Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 11:44 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBooth
I'm careful, cautious, afraid and not scared to ask for help when I need it.
Steve, that is the #1 reason why I think you will succeed. There will be bumps, but even the most seasoned veterans have bumps(read up on the mighty rev not knowing how to put tire chains on).
Old 01-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Well, I reply to this just once. I do have connections back home hauling lumber and granite but at this point, I'm not interested. I'm having too much fun roaming around the U.S. at the moment!!!
I wonder if those loads will exist when you decide to stop "roaming".

Quote:
All the loads I've gotten so far are off the load boards and it was a piece of cake. If you average all my loads it comes out to $1.80 per mile. I'm getting an average of 6.2 mpg. Sometimes 6.6, sometimes 5.2 but overall, 6.2.
As you stated earlier, your "$1.80 per mile" didn't include ANY deadhead. Put in the REAL miles, and it won't equal $1.80 anymore.

Quote:
I know it's just killing SOME people in here that I find it easy and fun. I found most all the information I needed to get started in here and a lot of help from GMAN.
That is where you are dead wrong. I (and I'm sure many others here) could care less if you succeed or not. But your know-it-all demeanor is pathetic.

Quote:
I'm sure I haven't witnessed the worst but I know I have more experience now than some new person driving with a trainer for 3 weeks who does nothing but deliver groceries in Nebraska backing into food warehouses the size of the White House. Does that make them qualified after 3 weeks.
I would never call ANYONE "qualified" after three weeks. Three years? Maybe.

Quote:
When I graduated college I knew nothing but the talent to learn.
You knew nothing AFTER college? You musn't have been paying attention. :lol:

Quote:
When I graduated CDL school I knew nothing but the talent to learn.
And you didn't even know how to shift your truck. :roll:

Quote:
And you aren't afraid to ignore help just because it puts your enormous ego in check.

Quote:
I don't give advise in this forum but plan to some day.
Thanks for the warning.

Quote:
I've posted nothing but the truth and being very up front with the loads I'm getting and the cost per mile.
But you aren't being up front with the profit you are making when you exclude all your deadhead miles from the equation.

It's only a matter of time before you throw another hissy fit and delete all your posts from this thread as well, just like the last one. So much for being "up front". :roll:

Quote:
I know when I was reading this forum before I got my CDL this was a HUGE secret for some reason and they ones who did post what they were getting, well.....
Well what?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh
Quote:
Steve, that is the #1 reason why I think you will succeed. There will be bumps, but even the most seasoned veterans have bumps(read up on the mighty rev not knowing how to put tire chains on).
Damn straight - 11 years in, and I don't know how to put tire chains on, nor do I want to know. I just turned down a load to California today for that reason. :wink:
Old 01-03-2007, 12:32 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

I'm sure I haven't witnessed the worst but I know I have more experience now than some new person driving with a trainer for 3 weeks who does nothing but deliver groceries in Nebraska backing into food warehouses the size of the White House.

what a egotistical comment but coming from you it's not surprising.
You haven't experienced anything yet-after a few years let us know.
Plus you've never pulled a reefer and don't have a clue what is involved yet you know all about that too right?
Old 01-03-2007, 12:33 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
I'm sure I haven't witnessed the worst but I know I have more experience now than some new person driving with a trainer for 3 weeks who does nothing but deliver groceries in Nebraska backing into food warehouses the size of the White House.

Everyone needs to hit a grocery warehouse one time or another :lol:
Old 01-03-2007, 12:46 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kintama
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr

Everyone needs to hit a grocery warehouse one time or another :lol:
That is true :P
You'll either gain humility or go crazy and go Postal
Old 01-03-2007, 01:30 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Well, I reply to this just once. I do have connections back home hauling lumber and granite but at this point, I'm not interested. I'm having too much fun roaming around the U.S. at the moment!!!

All the loads I've gotten so far are off the load boards and it was a piece of cake. If you average all my loads it comes out to $1.80 per mile. I'm getting an average of 6.2 mpg. Sometimes 6.6, sometimes 5.2 but overall, 6.2.

I know it's just killing SOME people in here that I find it easy and fun. I found most all the information I needed to get started in here and a lot of help from GMAN.

I'm sure I haven't witnessed the worst but I know I have more experience now than some new person driving with a trainer for 3 weeks who does nothing but deliver groceries in Nebraska backing into food warehouses the size of the White House. Does that make them qualified after 3 weeks.
When I graduated college I knew nothing but the talent to learn.

When I graduated CDL school I knew nothing but the talent to learn.

I don't give advise in this forum but plan to some day. For now, I'll keep driving, having fun and posting my experiences at least until I find them not interesting.

I've posted nothing but the truth and being very up front with the loads I'm getting and the cost per mile. I know when I was reading this forum before I got my CDL this was a HUGE secret for some reason and they ones who did post what they were getting, well.....

Well, it's time for bed off to the side next to the Colorado River then up the mountain to Aspen tomorrow.

A ballzy statement from someone who does not know their azz from a papersack.

I find this " I want to be a Twuck Dwiver " experiment entertaining. Does Stevie Big Rigger really know what his P&L really is ?????? :roll: :roll:
Old 01-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I find this " I want to be a Twuck Dwiver " experiment entertaining. Does Stevie Big Rigger really know what his P&L really is ?????? :roll: :roll:
Nope. Nor does he care. Probably doesn't need to care because he'll be gone when the novelty wears off. Same reason dead miles don't matter. His adventure is all about driving a truck and nothing about making money driving a truck. I think that's why it appeals to so many people.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:23 AM
BANNED
Senior Board Member

Everyone you see creeping through these forums seems like they're making so much money is ridicuolous, I couldnt find maybe just a couple of post where people made reasonble amount of money for this buisiness.

I know of 4 different companies who are claiming that rates had fallen down a bunch, broker firm that am leased to here in Chicago is confirming the same so I might be out of line, crazy or whatever if i think that about 98% of bullshit thats spilled here is exacly that. People who are claiming that they are haulin 2.50 freight in and out all day long are i think just plain telling untruth. same goes regarding this cheap freight disscution that been floating around here, everyone is deadheading and refusing but theres so much of it out there that it makes you think twice of even reading through some of these posts here and there....

If you haul 2.50-3.00 freight right NOW what did you haul couple of years ago, 5.00$ maybe and if you're doing so well what the hell are you doing driving a truck 20-30 years straight, you should have at least a million stacked up in the bank and enjoying your life....

please, just like a CB, turn it off !
Old 01-03-2007, 04:47 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by -FlyByNight-
Damnit Steve! This is business, NOT pleasure! :wink:
Sorry there Fly, I'll try and be like the other professionals in here. Lets see, were did I put those doom and gloom pills.
Don't forget the lobotomy! :borg:

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. arty: