User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Everybody is right... sort of. I can see why a DOT officer might let someone go as long as his name is on the script. It's not THEIR job to do drug testing. Of course, one COULD be abusing the script, and IF there was an accident... it would certainly come up. (but maybe not in an inspection.)

I should be on ritalin. I can legally take it and still drive, but.... if and when I get randomly tested, I will FAIL. Then I tell the MRO to contact my doctor, and after confirmation, the MRO reports a NEGATIVE test. I just don't really like the stigma.... OR the hassle when it happens. And I don't want to have to list that on my application.

Company restrictions CAN go further (for insurance reasons, etc.) I'm not sure they are allowed to discriminate on this basis... but, we ALL know how they get around that.

All of this is ONE reason why I go "untreated," or prefer to look for more natural remedies.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

...I knew you were off your meds

Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM
Board Icon

Okay, Worrywort. I'm going to try to give you the info I promised... but, it is an effort for me because of my ADD. Don't ask me to explain it, unless YOU can explain why you have to muster courage to leave the house. I have this same problem... which is why I'm interested. It COULD give me some insight into your problem. BTW... have you ever explored the possibility that your anxitey is based on "un diagnosed" ADD?

I'm no Psychologist, but I have read extensively on the subjects of depression, anxiety and ADD. I think the reasons should be obvious. I have researched every drug you mentioned and THEN some. I've tried most of them. However.... I would shy away from the Xanax. I STILL suffer from all of those symptoms (or conditions,) and can't even make myself find and take the natural remedies I mentioned. But then... my condition is not keeping me from driving. But, at times when I was between jobs? They most certainly kept me from getting out and applying for them. I am lucky to have a job today. When I am home... I am almost paralyzed. It is SO hard to get out of the house for ANYTHING.

Some years ago (can't even remember which period it was,) I was so down and depressed and full of anxiety that I ordered a set of tapes/cd's from Lucinda Bassett that purported to help me conquer my condition in a more "natural" method. I'd tried everything else.... what did I have to lose? I ended up sending back the cd's unused.... but, I KEPT the pills she sent with the program! NOTHING I had ever taken had worked so well to alleviate my condition, and get me headed in an upward direction.

I am not selling this product, nor "officially" endorsing it. It is highly likely that one could just get SOME of the supplements individually and have equal success. But, one thing I KNOW is... it is not a placebo, or a situation of "mind over matter" (psychosomosis.) These things worked for me... even tho I was drinking heavily at the time (which usually defeats a medical regimine.)

They were called "good days / positive mood" pills and were part of the program. She has since been forced to change her advertising claims and even alter the pills that she offers. But, they are still available on the internet. They were produced by GoodLivingLabs.com. (but that site only seems to have the new variation now.)

The basic ingredients are: L-Theanine, 5-HTP, Magnolia bark extract, Panax Ginseng, and Rhodiola Rosea. I'm not going to explain each one. I don't know WHICH part was the most effective, or IF you can get them separately.

Here are a few links I found while trying to track them down. One is a place where you can order them. About $25 per 30 tabs. Well worth it to me. One of the links describes the formula and why it supposedly works. If you "back link" some of the articles.... the whole thing seems to disappear! I don't know why. They are the long, pinkish pills.

https://www.google.com/search?q=good...ient=firefox-a

Here, you will find all the articles I found. (above link)

Windmill Good Days For Positive Mood 30 Ea - Reviews & Prices @ Yahoo! Shopping

Pretty useless link, except it shows the exact package that I received and the original claim of its effectiveness.

Live a Hectic Lifestyle: Rejuvenate with Good Days Supplements | The Supplement Cellar

This one explains each ingredient (to some extent) and why it is supposed to help. If you backlink from here... you'll never find it mentioned again.

Good Days Tablets For Positive Mood,

This link actually SHOWS the long pink pills I'm referring to, and should allow you to order them if you feel like taking a chance that could save your life.

Positive Mood Good Days - Directions for Me

A good read. More on the ingredients and their purpose. Seems to have been written by either the chemist or Lucinda Bassett herself. Just info.

There's also a link or two to the forum for those taking her course AND her pills. You'll find it on the google link I gave you at the top. I'm not going to link it. I never took the course. I agree that MUCH of it is self-talk and positive thinking. What I am saying is... I didn't TAKE the course, and didn't "self talk" myself into anything! But.... the pills worked wonders for me. I don't know if they will work for you. Could be a different problem. But... I was riddled with anxiety at the time, and these pills HELPED.

I didn't get to page 2 or later in the google search. That's up to you, if you are interested. I just know that I WANT these pills again! I saved the last empty box for YEARS now! I have tried almost every pharmaceutical that could be prescribed.... and NOTHING worked better (although Wellbutrin came close.)

Good luck my friend. I KNOW what you are going thru (somewhat.) My condition has never kept me from driving, but.... who knows what could happen down the road? I know that drinking doesn't help (though I DO,) and exercise DOES help (though I don't!) People who say it is just "mind over matter" don't understand how the mind works (and obviously don't have THIS problem.) It's about serotonin, dopamine and synapses! It IS "mind over matter" .... but, it's a dysfunction IN the mind/brain! It's a chemical imbalance causing a malfunction of a chemical reaction. It's not OUR fault!

Drugs MAY work... but, so might NUTRITION. Don't know about you... but, I don't eat a balanced diet. Everything I know about the human body tells me THAT can cause problems. I don't have time to find a magnolia tree and eat its bark! So.... I believe that there are natural remedies for my condition.

And, if it weren't for my untreated ADD.... I'd take action TODAY! lol.

Good luck. Take care. And.... take control!

Hobo

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
...I knew you were off your meds
LOL! For ME that's a bad thing. For YOU that's a GOOD thing! Make you a deal? You promise to take me fishing up in Mishygun NEXT summer... and I'll make myself go back on my meds! I'll even let you row the canoe! lol.
Old 04-22-2013, 10:49 PM
Board Icon

(stagger-stagger-stumble-Aarrh)

Ye be wecome anytime m8...
Here be a sunset, where I be fishun tonite after steelies (rainbow trout)
that be the sun setting between the Manitou Islands, and tonight may be a beaut too.
sunsets are great medicine for a masterbaiter

google map Leland, Mi. and you can see the Harbor I'll be at
and I live aboot 1/4 of a yardarm, from there... 18 hole golf course right behind me crib, too sez aye.. ​Garr Harr Harr

Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 AM
Board Icon

how's this for stress relief?
I left for the river, right after the last post, and a half hour later I caught this 6 lb. steelie.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Rookie

Hey thanks Golfhobo. I have looked into Lucinda Basset before and her claims seemed too good to be true and her cds were way too pricey. The 5-htp and other ingredients you mentioned are pretty well-known and I can find them down the street at an organic store. No need to eplain your ADD. You did a fine job regardless. At this point I do NOT feel safe even driving my car let alone an 80k truck. My worst attacks happen while driving.In the beginning I would have most of my attacks during the daytime so I would try to run mostly at night. As my anxiety got worse I felt I had no choice but to stop driving. Safety is my top priority.I have never disclosed my condition to a DOT Dr. There is also an herb known as kava kava but I have heard it was linked to liver damage. I am a little weary of natural supplements and herbs. They could have the same side effects as medications. If I use xanax it would only be for short term just to get me out of the house at least since that alone is a daunting task right now.According to my psychiatrist I dont have add. My diagnosis was panic disorder,GAD(generalized anxiety disorder),and some OCD. I have heard a lot of about Xanax. Most sufferers claim it works well and doesnt make you very drowsy in low doses. There is also Klonopin or Ativan.I have tried to lower my anxiety in some natural ways to no major avail. I used to walk a mile almost every day in the truckstops. It helped with some weight loss but the anxiety was still there. For longterm treatment my therapist has recommended trying a betablocker. Those are usually for high blood pressure but I may have that in the early stages too.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:58 PM
Rookie
Cool Anxiety Disorder

Hey man, glad you stayed away from the pharmaceuticals. Do not take any of those SSRI drugs, they're way too powerfull for the human mind and they keep getting more and more powerfull. If the general public only knew more about them, they couldn't give the things away instead of charging people an arm and a leg. I've been thru, and still am where you are to some degree, and here's my two cents: 1) find a GOOD chiropractor that will do an x-ray of your spinal-column to determine that every vertibre are in order. Have adjustments made as needed daily/weekly/monthly as needed; 2)while you're going to the chiropractor, have a doctor initiate a neuro-transmitter test, which is done on urine samples that they send off to a lab and then the lab sends the results back to the doctor in the form of a report that lists all the neuro-transmitters in your body and which one's are in/out of balance. Request that a Thyroid test be run on urine sample as well because this is usually done at a seperate lab; 3)have blood sample test done at a GOOD hospital to determine that all is well with your overall health. Request that they check chloresterol level, because this is usually done seperately. Once you get all that done, repeats steps 2 and 3 every six months as needed. See you on the road!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
You may call one of those clinics that do DOT physicals and random drug testing and ask them.
Hey GMAN....... The list doesn't exist. Get it. That's why you keep attempting to pass it on. IT DOESN'T EXIST GMAN!

Prove that I am wrong! Please please! (You can't)

You give some of the best advice when you're in your domain. Drifting into unknown territories (aka truckerspeak/rumors) detracts from your earned credibility regarding issues that you do indeed possess knowledge of. G

Old 05-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122 View Post
Hey GMAN....... The list doesn't exist. Get it. That's why you keep attempting to pass it on. IT DOESN'T EXIST GMAN!

Prove that I am wrong! Please please! (You can't)

You give some of the best advice when you're in your domain. Drifting into unknown territories (aka truckerspeak/rumors) detracts from your earned credibility regarding issues that you do indeed possess knowledge of. G

Belpre,after doing some research and talking to some medical examiners I must say that you are CORRECT. There is no list. Most companies dont allow benzos like xanax and some companies dont allow antidepressants but most of them do as long as you are on the medication for at least a few weeks and the side effects are mild enough to where it doesnt affect your driving. I would rather be a little tired from the medication than to be having a panic attack behind the wheel. Anyway,here is an update. Since I have been out of work for one year I was able to get approved for disability benefits. Thank God for seeing the right doctors and their prompt and careful filing of my records!Not sure how long it will take for my first check to come in or even how much it will be or how much I will get in back pay. This is my first time ever having to file for it. Has anybody here collected disability before? And if my condition improves and I can get back in the truck again do I have to disclose any disability information to the trucking company? Im hoping to be back on the road soon and dont plan to live on disability for long. At least I hope not.