User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcal
Ok, I just applied for 25 diffrent turck driver, heavy ytruck driver and recovery mec. I am going to wait for a call this week if I dont get it I will start applying over and over.

BTW a thought just ran through my head as I did this and though about what you posted, If I keep fuking around and appliing for all these jobs, I might just wake up in the middle of Iraq in a semi LOL
Not a problem gcal. I treat every-one the same. It does'nt hurt a person to be nice to people. I try to treat people the way that I would want to be treated.. That is what my job title is (heavy truck driver) But if your serious about this you might want to be getting things in place for your departure to Houston and Iraq by makeing decisions on who is going to do what in your absense. People need to be in place to run the house and pay the bills ect ect . If you own your own truck I'd park it instead of haveing the headaches of hireing a driver. When they say come to Houston they mean NOW !!!

Stay Safe Ya'll
Old 11-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I sold my truck along time ago and became a company driver who puts in 8 hours and shuts up and smiles when the truck breaks or we don't have world LOL
I love it!
As for handling issues, I got my old lady who holds down the fort like nobody's business.
I was gone last year for 4 months opver seas, a story i'll tell you if I ever see you, and she was a champ!
I am used to being away and my wife does great alone aslong as she has money to pay bills.

This will be very interesting if it works out.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
I sold my truck along time ago and became a company driver who puts in 8 hours and shuts up and smiles when the truck breaks or we don't have world LOL
I love it!
As for handling issues, I got my old lady who holds down the fort like nobody's business.
I was gone last year for 4 months opver seas, a story i'll tell you if I ever see you, and she was a champ!
I am used to being away and my wife does great alone aslong as she has money to pay bills.

This will be very interesting if it works out.
BTW if I get a call to go now. I call my boss and tell him by and thanks and no hard feels and I'm out like a taco after some beers
Old 11-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Board Regular

check your pm's.
I got a email with contact info for a recurtier.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Board Regular

got to talk to kbr and they asked for a copy of my cdl. we'll see what happens next...
Old 11-08-2007, 03:19 AM
Senior Board Member

whats the morale of the military over there? still good? how about the guys like yourself?

Old 11-08-2007, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
whats the morale of the military over there? still good? how about the guys like yourself?
The military has a good over-all morale that surprizes me due to all the anti-war stuff on the TV. They see all of that -- that goes on over there in the states especially those church people that picket their funerals. But at the same time they are so restricted on what they can do and when they can react to a threat to theirselves that it's a bad situation. The restrictions put on them cost's them not to react some-times when they normally would witch some-times cost's them their lives because they haft to hesitate.

gcal

Keep after it !!!! I'LL try to e-mail you I've been a little busy here lately . My e-mail is [email protected]
Old 11-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Board Regular

got called to huston for dec 9th....
Thats was quick. alot quicker then i expected. Ill keep posting if i go and let you know whats up there.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
got called to huston for dec 9th....
Thats was quick. alot quicker then i expected. Ill keep posting if i go and let you know whats up there.
OK

If you go ??? Still haveing trouble with convinceing the wife ??? I totally understand that it is a big decision and I'm not trying to influence you in any way but if I had to do it all over again knowing what I know now I'd still do it. It has totally changed my abilitly to do what I want and to improve my life at home with the money that I have made. It also makes me feel like I'm doing some-thing worth-while to help the military and the war effort at the same time. Tell your boss there that you need a couple of weeks off for personal bussiness vacation ect ect so that you don't give up what you have before you come over here to Iraq. Did they or are they sending you a plane ticket ?? Did you get my e-mail ???

Stay Safe !!!
Old 11-11-2007, 06:29 AM
Board Regular

I talked to you after this post right?
as for the wife goes, boy did she blow a top today. she has been talking to co workers about what i am going to do and A girl at her work called me a war profiter if i go to work for kbr and that if i wanna do some good why not join the army.
so not only did i have to put that fire out but then she was told why dont you go google "kbr" and see what you get. sure enough she gets the wrong turn videos and how they threw rocks and shoot the guys corps after he was killed. im going to be in the dog house for sometime working this thing out. all the sudden money don't mean shit to her and she is ready to eat top roman noodles for the rest of her life LOL
how i find these shit hole situations to jump in to is beyond me LOL
Now excuse me while i go do make my self some food cause the wifes fired me as her husband LOL :P for a day or two at least.