User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 05:10 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Teal 95 KW

All I have to say.....

WOW you took my breath away. In a good way. Sweet.

As to the topic: I think he got his answer. BOL to you pigrider. No sarcasim.
Old 12-05-2007, 05:56 AM

[quote=Teal 95 KW]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "

I DON'T NEED ANY MONEY FROM HER!! And I also allotted her a brand new 08 LS 460 in the deal also! She will be okay! I have always taken good care of my wife!![/quote

I dunno...I keep getting this feeling like you think you are "one up" on her, and "allowing" her to have a car should something happen etc. She is your GAWDAMN wife!! You don't "Allow" her to have anything, and you are surely doing her no favors by "providing" anything for her..she'd be better off leaving your sorry ass and (since apparently she has a successful career) finding someone else who's evolved from the stone age. A marriage is a partnership, and things should be viewed as "y'alls" and not "mine" and her's". I'm not married and that is how I view things with my girlfriend, and have in the past with others. I kinda get the feeling that you'd be the kind of person to where if she didn't already have a decent paying job, and your trucking ruined a marriage, you would say "screw it" and keep the truck and let her fall on her ass.

I'm going to step off of my soap box now, I can't fathom how morons like yourself function in day to day society. I'm going to get off MY computer now, and ALLOW my girlfriend to use it... :roll:
First of all I asked for opinions not insults! You don't even have a clue of what type if man or husband I am! For the record I was responding to a comment stating I needed my wife's money to start this adventure!

I NEED HER MORAL SUPPORT, LOVING AND UNDERSTANDING BUT I DON'T NEED HER MONEY! SHE SPENDS HER MONEY ON HER AND I TAKE CARE OF THE HOUSEHOLD! (Keep in mind before everone get cranked up on that, everyone handles their household different). I have always alway taken very good care of my wife ( emotionally, financially, & etc) and plan to continue!

Maybe I am guilty of listening to to much financial tv or Suze Orman & etc.

But as far as the insults! I have yet to insult anyone on this board so I would appreciate the same amount of respect!

"Big Red One" , 3rd ID, 82nd Airborne, Recondo, Jumpmaster, & Drill Sergeant

OOIDA
Old 12-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Senior Board Member

you're right, I have no idea what kind of husband you are, or person for that matter....but your post shined a huge spotlight on a few key items which make me think I am not too far off base.

Old 12-05-2007, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal 95 KW
you're right, I have no idea what kind of husband you are, or person for that matter....but your post shined a huge spotlight on a few key items which make me think I am not too far off base.
My post was a question and a thought, that I later admitted, may have been wrong!

And as far as that is concern, a single man trying to give a married man advice might fall in the same category as Orpah trying to give advice on raising children!

But I asked for opinions, now I have to ride it out!!

OOIDA
Old 12-05-2007, 01:35 PM
Senior Board Member

pigrider, I'm holding my opinion till I see pictures of the truck you buy.

Nice to see Dr.Freud is alive and well on the internet, now if I could just find Elvis. :lol:
Old 12-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Rookie

PIGRIDER

I have a couple of questions

Is your wife used to you being away a lot or are you home most of the
time. Your lower info suggests military time possibly. If career military
then she won't miss you being gone. If not that takes a lot of getting
used to by both.

Do you plan on making large amounts of money as an o/o? I hope not!
Maybe she is the one who needs a pre-nup. My wife and I have the same agreement. I do the mortgage,taxes,car payments,food,etc. She has all the utilities, plus all her bills,beauty shop,her credit cards, etc. So far it has worked out fairly good till I bought my first truck. Won't go there.

Just a couple of questions, comments, and why do you really need a pre- nup unless you think your career change is going to cause some friction
Old 12-05-2007, 02:28 PM

After some thought, I can see very clearly why she is hurt and upset.

You said you are doing this on your own money, but you have received something far more valuable than her dollars. And that is LOVE, moral support, and understanding. This is selfless giving of ones self.

Now she sees that her "reward" for this self-less giving of love is an option to sign a piece of paper to secure her exclusion from your plan, down the road. What have you offered HER, should you become successfull beyond your wildest dreams in this venture? Sure, she would benefit most likely, from what you have told us about how you care for her currently, but this is the problem when you start bringing contracts into a legal union of two people.

In summary, marriage is a gamble, life a gamble, business a big gamble. Dont try to avoid it. And in the worst case divorce scenario, any judge will allow you to keep your tools to earn a living.

Bad idea, and beyond that, it really is an insult to her. You will see down the road this is true.

You are going to gamble on a new venture, with your money, be gone all the time, adding stress to a marriage, which will most likely require more love, support and understanding than this woman has probably ever given in your first 15 yrs of marriage. Be considerate, and put yourself in her high heels.

Regards and make the sharp u-turn on this if not too late.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Andy
After some thought, I can see very clearly why she is hurt and upset.

You said you are doing this on your own money, but you have received something far more valuable than her dollars. And that is LOVE, moral support, and understanding. This is selfless giving of ones self.

Now she sees that her "reward" for this self-less giving of love is an option to sign a piece of paper to secure her exclusion from your plan, down the road. What have you offered HER, should you become successfull beyond your wildest dreams in this venture? Sure, she would benefit most likely, from what you have told us about how you care for her currently, but this is the problem when you start bringing contracts into a legal union of two people.

In summary, marriage is a gamble, life a gamble, business a big gamble. Dont try to avoid it. And in the worst case divorce scenario, any judge will allow you to keep your tools to earn a living.

Bad idea, and beyond that, it really is an insult to her. You will see down the road this is true.

You are going to gamble on a new venture, with your money, be gone all the time, adding stress to a marriage, which will most likely require more love, support and understanding than this woman has probably ever given in your first 15 yrs of marriage. Be considerate, and put yourself in her high heels.

Regards and make the sharp u-turn on this if not too late.
Now thank you and everyone else for your responses!

This is an example of all the good sound advice I have come to expect from this board, not mean spirited attack from Teal 95Kw and the high five he recieved from TRUKRSWYFE!

I have figured that I will probably be taking a pay cut! I just thought that maybe I needed a post-nup trying to cover all bases!

I WAS WRONG!!

BUT EVERYTHING IS OKAY ON MY END, BECAUSE MY WIFE KNOWS WHO I AM AS A PERSON AND REALIZES I WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING TO INTENTIONALLY HURT HER OR OUR MARRIAGE!!

OOIDA
Old 12-05-2007, 03:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Pig,

stop shouting at people, We get it YOU LOVE YOUR WIFE. I wasn't high fiving,

I am a woman and guess what I am married so here is my opinion

Talk to your dam wife about this not the message board.

I only admired Teal 95 for so boldly defending YOUR WIFE. It was a sweet gesture. I KNOW she doesn't need defending you are GREAT.
You posted it ..... See why you shouldn't have. :roll:
Old 12-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

he-he....now you see why i have a filipina wife n leave her with her family in the Philippines lol