User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
What kind of place do you live in? Is it something that was built by the military?

Do you have your own shower? Can you take a shower every day or is your water rationed?

Does your truck have A/C?

Do they have stuff to entertain you at night?

I assume your inside a base. Can you go into town?

Does the base have a store like Walmart where you can buy stuff?

Is the stuff that you buy real cheap?

Do you go out for the whole day and if so, how do you get food?

Is there like road stops where you can go to the bathroom or get something to eat?

Do you drive alone or is someone in the cab with you?

Do you wear a vest?

Do you have a helmet?

Do you have to wear special clothes given to you?

Is Paris Hilton there?

+1

Thanks for the info and now its time to talk to my wife and convince her its the thing to do LOL
Old 11-03-2007, 10:52 PM
Board Regular

Cool thanks for the info.
My application is "received" Status.

What happens now? Do I need to hound them over the phone? Do I need to wait for a call what?

Do me a favor and Email me so we can discuss this in detail and if there is a recruiting bonus for you I will put your name down.

g_calatean@hotmail

If you have yahoo that would be really cool so we can chat instant message.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:50 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon
Hey Ash,

We'll have to talk someday. I've only dated Chinese girls for the last 3 years and they are awesome. Sometimes their logic doesn't make any sense to me though. Stay safe.
Hey Bigmon

Yes this oriental experience has been the best thing that ever happened to me. They are sooooo much different from American Women. But they can be a hand-full though. This one treats me like GOLD. I've never been so happy being married. She is 20 years younger than me. I just turned 50 and she is still 29 !!!!! Does a ol mans heart good !!!! I've had a Thai ( from Thailand ) girlfriend before her . Thats another plus about this job. Just because you have a RNR does'nt mean you "haft" to go to the States for the vacation !!! I've been in places and seen things that I would have never seen if I would'nt have came over here. Bangkock--Hong Kong--Shanghai--Bejing--Vietnam--Japan-- ect ect ect. Later I will be going to Australia--Tahiti--The Phillipines--ect ect ect. even after I come back home I'LL still travel because I have learned how to travel abroad by being involved in this over here. When I come home in Dec on the way back I'm going to spend a little time in London England.

STAY SAFE YA"LL
Old 11-04-2007, 04:53 AM
Default Re: Question: former US Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiway61
Is KBR still hot on that no guns thing?
and thanks for the update.
Hello Hiway61

Oh Yes no guns !!!! But you can make a weapon out of a lot of different things. I have a big tire iron that I carry with me. About 3 ft long and sharp poinyed on 1 end and looks like a hoe on the other.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbis
thanks for the info, I wouldn't even consider going over with a young family here in colorado but jobs like that always interest me, back in 1990 or so while working at the limon prison as an electrician I worked with a guy whose dad worked construction in antarctica and I seriously considered going down there but it just so happens that at the same time I met my blushing bride and decided against going.
Hello furbis

Yes I understand that my new wife is really wanting me home ASAP and I understand her feelings but like I told her we will haft to wait n see what trucking is like next April. Thats when I told her I would quit.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:16 AM

Quote:
What kind of place do you live in? Is it something that was built by the military?

Do you have your own shower? Can you take a shower every day or is your water rationed?

Does your truck have A/C?

Do they have stuff to entertain you at night?

I assume your inside a base. Can you go into town?

Does the base have a store like Walmart where you can buy stuff?

Is the stuff that you buy real cheap?

Do you go out for the whole day and if so, how do you get food?

Is there like road stops where you can go to the bathroom or get something to eat?

Do you drive alone or is someone in the cab with you?

Do you wear a vest?

Do you have a helmet?

Do you have to wear special clothes given to you?

Is Paris Hilton there?
Hello Steve

My dwelling is called a ""houch"" it is basicly a over-seas container 8ft by 20 ft with everything inside. It has it's own shower and bathroom refrigerator ect ect . It has a regular door that I walk through. But it was'nt allways like this !!!! The first 6 months were different in a 15 by 15 room with 3 other smelly strange people on 2 bunk beds !!!! The shower was down the hall at that point.

Yes take a shower every day no water rationing problems here in Baghdad. Except when your out on a convoy and are gone for a period of time. Like the Kuwait runs where you go from 1 military camp to the other on the way back n forth. Then you shower in the camps and sleep in the truck. I'm usually gone for 2 weeks at a crack when I was doing that.

Yes the truck has AC. You can't handle this heat over here without it. Nothing is supplied for entertainment. When you are in your home area your Houch has a TV usually. Yes allways inside a base. NO NO NO never never go into town in Iraq. In Kuwait yes but not in Iraq. Yes a store in every base it's called a PX and no it's not cheap. Some of the locals set up a little shop outside the PX and some-times you can buy cheap stuff there.

Some-times your out a few hours ,sometimes over-night sleeping in the truck. Sometimes like the Kuwait runs it's 2 weeks. There is places (defacts) in every camp . In Kuwait you stay at a regular Hotel with meals provided. You are not allowed to stop on the road . The military is allways with you when your outside the wire and you only stop at their command. Even if a local walks out in front of you or pulls his car in front of you you DO NOT STOP !!!! Understand what I'm talkin about ???

Yes usually alone in the truck unless a soldier rides with you. Yes a helmet and a vest. Thats all I had the first 2 years. No armoured trucks the first 2 years then the 3d year blankets on the back wall and sides of the sleeper with no front protection. Now everything is up-armoured.

Paris Hilton !!!! OH YES every woman over here thinks that they are her . Even the 300 lb ers !!!! Every woman thinks she is the only woman in the world !!!! Reminds me of when I first started liveing In LA !!!!

Stay Safe Ya'LL
Old 11-04-2007, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcal
Cool thanks for the info.
My application is "received" Status.

What happens now? Do I need to hound them over the phone? Do I need to wait for a call what?

Do me a favor and Email me so we can discuss this in detail and if there is a recruiting bonus for you I will put your name down.

g_calatean@hotmail

If you have yahoo that would be really cool so we can chat instant message.
Hello gcal

Yes I would hound them. I'd call every other week or maybe every week. Thats what I did and I think they wait to see if you really want the job or you are just window shopping. I was at the Petro in Elkton Maryland on a late friday afternoon and had just got there from loading some military freight going to Minn. I told myself I'd call them I more time and then that was it.

I called and talked to this requiter of mine n said ya know it's been 4 months now that I've been waiting for you people to say yes or no ??? I've got a perfect driveing record and a clean background and I am the correct age n all this 25 years of cross country exp so WHATS THE PROBLEM ????

She said Mr Kupke you really want to do this !!!! I said well yeah I would'nt have called you all these times n said am I approved or not if I did'nt want to go do this ""DUH"" !!!! She said you realize that your going to be there for at least 4 months at a time and short of quitting you can't come home until your RNR comes ??? I said yes I have no problem with that. She said you realize this is a war zone and you could be seriousley hurt or killed ??? I said yes I want to go n help our military fight this war. There was a pause then she said "" How soon can you be in Houston "" ?? At that point cold chills ran up n down my back big time . I told her it would be 2 weeks for me to get this load ran n delivered and shut everything down at the house. My life changed that day and has steadily changed all through this process. But I would do it all over again if I had too.

No there is no requiting bonus as far as I know. I'm not interested in that anyway. I'm just trying to tell people how it is and let them make their own decisions. Being single n unattached ( I did piss of the current girlfriends at that time 4 of them ) it was a pretty easy thing for me to adjust to. It takes a lot of support from family to be good at this working overseas gig. All of mine and my friends all thought I was jokeing until I started setting up a power of attorney n all of that . Then they all freaked out n said but thats dangerous !!! I said ya know we all have a number and when that number comes up then it's all over so as long as I don't do stupid stuff like bungee jumping or jumping out of airplanes I ain't too worried .

STAY SAFE !!!!
Old 11-04-2007, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Oh ya, how about a picture of you in front of your truck? I'll post it for you if you email it to me. [email protected]
Sorry Steve I don't have one here . They are all at home. I'm not that computer literate yet to understand how to do that. I can get them from the camera into the computer but can't get them to e-mail ??? Beside's I am 50 now n not 21 any-more ya-know ??? Pictures looked a lot better back then !!!!

gcal

I'LL try to get back with you on a per e-mail. Yes I have yahoo and MSN hotmail .

STAY SAFE YA"LL
Old 11-04-2007, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash_ca_la
Beside's I am 50 now n not 21 any-more ya-know ??? Pictures looked a lot better back then !!!!
lol
Old 11-04-2007, 04:23 PM
Board Regular

Super cool and thanks for all the info.
I have been chatting with my wife and she don't like the idea cause I lost a friend there the first year it started and another came back...lets say menthaly stressed... so she is against it but when I tell her 7500 a month and not many women around she likes that Idea.
My yahoo is g_calatean