User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well, if I have stopped just one more person from being ripped off by these people I have accomplished my goal of posting this account to this board.

The truck is running now, and running quite well. The total repair bill for the sugar incident was $1540.00. Not terrible. But that is assuming no long term damage was done to things. Only time will tell on that part.

We are filing with the TN State Attorney's office for $5000 in damages. It is probably a low number, but one that is more likely to produce results. I would say the total damages including lost revenue are closer to $10,000-$15,000.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanrandy
Was talking to these people last week.
NOT this week.
Thanks
Hope it all works out.
P.S. maybe the auctions are just as good.
If your going to get a lemon it might as well be at half price.
Then you will have the money to really have a truck.
I bought my first truck off Ebay...I got a great deal, and the truck is still out there pulling for me. I just did a head gasket on it, but sooner or later something had to happen. It's a 1997 Century in outstanding condition, that I'm in for about $16,000 including the head gasket that was done last week to the tune of $2300.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Glad you posted JP207. I put my lament with Selectrucks KC on this forum last year. I feel for you.

On the other hand, quite the ambitious fellow, aren't you? Three used trucks and you've got a driver lined up before you've even purchased the truck you are going to put him in!? Yo, I'm starting this whole gig a whole, whole lot slower. Not saying you don't know what you are doing. You seem to be leveraging yo' behind big time...but that would be the quicker way of getting rich. Best to you, bro.
Old 04-17-2007, 02:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Other than this purchase, I'd say he's doing damn good. Buying older used trucks with drivers already lined up for them, I wish I could do that.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:15 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp207
The total repair bill for the sugar incident was $1540.00.

We are filing with the TN State Attorney's office for $5000 in damages. It is probably a low number, but one that is more likely to produce results. I would say the total damages including lost revenue are closer to $10,000-$15,000.
Actually, the number you are filing is HIGH. You cannot sue for lost revenue. It is an abstract, and you have no way of proving that you would have earned that money. You can only sue for the actual damages, which would be the repair bill.

Everything else would be punitive damages, which I doubt you would get in a case such as this.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:05 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I think you will find it difficult to collect on this complaint. There is no way to prove that the dealer was responsible for the sugar.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:19 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I think you will find it difficult to collect on this complaint. There is no way to prove that the dealer was responsible for the sugar.
To answer a few questions posted above.....$5000 represents an actual cost that I have incurred. $10,000-$15,000 is with the lost revenues.

The state is more interested in the odometer fraud than the sugar. The sugar is a lost cause...No real evidence to support the claim.

I was content with 3 trucks actually..The other 3 trucks I have had pretty good luck. They are all Centurys with Detroits,10spds,70" condos...They have 917K,664K,653K and 661K on them. The truck with 917K on it is paid for. My payment on the other three is less than $1000/mo. Most people can't even get in a single truck for under $1000/mo so that is how this company is able to survive...Believe me, this 4th truck ordeal really put me out. If it wasn't for the assitance given to me by my carrier, I would be in big trouble....(I have 3 trucks leased to Schneider BTW, 1 with RFK).

I was lucky in a way that I found a really patient driver who stood by while this ordeal happened...

Things are looking up now...! Even if I don't recover a dime from this, an important lesson was learned!!
Old 04-17-2007, 04:35 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp207
I was content with 3 trucks actually..The other 3 trucks I have had pretty good luck. They are all Centurys with Detroits,10spds,70" condos...They have 917K,664K,653K and 661K on them. The truck with 917K on it is paid for. My payment on the other three is less than $1000/mo. Most people can't even get in a single truck for under $1000/mo so that is how this company is able to survive...Believe me, this 4th truck ordeal really put me out. If it wasn't for the assitance given to me by my carrier, I would be in big trouble....(I have 3 trucks leased to Schneider BTW, 1 with RFK).

I was lucky in a way that I found a really patient driver who stood by while this ordeal happened...

Things are looking up now...! Even if I don't recover a dime from this, an important lesson was learned!!
[off topic]Sounds like you have yourself spread really thin.........[/off topic]
Old 04-17-2007, 06:21 PM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

If one truck can put you out of buisiness you need to check WHAT YOU ARE DOING WRONG that will bring you into that situation, and the first thing i would look at is the carrier you are leased to which is Schneider in this case :roll: , which BTW pays .90cpm with 19cpm surcharge last time i checked....

One truck CANNOT put a succesefull buisiness man out of work if he has other 3 to haul for him....GMAN can elaborate on this !
Old 04-18-2007, 05:24 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejanh
If one truck can put you out of buisiness you need to check WHAT YOU ARE DOING WRONG that will bring you into that situation, and the first thing i would look at is the carrier you are leased to which is Schneider in this case :roll: , which BTW pays .90cpm with 19cpm surcharge last time i checked....

One truck CANNOT put a succesefull buisiness man out of work if he has other 3 to haul for him....GMAN can elaborate on this !
A very interesting post..Your right, I am spread thin right now...But going to survive. It isn't the mileage pay that is getting me..(BTW .90 + .26 this week)...I have 2 trucks not running right now because 2 are in orientation (I just got my 2nd and 3rd over to Schneider)...My 1st truck pulls for RFK Transportation who pays $1 + FSC (.25 this week)....Problem here is no consistancey to miles.

So if the other trucks were nicely rolling, which they will be by the end of the week...This would not have been near the concern it is right now.

4 out of 4 will be running this week, life will get back to "normal" and I'll get thru this hurdle.