LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 02:28 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
You may need more than an apology.

You've given her reason to question her "security".

She's NOT going to forget about it...ever. It'll always be in the back of her mind.

This probably rates up there just under getting caught screwing around.
That flat out nails it, right there.

I think you screwed up just bringing it up to her in the first place. Business decision or not, it was a bad idea. I'd rank it right up there with Noah's neighbors saying they didn't need flood insurance. :roll:

My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the damage is going to be irreparable and she's going to be out shopping for a good lawyer if she isn't already. If your wife is as educated as you say she is, I would thoroughly think about whether she would consider staying with a "trucker" who believed so little in their marriage that he asked for a post-nuptial agreement to protect the truck. :roll:

Wow. :shock:

Good luck. You'll definitely be needing it.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Board Regular

This is from my perspective, as a woman, and I think you need to get off your high horse and quit acting like a jackass, before she decides to make your worst nightmare come true.

You are not the heir to the throne, trying to protect your birth right here. To be honest, I would be very PO'd if my hubby would have tried to get me to do this.

It's not about the money, but the fact that after 15 years you all of a sudden feel the need to "protect" yourself. You are a couple, you both have worked for everything you own, no matter who did the actual driving of the truck. She stood by you through thick and thin and now you are trying to insult her by doing this????
Old 12-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Wow!! (Smiling) Easy fellows! Easy on me now! My wife knows that I am a loving and caring husband, that tends to try to cover every aspect of any adventure!

If you read my post I said just two items!

The cosensus are in "IT WAS AND IS A BAD IDEAL IN A LOVING MARRIAGE!"

I WAS WRONG! ops: ops: ops:

Over the years has your spouses ever brought up something stupid or even hurtful? Okay this is my moment!

I might have to change my name on this board! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just kidding!

Thanks everyone!!

"Big Red One" , 3rd ID, 82nd Airborne, Recondo, Jumpmaster, & Drill Sergeant

OOIDA
Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Board Regular

Wow, a man that admits he was wrong! My hat is off to you. Hope you have many more years with your wife.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:01 PM

I can't wait to see her reaction when you ask her for money to keep the truck going!! I thought I was an A$$! You win hands down.

But I cant rip on you too hard as I have tortured my poor wife with my whole trucking disaster and she has yet to leave me for for that I am greatful, but it's probably because there is no gas in her car and the card wont work again.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOAD IT
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeiatch
I say get a divorce and you"ll get a piece whenever you want, from who ever you want.
Yeah thats the real answer. Divorce the wife of 15 years and go screw everything moving. He will be really successful if he does that. Its hard work and expensive when youre screwing around, his business will suffer and she will have half of the possessions. Whats with your name?? Is that the best you could come up with?
What's with your name,is that the worst you could come up with?

Lighten up.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I say get a divorce and you"ll get a piece whenever you want, from who ever you want.
Yeah thats the real answer. Divorce the wife of 15 years and go screw everything moving. He will be really successful if he does that. Its hard work and expensive when youre screwing around, his business will suffer and she will have half of the possessions. Whats with your name?? Is that the best you could come up with?

Lighten up.
Okay, what's in a name anyway?.... you little beeiatch
Old 12-04-2007, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal79
I can't wait to see her reaction when you ask her for money to keep the truck going!! I thought I was an A$$! You win hands down.

But I cant rip on you too hard as I have tortured my poor wife with my whole trucking disaster and she has yet to leave me for for that I am greatful, but it's probably because there is no gas in her car and the card wont work again.
For the record my income is twice that of my wife! Her retirement is tucked away safe in the state of Arkansas! I am using part of my retirement and some savings to start this!

I DON'T NEED ANY MONEY FROM HER!! And I also allotted her a brand new 08 LS 460 in the deal also! She will be okay! I have always taken good care of my wife!!

"Big Red One" , 3rd ID, 82nd Airborne, Recondo, Jumpmaster, & Drill Sergeant

OOIDA
Old 12-04-2007, 02:31 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Lighten up.
Okay, what's in a name anyway?.... you little beeiatch

Actually your the little vieena bitch, where you like your load in. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's why your called load it. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Senior Board Member

[quote="

I DON'T NEED ANY MONEY FROM HER!! And I also allotted her a brand new 08 LS 460 in the deal also! She will be okay! I have always taken good care of my wife!![/quote]

I dunno...I keep getting this feeling like you think you are "one up" on her, and "allowing" her to have a car should something happen etc. She is your GAWDAMN wife!! You don't "Allow" her to have anything, and you are surely doing her no favors by "providing" anything for her..she'd be better off leaving your sorry ass and (since apparently she has a successful career) finding someone else who's evolved from the stone age. A marriage is a partnership, and things should be viewed as "y'alls" and not "mine" and her's". I'm not married and that is how I view things with my girlfriend, and have in the past with others. I kinda get the feeling that you'd be the kind of person to where if she didn't already have a decent paying job, and your trucking ruined a marriage, you would say "screw it" and keep the truck and let her fall on her ass.

I'm going to step off of my soap box now, I can't fathom how morons like yourself function in day to day society. I'm going to get off MY computer now, and ALLOW my girlfriend to use it... :roll: