User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2007, 01:49 AM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Say just wondering...I am definitly a rookie at buying a truck, just bought my first one ever last month, a 2001 freightliner.
When I went looking, I just wanted a good deal, I mean I didnt have a model or make picked out like it had to be a certain model K.W or International......any truck at what seemed a reasonable deal for that type I tried to research what it would be(lots of work Ill tell ya)
Everyone said try the truck trader....and I did. I was kind of lucky that where I am in So Cal there were lots of dealers posting their trucks there....hmmm after a while tho I noticed...a noticable point was common to all, they were all stretching the truth (some would interpret this as outright LYING)
For exammple....I came over to see one certain truck....said truck was just recently moved to their other dealer or recently sold (hmmm big suprise)
Just getting at...ummm shouldnt we assume that cuz they are a dealer they are probably liying (such as if his lips are moving and he is a politician he is lying?) Or am I being too cynical?
Old 04-12-2007, 02:27 AM

That's it.... I'm buying locking fuel caps.
Old 04-12-2007, 03:43 AM
Rookie

There may be light at the end of this tunnel...

Thankfully, I am leased to a great carrier who is helping me thru this...They are in the process now of repairing the truck and they are allowing me to have the repair cost spread over a couple settlements. Right now it appears the truck will be running on Friday afternoon. They changed the filters and the truck seems to run fine. They are dropping the tanks, changing the fuel filters again, replacing the fuel pump, and cleaning out the fuel lines.

In the mean time we continue to involve the state agencies. Whether we get anywhere or not who knows. The good news is, is that this truck should be producing revenue by Saturday morning.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:44 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp207

In the mean time we continue to involve the state agencies. Whether we get anywhere or not who knows. The good news is, is that this truck should be producing revenue by Saturday morning.
One thing if I may say so is to not let this go. They count on people just giving up because right now you are mad and want things to happen now. But the process is slow and they count on time going by and you just giving up. If I'm mad enough I don't give up on this stuff and my tenacity has paid off. Believe me, if you keep up with this, this guy will be looking to give you something to just get you off his back.

And just to clarify, unless it's really cost me money, when I say paid off I don't mean with money. I've sued a whole state agency one time, and won after a couple of years. I didn't make any money, but I did get it in the law books and they will now think twice before they do what they did to me to someone else. Obviously your thing cost you time and money and you need to recoup that, but it's also the fact that he treated you like you shouldn't have been treated. And what's worse he apparently knew what he was doing and could have cared less about any consequences.

Well I had someone from legal at Sears one time on the phone pretty
much laugh at me and tell me I won't get any higher than her. I told her I would be wiping that smirk right off her face and to make a long story short within two weeks they fixed my car.

Anyway just don't give up.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:38 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: California...yup beautifull Hollywood just over the hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby
That's it.... I'm buying locking fuel caps.
Yeah..seems the wise thing to do; looking into them myself.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:33 PM
Senior Board Member

Tennessee requires dealers to have a surety bond. It's real easy to file a claim against the bond.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am glad you are getting to the point of making money with the truck. I assume you suspect the dealer of putting sugar in the fuel system? Unfortunately, if that is the case, it may be difficult to prove. It is good that your carrier is willing to help you get the truck repaired. I hope you continue to pursue this matter. Keep us updated. Good luck.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:44 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
I am glad you are getting to the point of making money with the truck. I assume you suspect the dealer of putting sugar in the fuel system? Unfortunately, if that is the case, it may be difficult to prove. It is good that your carrier is willing to help you get the truck repaired. I hope you continue to pursue this matter. Keep us updated. Good luck.
Yes, I do suspect the dealer..Unfortunitley, proving this will be next to impossible. I also suspect the person who traded the truck in that morning, he was not happy with the dealer either, and may have done it to screw them over, not knowing that I was going to buy the truck. However, it is quite ironic that the owner of the dealer knew that "It did not happen on his lot" and that "It must have happened at the hotel up the street where they were staying".....Odd, I never told them where I was staying at.

Work is taking a bit longer on the truck, and it won't be running until Sat. afternoon.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Senior Board Member

these arrogant dealer rippoff people need to be paid a visit. not by any gov. official. but by the ole fashioned wise guy's who would teach him a lesson not soon forgotten. :lol:
Old 04-16-2007, 03:58 AM
Rookie

Was talking to these people last week.
NOT this week.
Thanks
Hope it all works out.
P.S. maybe the auctions are just as good.
If your going to get a lemon it might as well be at half price.
Then you will have the money to really have a truck.