Origin GREELEY, CO Destination COPPELL, TX
Trailer Group VAN Trailer Type VAN
Length 0.000 Height 0.000
Width 0.000 Load Weight 0
Miles 803 Commodity
Pre-Loaded N A&E N
Date Posted 05/08/2007 Time Posted 13:31
JIT Team Load N
It's a full truckload, $.87 x .65= .55/mile. What do you think, should I take it? I wonder why it doesn't tell the weight... :?
If I'm reading this right its an Ammunition and Explosives load to boot. They want a team driven hazmat load for $.55 cpm?!?! What are they smoking?

Heck at my barn company drivers pulling triples earn more than that.
Nah you're reading it wrong the N after PreLoaded and A&E means NO

Old 05-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Lowrange is that you disguised as cam?

I never knew it was you buddy!I havn't been here much and I finally decided to leave my local stuff for a while.I booked a load out of Mcdonough, ga to leesburg, va paying $2.12 gross/1250 gross at 610miles.It picked up on 5/8 and delivers 5/10.Heck I got to leesburg VA this morning and forced them to take it.I found my 2nd load 3hrs ago which goes out to sterling heights, MI, from staunton, VA.I will have to deadhead 108 miles to staunton.I was refused the load when she told me I had a stop in Ohio.I then mentioned that it was never mentioned on the board.She finally decided put $80 on my fuel card for my deadhead.IT WOULD BE NICE TO PUT EVERY DAMN INFO ON THE BOARD WITHOUT SURPRISES.the gross on this load is $995/1.75cpm gross plus the $80.
I know MI is good for freight coming to the south or GA and this should bring me home early next week.I don't know how some of you bcos run to be going out to places like utah etc...Since my bad experience in FL and deadheading, I don't plan on going back there and FL will be replaced with NJ on my base plate.I wouldn't even go to FL for $2.00cpm gross as you usually see on the board.I know how it feels CAM because sometimes I fee like getting back into IT, and wear my all black interview suite and go hunting for a desk job.BTW , I wouldn't take that .87cpm gross load.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:40 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Lowrange is that you disguised as cam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henboy1
I never knew it was you buddy!I havn't been here much and I finally decided to leave my local stuff for a while.I booked a load out of Mcdonough, ga to leesburg, va paying $2.12 gross/1250 gross at 610miles.It picked up on 5/8 and delivers 5/10.Heck I got to leesburg VA this morning and forced them to take it.I found my 2nd load 3hrs ago which goes out to sterling heights, MI, from staunton, VA.I will have to deadhead 108 miles to staunton.I was refused the load when she told me I had a stop in Ohio.I then mentioned that it was never mentioned on the board.She finally decided put $80 on my fuel card for my deadhead.IT WOULD BE NICE TO PUT EVERY DAMN INFO ON THE BOARD WITHOUT SURPRISES.the gross on this load is $995/1.75cpm gross plus the $80.
I know MI is good for freight coming to the south or GA and this should bring me home early next week.I don't know how some of you bcos run to be going out to places like utah etc...Since my bad experience in FL and deadheading, I don't plan on going back there and FL will be replaced with NJ on my base plate.I wouldn't even go to FL for $2.00cpm gross as you usually see on the board.I know how it feels CAM because sometimes I fee like getting back into IT, and wear my all black interview suite and go hunting for a desk job.BTW , I wouldn't take that .87cpm gross load.
Yeah, when this board first started a number of years ago I couldn't think of anything clever so I just used my initials. :idea: I took a load to French Camp, CA and I kept getting calls about loads to SLC. I was a little concerned about finding a load out of Cali but I sure dodged a bullet not taking those SLC loads. Two guys on the Landstar board report recently deadheading about a thousand miles each to get out of there. :cry: :cry: :x :cry: I've managed to find freight back to Denver but I found out the agents over there don't post their loads, you have to call. I still don't know what they have. Glad you gave us an update, Henboy. Never knew you were IT.

Different things, flats v. vans, cents per mile v. percentage, current freight slump v. better times, lease on v. own authority...doing what I can, paying down the bills, exploring different possibilities for lifting the profit margins.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:13 AM
Board Regular

.55cpm? :shock: That doesn't even cover fuel alone.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:15 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Cam, I think the reason you are having problems is that you are going to bad freight areas. Freight is usually cheap coming out of California. You can get a decent rate if you pull LTL's out. If you change your running area, you can probably do much better on the rates. If you stick to running in the Midwest, Southeast and Northeast, you can get much better rates than running on the West coast. That rate you quoted was from an agent who probably double or triple brokered the load. Unfortunately, there are some lazy agents who only broker freight that they can get from another broker rather than finding their own shippers.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:01 PM
Board Regular
Default I am out here in sterling ,Mich

I dropped my Waynesville ,OH load and I am now at the ford motor plant in sterling heights, Mich.I am definitely guaranteed a load out of here monday and back to GA.This plant is soo big an I am still waiting to start hearing the forKift in the trailer.I feel you on this Cam and like Gman said stop going to those dead places.I also realised that VA has mostly freight going up north like PA,NYsyracuse and even On and nothing coming to the south.I am just learning the whole Landstar system.I now feel like deadheading to IN to lay at the orientation center but nah, I will chill at a TA until monday.
Old 05-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Board Regular
Default I am out here in sterling ,Mich

I dropped my Waynesville ,OH load and I am now at the ford motor plant in sterling heights, Mich.I am definitely guaranteed a load out of here monday and back to GA.This plant is soo big an I am still waiting to start hearing the forKift in the trailer.I feel you on this Cam and like Gman said stop going to those dead places.I also realised that VA has mostly freight going up north like PA,NYsyracuse and even On and nothing coming to the south.I am just learning the whole Landstar system.I now feel like deadheading to IN to lay at the orientation center but nah, I will chill at a TA until monday.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: I am out here in sterling ,Mich

Quote:
Originally Posted by henboy1
Yeah, but let me guess, waiting at a truckstop all weekend long wasn't your first choice.

Gman, I've been doing this a year now. I was trying the 500 mile radius of Indianapolis for awhile there. Cali was much better last year than it is now. You know, just maybe it's the work environment and not the BCO? What, I've tried different tactics. What, I've stayed out following the best freight I could find because I really don't have to get back to the house. Texas wasn't so good a month or two ago, I went there a lot last year. Maybe it's not me.

DD60, they'll post anything. I guess they thought maybe there would be an O/O in the vicinity of Greeley CO on that day and he'd be from Coppell, TX and he'd get a call and his wife would be going into labor a month early and he'd look at the loadboard and see that load and think, 'Fuel money! Gotta get to the house! Let's go!' Well........, can you think of a reason they'd bother to post that crap? :lol:
Old 05-11-2007, 11:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Oh yeah, forgot to ask, how's it going overall, Henboy? Don't want to discourage you, but take a look at the Chemical tanker thread. Mike3fan says he's making good money and he just started growing another eyeball in the back of his head! Cool, huh? He can stare at girls and they don't even know it!!! :lol: I'm going to read his blog this weekend.
Old 05-12-2007, 01:17 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam
Oh yeah, forgot to ask, how's it going overall, Henboy? Don't want to discourage you, but take a look at the Chemical tanker thread. Mike3fan says he's making good money and he just started growing another eyeball in the back of his head! Cool, huh? He can stare at girls and they don't even know it!!! :lol: I'm going to read his blog this weekend.
Lol....I will tell you guys this,for as long as I live I will never miss that Landstar load board,just reading your adventures with it gives me the chills,I hated getting a good load out of MI going to GA,then crap going to NJ then crap again to MO then deadheading to IL to get something going close to MI.........endless vicious cycle.

Too bad my former agent isn't an agent for them anymore or I could defintely hook you guys up with some good paying freight,but then you would swear my name after running you're asses off........