User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 06:54 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

NM requires you to have a permit also. You can do it online and I think it's only like $2.00 for the year. Tie it to your PrePass and you get the green light all the time.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doghouse
NM online, but I don't recall getting one for Oregon,..whats the deal with that,...should I be looking for a letter in the mail?
I don't know about the Kentucy thing, they seem pretty p.o.ed. They make this hard,..how are we supossed to do this if we're on the road,..is there a service that will handle this permit thing,...without charging an arm&nut?

Unless you have an account set up with Oregon you don't need to worry about filing anything. You can buy a permit for the miles you run each time you run in that state. If you set up an account with them, you will need to pay them a $2,000 bond and file monthly reports, regardless of whether you run any miles in their state. I just buy a permit each time. It still costs $0.13/mile, regardless. I just don't want to have to file another monthly report. If it saved money, I might be more inclined. In Oregon, you pay a $9.00 fee every 10 days you run in the state. You can add miles on the same permit as long as it is within the 10 day period without having to pay the $9.00 charge. If you put up the cash bond, then you pay an annual $8.00 fee and must file monthly reports. When you buy a permit every 10 days, you pay on the spot and don't have to worry about missing a deadline with a monthly report.

There are services that will do your fuel tax filings for you for a monthly fee. You may want to check with OOIDA. They can probably refer you to someone. You may also check with a local bookkeeping or accounting service. I am sure they can do the same thing. There is also software available which will help you to do your IFTA and state filings. I would expect to pay about $45/month per truck.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Senior Board Member

Carrier Services in Miami Gardens. 305-652-9990. $38 per month for IFTA and they handle all those other things too for a very reasonable price. Well worth it to me. They are a few hours from you but they don't need to be near as they provide pre-paid envelopes for everything.

At the end of a trip I fill out a short form, attach the fuel receipts and drop it in a mail box.

As for the other stuff, just leave some of the envelopes with your girl and when that stuff comes in the mail from KY, NY etc just have her place it in the envelopes and drop it in a mailbox.

Another thing I like is I just leave my credit card on file so they just run it and send me the receipt which I can review.

One final thing, though the information on this board is invaluable, still if I'm in doubt about anything I just call them. Also they don't make you use them for anything you don't want. For example I wanted to get my own authority, and a few other things I wanted to do on my own, and you just tell them what part you don't want to do and they handle it.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:43 PM
Senior Board Member

I went through Oregon on the 84 (cabbage was fun in my 11.1). Now what do I do?, I wasn't stopped and didn't get a trip permit.
Once I get these permit things covered, I'll be more careful,..but till then I am going to do it myself,...just so I know how.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:46 PM

You need to call Oregon DOT. Look for number on the web. Pick the option for trip permits and have credit card number.

DON'T SCREW WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:51 PM
Senior Board Member

I found this...

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/DMV/vehicle/tphmv.shtml
Old 01-20-2008, 08:55 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks for the heads up,....I'm calling them NOW!!!! sheesh,...its not like I didn't pay enough for fuel in Oregon!!
Old 01-20-2008, 09:09 PM

How did you buy fuel in Oregon? You need a trip permit unless you paid the tax on it also? If you did pay full price make sure you make note of that for your IFTA.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Senior Board Member

I just looked and noticed I fueled up in Spokane WA, and then again topped off in Mountain Home ID, so no fuel in Oregon. I tried to call but office hrs are closed until Tuesday,..so Its first on my to do list for Tuesday.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks Guys!!!
Another rookie mistake fixed before any damage was done. I got through and the guy was super helpful,...but said next time it happens there will be an APB sent to the State Troopers to nail the dog before I cross the state line.
I said thats OK,...your guys could catch me on horseback,...he got a good laugh.
Keep a look out in the mail for your "Thong O' Gram" you will be getting a new thong each month for the next 6 months 8)