Old 05-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Hey GMAN....... The list doesn't exist. Get it. That's why you keep attempting to pass it on. IT DOESN'T EXIST GMAN!

Prove that I am wrong! Please please! (You can't)

You give some of the best advice when you're in your domain. Drifting into unknown territories (aka truckerspeak/rumors) detracts from your earned credibility regarding issues that you do indeed possess knowledge of. G

This list is from the fmcsa website under alcohol and drugs. You can read the entire article, if you wish. I believe that someone posted a list of prohibited drugs at one time, but this is directly from the fmcsa website.

WHAT DRUGS ARE TESTED FOR?
All urine specimens are analyzed for the following drugs:
  1. Marijuana (THC metabolite)
  2. Cocaine
  3. Amphetamines
  4. Opiates (including heroin)
  5. Phencyclidine (PCP)
The testing is a two-stage process. First, a screening test is performed. If it is positive for one or more of the drugs, then a confirmation test is performed for each identified drug using state-of-the-art gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) analysis. GC/MS confirmation ensures that over-the-counter medications or preparations are not reported as positive results.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 PM
Senior Board Member

Those are illegal drugs. I believe what the OP was asking for was a list of prescription drugs.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:54 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmon View Post
Those are illegal drugs. I believe what the OP was asking for was a list of prescription drugs.
That is exactly what the OP was asking/inquiring about Bigmon. I'm happy to see that worrywort took the time and effort to confirm what we were trying to tell him about the difference between prescribed medications and Schedule I prohibited/illegal substances that are indeed banned by the FMCSA. I am disappointed that GMAN is still attempting to blur that line, which only serves to "muddy" the issue again. Point blank, as worrywort found out. GMAN is simply proffering opinion, compounded by his insistence that "we" visit the FMCSA website for further guidance.

I have indeed gone back through the FMCSA website once again only to confirm that GMAN is indeed, at best misinformed. At worst he is misleading. I find this disappointing as I have a very high degree of respect for GMAN when he is in his element.

GMAN.....you refer to checking the FMCSA website for the info that you insist is there. I cannot find it. (regarding PRESCRIPTION meds. NOT Schedule I)(As it does not exist). However, I would appreciate a DIRECT LINK to that FMCSA page (regarding PRESCRIBED MEDICATIONS) as opposed to just the generic 'go the FMCSA site' that you continually challenge/suggest. Again. I've done it. Please help me out, as apparently my West Virginia public school education is apparently failing me miserably.

Respectfully asking here............that you back up your challenge to me/us and lead us to that FMCSA page. (not the website, again....to that particular page).

Not too much to ask, I would think? Especially since we are discussing driving careers. If I'm wrong, I'll eat my crow. No problem.

worrywort...........I don't have time right now to go into my knowledge and thoughts about why you should MOST DEFINITELY give some very very very serious consideration before you ever think about giving up your disability benefits to try and go back to work. Short for now. That is usually a huge mistake, and folks that have done so find it extremely difficult, if not impossible to reclaim those benefits if indeed going back to work doesn't pan out. It sounds as if your SSDI app went through relatively smoothly compared to many that I have known about. More about that later. I'm glad that you were able to get through the system and receive the benefits that you have paid in to and deserve.

Regards,
B

Last edited by belpre122; 05-19-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Rookie

OP, I suffered with pretty bad anxiety for several years once I began having chronic back pain starting at age 17. Yep... 17. I'm 24 now and about a year ago I began managing my back pain more with certain stretches and exercises. I used to rely heavily upon narcotics/benzos like morphine, hydrocodone, alprazolam, clonazepam, etc. to manage the pain and anxiety but my tolerance is so high that I'd have to take a ton just to feel any relief at all. After a while I noticed the anxiety stemmed from realizing I was in a constant cycle of pain and drugs with no end in sight. The fact that I'm so young only made it worse! Once I figured out how to manage it a bit better without a ton of drugs, most of the anxiety lifted. Think deep and try figure out what's causing your anxiety issues. Is it a body image issue? Familial issues? Health problems like me? It's easier said than done - but it can be done!

Do your best not to depend on anxiolytics (benzos) because eventually your tolerance will increase and you'll have to take more and more and eventually they'll stop working altogether. You can try a natural relaxant like valerian root; it's non-addictive and even helps you sleep great!

Good luck! And remember - you're NOT alone!
Old 05-31-2013, 02:31 AM
Rookie

to the op! you need to figure out what has happened to you. or who has done something to mentally. dispatcher bullying or threatening can trigger mental disorders. and the victim of it. is normally unaware of what is happening to them. google mobbing in the work place. and there are online support groups that do help. based on what i read. something terrible has happened. and you have mentally blocked it out. so returning to driving a truck may trigger the symptoms again. if you feel up to it. go down to a used truck lot and sit in a truck and see what happens. take a video camera with you. so you can see first hand what you are going through.

I personally think that some one has done something to you mentally. and your unaware of it. so fear of driving or much human contact other then trust doctors or loved ones. is a good classic sign. to give you some idea of what has been happening to you. what ever has happened. you mind is completely wrapped around it to a point that you don't realize it. so until you figure it out. you are going to relapse.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Rookie

Bp88,or is it John Stamos, Thanks! Congrats on getting off all of the meds. My Dr. gave me a prescription for propranolol,a betablocker as an alternative or in conjunction with a lowdose benzo. Alprazolam isnt addictive in low doses. I have heard valerian root is pretty much equivalent to a lowdose benzo since it acts like an herbal tranquilizer.Im a little older than you. I will be 35 in a few months. trucker72,for the most part I was an independent and I was my own dispatcher. The days I had a dispatcher I was never really bullied and always communicated well and never ran illegal or really tired.I dont remember anyone doing anything terrible to me other than the usual abuse all of us go thru in this profession. I test drove a truck 6 months ago at a dealer and I did it without much anxiety. However that was 6 months ago and right now my anxiety is far worse than it was back than. In a way like Bp88,my first panic attack was triggered by a pulled muscle in my back 5 years ago. However 5 years ago I recovered from anxiety after a few months and was back on the road for another 3.5 years before it reared its nasty head again and put me on disability. No physical health problems that I know of as I got a clean bill of health just a few months ago. Except for some high blood pressure. Currently Im in therapy trying to figure out what is causing my anxiety. I really hope to return to a truck again one day but right now I can barely drive 3 blocks. One step at a time
Old 06-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Rookie

I discovered an interesting topic on antidepressants. At one time airline pilots were completely banned from taking any of them. If you were on antidepressants than you could not get medically certified to fly a plane. 3 years ago the FAA lifted that ban on 5 of them. Pilots can now take prozac,celexa,paxil,and zoloft or a sister drug and legally become medically certified to fly a plane. Almost every trucking company I talked with allows these antidepressants. Most of them just dont allow the benzos like xanax or klonopin. I havent tried any of these meds yet.However I do want to live a normal life again and do everything I used to do without a load of panic harping behind my back. People have reported lots of successes and some failures with the antidepressants. I have been antimed for a long time but now i am seriously considering them. Unless I can manage to work,drive,and live with this anxiety. That wont happen anytime soon.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Everybody has different chemistry. You have to try them and see which one works for you. Some one will have success with Paxil, and for someone else it won't do anything. Maybe that person does better with Celexa. Hopefully, you'll get lucky and get one that's right for you from the beginning.
This is the kind of thing your Dr. and therapist need to figure out.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Rookie

I have a friend that gets the panic attacks and he takes meds, plus drinks, so I doubt I can be of help but even with meds he can't function..God will help you.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:27 PM
Rookie

a little bump to this conversation.
newbie here dealing with same situation.
anybody find a solution yet?
thanx