User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2007, 05:11 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

DD, I have just sat here for the last 3 hours reading your posts and have enjoyed every minute of it. I've been pulling flats for 15 of my 21 (almost) years and ran many of the areas you mentioned while with Watkins Shepard. I wish you all the luck in the world in your new life and hope you keep turning the good miles. BTW, the recruiter Pat....did she ever work for W/S? I believe that it was a Pat the got me to go there.

When a white army battles Indians and wins, itis called a great victory, but if they lose itis called a massacre.Chiksika, Shawnee
Old 09-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Senior Board Member

I am so glad that you are going home in time! I knew it would all work out in the end! Again as I said on my thread sorry I missed you in the office on Friday! Drive safe and enjoy your hometime!

Did you add any weight because of the cookies yet?

Goin Fer It's Wife
Old 09-03-2007, 02:57 AM
Rookie
Default From a Devil Pup

Hey, Chief.

Definitely been good reading up on your adventures getting into trucking. I'm just hitting my halfway mark in my 4 year contract with the Marines. I'm twenty now, so, Marine Corps gave me an opportunity to kill time in a non-wasteful job while I'm waiting to get old enough for my CDL.
Me and my cousin have been talking about driving team when I get out, eventually o/o team. Thinking of maybe starting at Schneider, but that can always change. Anyways, I don't want to hijack the thread.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Semper Fi,
Mark
Old 09-04-2007, 02:08 AM
Senior Board Member

9/2-3/07
The past 2 days have been pretty much a ‘blur” as I ran my ass off to make up for “lost time”. I guess I still have that military mentality of “early is on time and on time is late”.

I had originally set a personal goal of getting to my customer in Houston, TX by 3pm local time on Monday. But because Friday was shot, I knew that wasn’t going to be possible and I would have to run a little harder than planned to make up for lost time.

Well I made it to the customer’s front gate at 5:30pm local time, only 2 ½ hours behind schedule and that was with some heavy rain and holiday traffic in Texas that slowed me down. Not too shabby for a rookie if I do say so myself…..LOL.

After unloading tomorrow, I will call in my empty status, if there is nothing heading to or towards the San Antonio area, they will go ahead and deadhead me home to take care of some time sensitive business and some much needed rest and relaxation with the family.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:09 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice
This load is not scheduled to deliver until 9am Tuesday morning in Houston, TX, but I was hoping to get to the customer Monday afternoon. As it going, it looks like it will be Monday evening/night.
Monday is a holiday, unless you know the consignee is open I wouldn't push so hard.
yeah I know, but "Early is On Time and On Time is Late" :wink:
Old 09-04-2007, 02:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom433a
DD, I have just sat here for the last 3 hours reading your posts and have enjoyed every minute of it. I've been pulling flats for 15 of my 21 (almost) years and ran many of the areas you mentioned while with Watkins Shepard. I wish you all the luck in the world in your new life and hope you keep turning the good miles. BTW, the recruiter Pat....did she ever work for W/S? I believe that it was a Pat the got me to go there.
I am glad that you have enjoyed the thread. I enjoy sharing my adventures with you and everyone else.

Yes Pat as well as my truck manager both used to work at W/S.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goin Fer It
I am so glad that you are going home in time! I knew it would all work out in the end! Again as I said on my thread sorry I missed you in the office on Friday! Drive safe and enjoy your hometime!

Did you add any weight because of the cookies yet?

Goin Fer It's Wife
You know, I thought for sure I would gain a few pounds because of those cookies......but in reality, I have actually lost 16lbs now since I started this gig :shock:
Old 09-04-2007, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: From a Devil Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRebelGuardnU
Hey, Chief.

Definitely been good reading up on your adventures getting into trucking. I'm just hitting my halfway mark in my 4 year contract with the Marines. I'm twenty now, so, Marine Corps gave me an opportunity to kill time in a non-wasteful job while I'm waiting to get old enough for my CDL.
Me and my cousin have been talking about driving team when I get out, eventually o/o team. Thinking of maybe starting at Schneider, but that can always change. Anyways, I don't want to hijack the thread.
Thanks for sharing your story.

Semper Fi,
Mark
thanks devil-dog. i did not realize there were so many that enjoyed this thread. I knew there are a couple of "loyal followers" and I am glad to see more and more are reading it. As I stated in an eairler reply, I enjoy sharing my adventures.

I wish you the best of luck both in the corps and in all yor endevours that follow. THANK YOU for serving and standing "post" while I can enjoy roaming the country.

Semper Fi my friend!
Old 09-04-2007, 01:20 PM

Hey Devildice you make it home yet? We are close neighbors.I live in Kingsland,west of Marble Falls about 12 miles.I am home for a few days then I am going back to drive for Maverick.Passmore didn't work out.Since they were bought out by Prime,there is to much Prime being introduced.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:31 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhauler2007
Hey Devildice you make it home yet? We are close neighbors.I live in Kingsland,west of Marble Falls about 12 miles.I am home for a few days then I am going back to drive for Maverick.Passmore didn't work out.Since they were bought out by Prime,there is to much Prime being introduced.
Yeah I made it home this afternoon and boy does it feel GREAT!!!! So sorry that Passmore didn't work out. I looked at Maverick but they said they do not hire out of the San Antonio area, yet I see them all the time running the I-35 corridor :roll: Anyways, good luck with them and be sure to let me know how it turns out.