LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
:lol: Yeah those kind of directions are great. :lol:

In my case, I had a print out that was faxed to me. When I got a hold of the consignee, he said all he had was what he sent the agent, which is exactly what I was holding in my hands.

Funny thing about all this.....the load originated from Cali, and according to the agent, he had tried to set up the pick up and delivery of the load via truck but the consignee decided it would be cheaper to send it by rail to San Antonio and then truck it to Kerrville. Well I guess they're gonna pay more now because the rail yard charges $100 a day "storage" and up until I left, no one, including the consignee, knows where the container is located.....

Yeah...That can yer looking for..It's sitting on the southern-most siding, on the Continental Divide. The UP will get it to SA sometime in the next month or so.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
Old 02-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
Yeah...That can yer looking for..It's sitting on the southern-most siding, on the Continental Divide. The UP will get it to SA sometime in the next month or so.

:lol2::lol2::lol2::lol2:
The agent called me back and said they finally located it and since I was involved from the start if I would be interested in going to get it. I was busy so I had to turn it down. Well a couple of days later I was ready to get back on the road and so I called that same agent to see if he had anything available. In the course of the conversation, he tells me that he got another truck to go get the container the other day and when the driver showed up it turned out to be one of those containers that already has its own chassy (sp) and therefore can not be loaded on a flatbed. The driver figures he will leave his trailer there, hook up to the container and then when he returns, just hook back up to his flatbed. Union Pacific tells the driver he can not leave his trailer there so he DH 50 miles to his house, drops his trailer and dh back to UP only to find out that a different carrier came in and picked it up . Guess the driver was just a tiny bit pissed (right fully so) and LS charged the consignee for yet another truck ordered not used.......:rofl:
Old 02-28-2009, 02:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Time for an update..........

I picked up a single aircraft propeller on a transport rack from Waco, TX and took it to Davis Monthan AFB in Arizona. It weighed in at a whopping 1700lbs and took up about 6' of deck space. I tried like hell to find some LTL to go on but was unsuccessful (you really have to be in the right places at the right times for LTL's and when you do find them it's like hitting the lottery :lol At the same time, I had a 2nd load booked from Davis Monthan AFB going to another AFB in Utah. This was sweet because my DH would be zero.

The only reason I took the 1st load, aside from it was paying well, was because of the 2nd load as AZ is not the best of places for flatbeds unless you want to haul cheap heavy copper. Well on the way to AZ, I get a call from the agent on the 2nd load saying there was a delay on the load and if I was still interested in it. This must have been divine intervention because by now I have checked the load board and saw there wasn't crap coming out of the SLC area for a 200 mile radius so I went ahead and canceled it.

Just as I was figuring that I would be spending the weekend empty in AZ I get a call from another agent that says he just got a call from a customer and since I will be in the area, asks if I would be interested in a load from Coolidge, AZ that had 1 drop in Deming, NM and then finals out in Hatch, NM. He tells me that it weighs 28k, no tarp and the rate was very decent. So I jumped on it.

I made the drop at the AFB and then bounced about an hour up the road to Coolidge. This load is maybe a foot high, about 4' wide and the way it's loaded, taking up about 45' of my deck, and it was extremely easy to secure. I did not scale, but I highly doubt that it weighs 28k. Based on my air gauges, I would guess it's 20k at the most. With the load being low and light, I should get some really decent fuel mileage on this run.

Since I don't have to be in Deming until 7am Monday morning, I decided to stop at the TA in Eloy, AZ. Here I will reset my log and just relax until Sunday. So I guess I still got stuck sitting in AZ over the weekend but at least I am under a load and on a mission
Old 02-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Board Regular

Was that pick up in Waco at L-3? If get any more loads in or out of there PM me and we'll see if we have time for lunch, or at least to say hi in person.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B View Post
Was that pick up in Waco at L-3? If get any more loads in or out of there PM me and we'll see if we have time for lunch, or at least to say hi in person.
Yep it sure was.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:44 AM

the eloy petro is better!!!!

see ya next week maybe....headed to houston monday...yea me!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Board Icon

I've stayed at that little Flyin J in Eloy.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 03-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildice View Post
Time for an update..........

I picked up a single aircraft propeller on a transport rack from Waco, TX and took it to Davis Monthan AFB in Arizona. It weighed in at a whopping 1700lbs and took up about 6' of deck space. I tried like hell to find some LTL to go on but was unsuccessful (you really have to be in the right places at the right times for LTL's and when you do find them it's like hitting the lottery :lol At the same time, I had a 2nd load booked from Davis Monthan AFB going to another AFB in Utah. This was sweet because my DH would be zero.

The only reason I took the 1st load, aside from it was paying well, was because of the 2nd load as AZ is not the best of places for flatbeds unless you want to haul cheap heavy copper. Well on the way to AZ, I get a call from the agent on the 2nd load saying there was a delay on the load and if I was still interested in it. This must have been divine intervention because by now I have checked the load board and saw there wasn't crap coming out of the SLC area for a 200 mile radius so I went ahead and canceled it.

Just as I was figuring that I would be spending the weekend empty in AZ I get a call from another agent that says he just got a call from a customer and since I will be in the area, asks if I would be interested in a load from Coolidge, AZ that had 1 drop in Deming, NM and then finals out in Hatch, NM. He tells me that it weighs 28k, no tarp and the rate was very decent. So I jumped on it.

I made the drop at the AFB and then bounced about an hour up the road to Coolidge. This load is maybe a foot high, about 4' wide and the way it's loaded, taking up about 45' of my deck, and it was extremely easy to secure. I did not scale, but I highly doubt that it weighs 28k. Based on my air gauges, I would guess it's 20k at the most. With the load being low and light, I should get some really decent fuel mileage on this run.

Since I don't have to be in Deming until 7am Monday morning, I decided to stop at the TA in Eloy, AZ. Here I will reset my log and just relax until Sunday. So I guess I still got stuck sitting in AZ over the weekend but at least I am under a load and on a mission
Ya didn't call...:moon:
Old 03-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Senior Board Member