User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Theres a fleet in StoneyCreek called White Oak that has quite a few Volvo's with the air ride front end and all the drivers complain about the bouncing from the front. They say the same thing about the coffee too.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:59 AM

Volvo lover here, 770 or 780 is hands down the best ride I have ever experienced in a big truck. Postively "loafy" at 80mph sitting at 80,000, unreal. Running in the middle of the night it can lull you into completely being unaware of what you are piloting, scary in a way.

Had a chance to run a new Western Star last weekend for 5 or 6 hours of driving and was pleasantly surprised, wind noise was minimal and while I was dumbed down to 63mph the ride was much better than what I expected.

Anything International is a bone jarring rattle trap, been across the country in several.

Running Freightshakers now as a company driver and the ride is decent, nowhere near a Volvo in my opinion but decent.

While chrome stacks and air cleaners look impressive when it comes to my money on the line to make money in the trucking business Volvo is going to get the nod. 7 mpg with a light foot dragging around at 80,000 combined with a tight truck that rides so perfect it's scary. Aero VN series would be the profit maker, their "big car" VT models are a bit of a paradox, they will never get the respect of a Classic Fuel Hoggin 379 so why attempt the look?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:15 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I don't have anything else to compare to but my Western Star is very quiet and rides real nice. Better ride than my Mustang. I can leave just about anything on the dash and it stays there unless I'm going through that road from hell in NY.
Old 02-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Senior Board Member

hey... i know the international rides rough. how do you think i make all my money?? i have a 95 cabin over. and i can realy put on the miles. why??? cause that things rides so rough no way am i going to fall asleep behind the wheel. i guess i could look at that as a safety feature too. lol. if i'm in an area like mi. where it feels like your driving thru a parking lot with speed bumps... my eye balls bounce. lol. i call those roads the no doze roads. but all kidding aside this is the best truck by far i could of ever purchased. 15 g's cash in 99 still in it & no major work done. none. even same clutch in it . e.t.c. have fun people.. keep truck'in
Old 02-04-2007, 05:26 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurkym
Volvo......not us. We had a new 06 Volvo, company truck, that we thought was great. When we bought our 99 T2000 we thought we would be giving up some on the ride. NOT ONE BIT. The volvo s ride was a circus ride compared to the KW. i.e. put a cup of coffee in your volvo cup-holder and watch it all spill and slosh out on the grapevine, I opened a bottle of water and put it on the floor of my KW, forgot it, went over the grapevine, and on the way down found it still upright. I can put a cup with no lid in my cupholder and nothing spills.........try that in a volvo. Also we are retrofitting the sleeper alittle. We took out the stock cupboards and put in sliding verticals, like in RV'S. widen the bed to a full and will mount our IMac, with a TV adapter, on a gryoscopic hanger.. Now what I want to find is a drawer fridge to put under the bunk.
Your Volvo must have had other problems because all of the Volvo's I've been in have ridden like a dream.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Volvos give me the cushiest (softest)ride. I've driven several. KW and petes are a different kind of ride- not bad, but different.

My frieghtliner, despite having 6000 miles on it, liked to bounce around.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:31 AM

Old 02-11-2007, 12:45 PM

I have a 2000 770 and the ride is awesome!! I wouldn't trade it for anything.