User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc123
once the load board have all your information do you still need to send your information for every load you take?
If you haven't hauled a load for a particular broker then you need to do all the paperwork again. Once you've hauled a load for someone they just send you the rate agreement and your on your way.

I have an email address for some brokers like TMC and if I see a load I just send an email that says I'll take it. I get a contract a few minutes later and I'm off.
Old 06-24-2007, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhaulerss
well coastie. i dont have a load board . i have a dispatcher. & ourrr freight lanes are dead. the runs that we usually run. from one particulair area to another particuliar area. i wish my dispatcher would look at your load board with all those loads on it.. but i wonder how many are good paying & how many are listed several times for one load. ive heard of brokers posting 1 load 15 times....
That's because your dispatcher is probably only dealing with the shippers they have. The load boards represent brokers and shippers and are not restricted to just what your company deals with.

That's one good thing about having your own authority. You get to deal with any broker and shipper you feel like, not just the contacts your company has.
Old 06-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Finding a load most places is usually not much of a problem. Getting a load which is profitable may be another situation. There are area's where freight tends to be slow, such as in South Florida. If you pull a reefer, South Florida may not be quite so bad. Pulling a flat bed may not be so good in that area. It is up to the owner to know in advance what is going on in an area before he takes a load. There are some carriers who may only solicit freight from their own shippers. Others may use outside brokers in areas where they don't have much representation. You may check with your dispatcher to see whether you can find your own load. Carriers have different policies concerning dealing with outside brokers. If you cannot get your own loads and your carrier doesn't have anything for you to haul, you may want to change carriers. Birmingham is usually a good area for flat bed freight. I have also done well out of the North Alabama area you mentioned.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:22 AM

question?, when on the load board and lets say for 1000 miles they pay $1,500, the driver gets paid the $1,500 or does some of that go to a broker?
Old 06-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
question?, when on the load board and lets say for 1000 miles they pay $1,500, the driver gets paid the $1,500 or does some of that go to a broker?
A broker is going to want 10% of that $1500.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Yes, you get the whole $1,500.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
Yes, you get the whole $1,500.
Can't beat that can ya.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintama
Quote:
A broker is going to want 10% of that $1500.

No, that's not right. The broker is posting what he/she is willing to pay. They already took there cut. You could call and say I'll take the load but I want $1,700 instead. Then the broker has to decide if they want to take a cut in there pay. A lot of times I think they go for it because if they don't then some other broker will get the load. Sometimes it's better for the broker to make $300 instead of $500 than nothing at all.
Old 06-28-2007, 03:25 PM

just browsing through the load boards, most loads pay more then $1.50 a mile, and yet i see many posts that say you cant make it as an o/o just using the boards? but most companies only pay you a $1 a mile.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:02 PM
Senior Board Member

if you have to hunt every day for a load on a board then somethings wrong and i`d doubt you`d make it, but after a while of cruising a load board and pulling loads your gonna make contacts and their gonna go to you when they have a load if you prove to be reliable.

I started out as on O/O and used the boards exclusively, I had a couple of contacts from working on trucks but I had to get to their areas first, I also factored alot of my first loads not only for the cushion but for the peace of mind, yeah I gave up a couple of points to factor them but I could see who paid the factoring companies quickly and who took their sweet time and base my decisions on who`d I haul for from there.