the 10 car loads . For instance I talked to a local Dealer that said He was going to have to pay 300.00 ( he was upset that they went up from 275.00)
for a thousand mile load . That would be 3.00 per mile for a ten car load . Not sure but I believe that were going on to Mich and picking up more there to take back
anyway that is all down the road for me , first I gotta crawl before I walk.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:13 PM

If you have a laptop and internet access you can use E-Fax or goggle internet fax if you want to find something else. Who told you that you were limited to 500 miles?
Old 02-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Board Regular

Progressive said if I was pulling a trailer I was subject to a 500 limit unless it was a bumper pull.
I think this may be a Kentucky thing because she mentioned that in Kentucky thay just raised the limit up from 300.
On another note, I got my load info and guess what, I will be hauling cars out of Copart in Lawrenceburg KY,HA all this time I have been trying to get on with Copart in Nashville , sending faxes , getting wrong forms and now my first job thru a broker is another Copart facility. Weird
Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darin Younce
Progressive said if I was pulling a trailer I was subject to a 500 limit unless it was a bumper pull.
I think this may be a Kentucky thing because she mentioned that in Kentucky thay just raised the limit up from 300.
On another note, I got my load info and guess what, I will be hauling cars out of Copart in Lawrenceburg KY,HA all this time I have been trying to get on with Copart in Nashville , sending faxes , getting wrong forms and now my first job thru a broker is another Copart facility. Weird
Make sure you make the Broker aware that you have been in contact with CoPart, getting yourself setup to work with them. Note the date of your first contact with CoPart, so it is identifiable as "Pre-broker" contact.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:42 AM
Board Regular

Thanks , already addressed that. My contract with the broker states
that I can haul for anyone else that I have contacted prior to signing and
anyone that I get afterward on my own.
I made it clear ( and have faxes and phone records) that I have been
in contact with both Copart and CarsArrive and have submitted agreements to both of them.