User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Thanks Nascarfan,

I heard about a really sweet 5 pack just last night. A friend saw it yesterday and called me.

2002 Freightliner sold new in 2003 with a Cottrell rack. Either a 110 or 112, forgot which right now.
190K miles and always well taken care of.
Asking $60,000 and might take a touch less????I didn't want to spend that much but sometimes ya gotta stretch for the good one's...

Next stop------>the bank. I gotta see how much they like me?????

Be good, Jim

Never argue with idiot's....first they drag you down to their level.... then they beat you with experience!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 01:42 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
Thanks Nascarfan,

I heard about a really sweet 5 pack just last night. A friend saw it yesterday and called me.

2002 Freightliner sold new in 2003 with a Cottrell rack. Either a 110 or 112, forgot which right now.
Asking $60,000 and might take a touch less????I didn't want to spend that much but sometimes ya gotta stretch for the good one's...

Be good, Jim
Fl112 don't think they make a a 110.
Old 10-22-2007, 05:05 AM

I wonder if this worked out for u? any updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
Thanks Nascarfan,

Be good, Jim
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 AM

Would be interested to know how this worked out for him also.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Rookie
Default Car hauling with a 5 pack

I've got a 4 car roll back(1 on top,2 on the roll back + 1 towed behind) just like the one pictured.I'm looking for a place to put mine to work.Does anyone know a place where I can put my 4 car roll back on at or anywhere I can put it to work.
Old 05-11-2009, 02:23 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I don't know where you live but if you want to get your own authority you could work some of the auto auctions and find some dealers you can work with. I assume that you don't have a sleeper on your truck from the description. Most of the car hauling carriers prefer you to have a sleeper. However, there are leasing companies and car rental agencies who use trucks such as yours. You might check with Jones Motor. They have a hot shot division and might be able to lease you on. Someone posted on here about a year or so ago about working with a company near Nashville that had multiple locations. I believe he had a similar set up as yours. You might do a search for car hauling on here and find his posts.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:20 PM
Senior Board Member

I think the guy Gman is referring to was Daren. He was hauling cars for Copart. They do salvage auctions all over the US. They have a large presence in the Southeast.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:35 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I believe you are correct, Bigmon. Salvage cars are ideal for that type of setup.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:23 AM
Board Regular

Hey fella's , Been a while . Well I am no longer hauling for Copart ( Who was it said I would love to hate Copart ?) Anyway, My average day with Copart was long and grueling ( spel) . You will pickup cars anywhere from a downtown tow company where you may have to wait a couple of hours for them to move two cars out of your way or perhaps you might be sent 75 miles out in the country to pick up at a residence where you may drive thru a muddy cow pasture to drag out a 1 ton flatbed with a broke axle.

You have to figure where to go first depending on what sort of cars they give you. there are only certain cars you can haul over the cab so you must plan ahead , even then you are are not 100% sure until you get there what waits . I have on several occasions had to unload two or even three cars just to get the 4th car . I have spent as much as 14 hours just to pickup 4 or less cars . you will get greasy beyond belief , muddy , wet and downright nasty. If you accept a load and don't get there by the pickup date , you have to pay the extra storage fee.
I am not trying to discourage you but merely relaying cold hard facts . I gave it up because I was never home before 10 pm except a few fridays , and usually left the house by 5:30 am, also the fuel prices killed me . I sold my truck on 6-19-2008 ( thank GOD) . My last fuel purchase was around 4.80 a gallon. I know that fuel prices have dropped a ton since then but so has the surcharge . Copart will run promise you an increase as fuel prices go up but when I left they were about 5 weeks behind the rising fuel prices. It was netting about 175.00 less a week less than when I started. Several times I ran out of hours and spent the night in the Copart Facility sleeping in a daycab.
Now before you start adding up my hours , keepin mind I parked my truck most days in Bowling Green Ky and commuted home in my pov, nonetheless I still had long hours . Having said all that You still might come out ok if you live near a Copart facility . you wont have the long commute but then again you will get the crappy short hauls ( some pay as little as 35.00 ) . Even so you will spend the better part of a day getting 4 cars loaded and unloaded . I did have some good weeks , seems one week I did 28 cars but that was about a 2000 mile week as well. 2000 mile might not seem like a lot to you over the road fella's but when you have , dragged, winched, loaded and unloaded 28 cars in the middle of all that you will have had a tough week. If you already own a 4 car hauler Copart might be the best fit for you , They love 4 car haulers , but be ready to work your tail off . I have done about every kind of work from being a superviser in a loan company to construction , and am used to long hard 14 hour days but believe me this gig was tough. Darin
Old 05-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Thanks for jumping in, Darin. I am sorry to hear things didn't work out for you. I know you had high hopes starting out. A 4 car such as this could work well pulling pov's or personal vehicles. I have a friend who used to run his authority mostly doing pov's. He had a Dodge dually and a 4 car trailer. He did pretty well at one time. He stayed in motels and primarily ran about 4 or 5 western states.