User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

"Control" as in Let STEVE say whatever he wants whether they're "Untruths" or not and Don't let ANYBODY comment on them.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:48 PM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Hey Steve,
Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'm sure that your readers will understand.
I know that you're assured that MANY enjoyed your writing from all the hits. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2007, 10:02 PM
Rookie

Steve,

Thanks for all the great posts. I really enjoy reading all about your learning curves, adventures and accomplishments. You have a tremendous amount of courage and it shows. Whether you post anymore or not (I hope you do) I wanted to let you know that. I can guarantee their are a lot of others out there that feel the same way looking at the amount of hits that have been generated from your post. Amazing.

Rich
Old 01-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Senior Board Member

from CAD's FAQ section....
What are Moderators?
........Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.

Steve Booth wrote:
Quote:
Many of my posts have been deleted. Maybe some day we'll get moderators who can control the out of control people instead of being ones themselves.
I hope that didn't happen because I didn't see anything about this thread that needed to be deleted. It was a free ranging discussion which unfortunately did vary off into a whose Iraq experience is the more true..... :roll: THAT was the one part that could have been "moderated".
I have seen posters that truly needed to be controlled and was glad there were moderators around for that. This thread was not near needing that kind of censorship....

I'm sorry to see that Steve is leaving....his story was one of the more popular and entertaining on this site and it is a shame to see him leave. Steve, I personally hope you reconsider and simply ignore the ranting that sometime accompanies your posts. Know that based on the number of hits, many more appreciate what you have been writing and posting than the shrill nitpicking that has lately swirled around your posts. Remember the silent majority who appreciates what you write.

ps...I never read where Gman had anything but positives and help to offer you Steve!
Gman wrote:
Quote:
If you all are finished bashing Steve, could we just get back to the discussion?
Old 01-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Senior Board Member

hey Steve,

as you know, many of us really enjoy reading about your adventures.....perhaps we are even living vicariously through you......if you don't want to post here anymore, that is your right, so what about starting your own blog? then there would be no worries of anyone hijacking or deleting your thread???? Just a thought
Old 01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Rookie
Default Inspiration

Steve, you ARE an inspiration to many, and from my point of view, always professional, articulate and tasteful. Therefore, leaving your position on this "board" is not something that I find agreeable. I do understand that you might have run out of patience with some of the comments, however. I agree with the poster who suggested your own blog. If you want to do that, I'd be missing a lot if I did not know how to get to it. I hope to follow in your tire tracks one of these days, and do so in very much the same way you have. I had all the same issues you had months ago in terms of leaving the other professional environment to get into independent business. Be safe, and if you have time, let me hear from you from time to time!
Old 01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
Senior Board Member

gonna miss seeing your posts Steve. I sure would not let a few stop me!! Hey I'll read your blog too if ya post one.

You have a talent with writing and alot of us here have enjoyed it!!

tootie
Old 01-07-2007, 01:00 AM
Board Icon

He did this same exact thing a few months ago - all he is looking for is an ego-stroking.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
He did this same exact thing a few months ago - all he is looking for is an ego-stroking.
He very well might be....but c'mon Rev, you've got to admit, his post are entertaining
Old 01-07-2007, 01:40 AM
Board Regular
Default Re: Inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by maschaubsr
Steve, you ARE an inspiration to many, and from my point of view, always professional, articulate and tasteful. Therefore, leaving your position on this "board" is not something that I find agreeable. I do understand that you might have run out of patience with some of the comments, however. I agree with the poster who suggested your own blog. If you want to do that, I'd be missing a lot if I did not know how to get to it. I hope to follow in your tire tracks one of these days, and do so in very much the same way you have. I had all the same issues you had months ago in terms of leaving the other professional environment to get into independent business. Be safe, and if you have time, let me hear from you from time to time!
Steve said that many of his posts were deleted, and that was not denied. So perhaps patience isn't the issue.
Closed Thread